Were we actually robbed?

Remove this Banner Ad

For those of us who were in attendance it is a cathartic exercise to post here. Strangely I feel like we have yet to hear/reach the final twist to this saga 🤔
Not sure there is much left.

Surely the default position should be to halt play when a doctor enters the field of play ? They’re there for a reason 🙄
That would be totally unworkable. Medical staff run on and off multiple times a game. As long as they're not in the play, then it's not an issue.

The fault lies with the player on this one.

It’s all about Harley Reid .

That would be totally unworkable. Medical staff run on and off multiple times a game. As long as they're not in the play, then it's not an issue.

The fault lies with the player on this one.
Except it didn't actually interfere with play.
Papaley claimed it did, but he had absolutely no chance of getting to the ball.
Anyone with half a brain could see that.
Ie. Anyone whos not Leigh Fisher.

It was the single time I was aware Papley was even playing.

Our player takes the mark whilst in between the two trainers, having bumped into one while the ball was in flight. If that's not in the play, then I don't know what is.

Yes, Papley was nowhere near it, but that's not the rule.

I wonder if old mate will use the words to describe the AFL interchange steward as he did when Geelong were penalised for an interchange infringement:

"CO-HOST Gerard Whateley saved his best for last during last night's episode.

The usually mild-mannered and even-tempered AFL journalist went off, branding the league's interchange steward officiating the Geelong-Hawthorn blockbuster as a "car-parking attendant" with an "over inflated opinion of who he is".
I don't watch anything Whateley, how did it come out in the wash when Geelong is replaced with North Melbourne?

It's because they were in the play. Whoever it was shouldn't have kicked it near them.
No the ump should have halted play when the guy with the ball was on the ground after a head knock and a doctor was running out to check on them. Then the play should have remained stopped until the medical staff left the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of players down and play being stopped. Did anyone notice the "blistering" pace set by the Sydney trainer carting the stretcher out to carry off Ladhams? There was a fair chance at the rate the Sydney Trainer was "running", either Ladhams or the Trainer - my money was on the latter - might have died from old age/exhaustion before the Trainer got out to the middle.

So Shiels has concussion and he was the player that came off.

So the AFL forced a concussed player back onto the field.

We’d be fined $50,000 if we did that.

I’m so fukcing over this league man.

Bloody Hell, is that true???

The AFL is an out and out disgrace.

Not listed on the AFL injuries site though...

1684826631980.png

View attachment 1694870
Presented with symptoms after the game according to the injury report.

Shiels reported symptoms on Saturday night following the Round 10 hitout with the Swans.
"Liam suffered a head knock late in the fourth quarter of the game against Sydney on the weekend," head of performance Kevin White said.

Sounds like he didn't come off because of it and the concussion wasn't discovered until later.

View attachment 1694870
Veteran Liam Shiels has been ruled out for this weekend's game due to a delayed concussion, meaning he'll miss his first match since making his debut for the club in Round 1 against the Eagles.

Shiels reported symptoms on Saturday night following the Round 10 hitout with the Swans.

"Liam suffered a head knock late in the fourth quarter of the game against Sydney on the weekend," head of performance Kevin White said.

"He will now fall into the mandatory 12-day AFL protocol and progress through graduated exercise as symptoms alleviate."

Presented with symptoms after the game according to the injury report.

Sounds like he didn't come off because of it and the concussion wasn't discovered until later.

Yeah that’s how it reads to me. He didn’t come off because of a head knock, so the afl weren’t to know when sending him back out there. Bit of a nothing story.

Veteran Liam Shiels has been ruled out for this weekend's game due to a delayed concussion, meaning he'll miss his first match since making his debut for the club in Round 1 against the Eagles.

"He will now fall into the mandatory 12-day AFL protocol and progress through graduated exercise as symptoms alleviate."

Isnt our doctor allowed to review any head knock in game and do a concussion test, even if the player isn't showing signs of any symptoms?

Papley couldn't get near it all game. His best chance of getting a touch was to crash into a medic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back