Were we actually robbed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard a discussion on the wireless over night suggesting we were robbed. According to them you can have another interchange after 75 for an injury. I forget the player that left the field but he had cramp - was that considered an injury? Some people were saying it isn't an injury others saying it is. Has this been discussed anywhere else yet? Is that right about being able to replace an injured player? Not sure which wireless station I was listening to in the early hours.

Didn't matter guys... Somehow we decided to make a 77th interchange after all of that... And it's actually the poor Swans who were robbed of another free kick & 50 metre penalty..

Powell came on (for Phillips) for all of 1 minute and then came straight back off (for Shiels).

Inexplicable!

Didn't matter guys... Somehow we decided to make a 77th interchange after all of that... And it's actually the poor Swans who were robbed of another free kick & 50 metre penalty..

Powell came on (for Phillips) for all of 1 minute and then came straight back off (for Shiels).

Inexplicable!
It was a reversal of the 76th interchange.

No. A cramp isn't an injury.
That was the main debate and opinion was divided. If it makes you unable to play and can result in serious damage then it's an injury. Interesting debate.

Inexplicable!
Yep, and us chucking all that rubbish on the field at the end was literally illegal disposal and only the Swans can do that, so they were robbed again.

Sheez kicks the sealer and we aren’t even worrying about the interchange infringement
Yep. Or CCJ uses his body to protect his position on the wing and marks the ball instead of letting a player drop in front of him. Maybe same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please 77 changes AFL covering their asses . But regardless of this when we were on top we need to keep going and it wouldn’t be an issue . Everyone knows the AFL have the Swans back . Must be great barracking for them knowing this . Wonder what it would be like only thing is we would have to go to the Gold Coast to find out.

I reckon the full on footy nuffies will love investigating this one.

First step would be to go over the tape and count every interchange and check if the number is correct.

Find out if the interchange official is supposed to inform the team that they have reached the threshold.

Look into what qualifies technically by the rules as an interchange. It’s it simply a the swaps of players from the bench to the ground no matter what the reason, blood rule, injury.

Because of the way our season is going I can’t find myself caring too much either way.

It has to be investigated though, because I’d hate for an important game to be decided wrongly in the future.

Thanks for that. I suppose it doesn't necessarily say whether cramp is considered an injury.
Don't believe it specifies what is/isn't an injury anywhere - so in theory cramp could be considered one. There are further protocols around 'medical assessments' though, so wouldn't be as simple as just declaring one:
1684630114186.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back