Autopsy V geelong @ cattery, Nice that we were still in it at 1/ time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Turnovers

51 - 76

This must be addressed as every game we turn it over far too easily.

It’s setup related, not skill errors (primarily). It’s why I believe it is past time for a change.

I'll never forget this night.

Whilst waiting for my Father to finish up in the toilet, a man pulled me by the scruff of my coat. He dragged me around a corner; out of sight of passers by.

His gaze fixed on my now flittering eyes.

He asked me why I was scared. He said "Son, you're 14. In your time as a North fan, you've only known success. The courage of Archer, the hardness of Stevens, the dynamism of McKernan. The other worldly dominance of the Captain. It won't always be like this in the new millennium".

I laughed. Listen to this dumb campaigner. "Have you not seen our young stocks. Scott Welsh. Even Hewitt. Besides, our leaders will dominate for a while. They're all committed family men who would never do anything to endanger the fabric of the team camaraderie".

The old man chuckled and took a long inhale of his Winfield Blue. "Son. You've got some bad times coming. And not just for your piercing unattractiveness. This club has 2 decades of nothing coming".

"Premierships?" I said.

"lol" he said and I had no idea what he meant.

"Grand Finals?"

His eyes welled up.

"Prelims?" I sheepishly asked.

"Yes, but we'll get reamed in every one".

At this point I realised he wasnt a rockspider trying to diddle me and he was actually from the future.

"Tell me more, wise one".

"Well, we'll basically finish 9th for 20 years. Then it will all fall apart when you try to rebuild in 2020".

What prompts this rebuild I enquired?

"Essentially, some campaigner in China knocks off a bat sanger. Everyone dies from a virus, the AFL shuts down".

We just beat Geelong. I ask if we beat them in 2020.

"No. We play them on a Tuesday arvo in Brisbane and they smash us".

"...".

"It'll make sense in 2020" he assures me.

"What else will be different?", I ask expectantly.

"You'll spend 20 years on Big Footy. It's a website."

"Ah yes the digital age. Are these people like a wise council of digital elders?".

"Not really, They allude to being sexually aroused when a North player goes alright for 6 weeks. They all need to sort their s**t out".

I bid this time traveller adieu and pledged to eventually start a MySpace account warning all North fans of the coming troubles.

We’re as bad as any team ever.
I said the same last night. That we’re worse than GWS in 2012 and Fitzroy in 96.
A north supporter last night called me out and got defensive and said we’re not as bad as the Sydney sides in the early 90s.
That’s where we’re at.

Pretending to be ignorant is not really becoming.

And if you are that ignorant then it’s just sad.
Sorry Mr Serious. Just reflecting their irrelevance to Australian sport. Union is a lost sport.

Another thing about being at the game last night, with binoculars sitting almost in alignment with and above the centre square I can say we categorically got smashed in the centre. Not sure if the stats reflect this but we were massively outgunned, we really need to get some big bodies to get in and under, has to be a priority from a trade perspective cannot afford to wait until one of our young guys fills out.

Ok.

Noble is gone.

But it wasn't necessarily all his fault.

Yes sure Noble is *en useless, as we should be much better than this, but his dismissal is only one part imo.

I'm not against Rawlings getting axed at the same to be honest.

We need change and we need it now, I have no trust anymore in our decisions but we must do something and now.
And pray tell where that would leave us in terms of continuity. There is no recruitment department. That consists entirely of Brady and Clayton presently. Baby and bath water spring to mind.

200.gif

* me is this a serious post?
Please advise the staff members who are employed in that department right at this minute. I’ll wait. You are an advocate of firing everyone as a solution. There is no one in their right mind that we could recruit from other clubs without a framework in place going forward which does not appear to exist presently.

Please advise the staff members who are employed in that department right at this minute. I’ll wait. You are an advocate of firing everyone as a solution. There is no one in their right mind that we could recruit from other clubs without a framework in place going forward which does not appear to exist presently.

Get your facts straight.

Your post is otherwise ok.

Get your facts straight.

Your post is otherwise ok.
Thanks for your approval of my opinion. I was waiting with bated breath for it. My facts are already correct. Another opinion I have is that you are an overactive poster whose opinions are universally negative. You bombard this board and should find yourself another hobby. Lots of posts do not equate to more passion or more commitment or being more informative. They are the same thing regurgitated constantly. So if it’s ok by you I will ignore you henceforth. I await your approval.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst waiting for my Father to finish up in the toilet, a man pulled me by the scruff of my coat. He dragged me around a corner; out of sight of passers by.

He asked me why I was scared. He said "Son, you're 14. In your time as a North fan, you've only known success. The courage of Archer, the hardness of Stevens, the dynamism of McKernan. The other worldly dominance of the Captain. It won't always be like this in the new millennium".

I laughed. Listen to this dumb campaigner. "Have you not seen our young stocks. Scott Welsh. Even Hewitt. Besides, our leaders will dominate for a while. They're all committed family men who would never do anything to endanger the fabric of the team camaraderie".

The old man chuckled and took a long inhale of his Winfield Blue. "Son. You've got some bad times coming. And not just for your piercing unattractiveness. This club has 2 decades of nothing coming".

"Premierships?" I said.

"Grand Finals?"

His eyes welled up.

At this point I realised he wasnt a rockspider trying to diddle me and he was actually from the future.

"Well, we'll basically finish 9th for 20 years. Then it will all fall apart when you try to rebuild in 2020".

"Essentially, some campaigner in China knocks off a bat sanger. Everyone dies from a virus, the AFL shuts down".

"...".

"Ah yes the digital age. Are these people like a wise council of digital elders?".

"Not really, They allude to being sexually aroused when a North player goes alright for 6 weeks. They all need to sort their s**t out".

I bid this time traveller adieu and pledged to eventually start a MySpace account warning all North fans of the coming troubles.
POTY

Might I be bold enough to suggest that the biggest win for us last night was having Geoff Walsh sitting in the coaches box?

A full house at Optus suggests otherwise.

Union is the one true sport.
Perth would fill their stadium with a dominos tournament - they have fugg all international sport. Great to see the Aussies finally beat the poms but its a dreadful game to watch. Have a look at the crowds they get to local games. No wonder they created NRL.

A full house at Optus suggests otherwise.

Union is the one true sport.
Gotta be honest, I'd be more up and about for our vfl team winning a practice game than I would be for the Aussie Rugger lads winning a world cup. But that's just me. Others are entitled to cheer on the bum sniffers if they choose to do so.

"Premierships?" I said.

"Grand Finals?"

His eyes welled up.

"...".

Music Festival 90S GIF

10 Jeremy Cameron (GEEL)
7 Tom Hawkins (GEEL)
6 Cameron Guthrie (GEEL)
4 Mitch Duncan (GEEL)
2 Zach Tuohy (GEEL)
1 Luke Davies-Uniacke (NMFC)

My cranial fluid started exiting through my nostrils after 1/2 time, but I thought Walker was stiff to give up the 7 votes to Hawkins.
Walker did really well early, but weight of numbers will always get you in the end.

10 Jeremy Cameron (GEEL)
7 Tom Hawkins (GEEL)
6 Cameron Guthrie (GEEL)
4 Mitch Duncan (GEEL)
2 Zach Tuohy (GEEL)
1 Luke Davies-Uniacke (NMFC)
Good for LDU. Well deserved.

My cranial fluid started exiting through my nostrils after 1/2 time, but I thought Walker was stiff to give up the 7 votes to Hawkins.
Walker will be top 5 in the BnF.

He may even podium.

What I expected unfortunatley. LDU, Curtis and Taylor some positives. It was definitley men vs boys, look at Menagola next to Powell, linguini arms.

Then this no. 13 umpire, Dick Brown I think his name is, is the worst umpire i've seen since Margetts and Schmitty.
He's looking right at Lachie Young when the tackle slips high, calls holding the ball. Unrealistic attempt multiple times unwhistled, these are obvious.
They gave us a momentary good run in the first quarter then shafted us from then on. Inconsistent decisions in all games he's had of ours.
But I guess we get the worst/rookie umpires when you're last.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back