Autopsy V geelong @ cattery, Nice that we were still in it at 1/ time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confident and with direction? Probably a few. Zac Guthrie still gets a game for Geelong. It’s hardly a super team.
Mate I was at the ground it was almost men against boys, the cats were faster, fitter, bigger, stronger; it really brought it home to me being there tonight watching our lads being beaten to the ball, shaken off in tackles, rag dolled, if you are that confident then please name them….

I don't particularly rate Chris Scott much better than Brad, they play a good H&A brand of footy but it gets found out in finals. They have a better track record at home in terms of umpiring than West Coast does, but there aren't any big finals in Geelong.

2016: Lost PF to Swans
2017: Lost PF to Crows
2018: Lost EF to Dees
2019: Lost PF to Richmond
2020: Lost GF to Richmond
2021: Lost PF to Melbourne

Average losing margin: 43 points

I mean, it is great they win games and get to play finals, but West Coast has more silverware in recent time and they are down near spoon land every second or third year. Is the game to be around the winners or actually winning it?
So are Geelong better because of their coach or their players?

I guess different to the behaviour of Rohan and Cameron when 100 points up, now that was plain arrogant,

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I would have been reported for certain. That was a clear high tackle on Young. Would have smacked Cameron right in the gob. Rohan is a front runner of the first order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure i have said this before this season, and don't know his name, but that bearded whistleblower #13 has previously demonstrated his incompetence at AFLW level, and has not improved one iota
He’s all what’s wrong with the umpiring.
He had us against GWS and I referred to him as Eleni the whole match. He’s so ******* bad.

Of all people ******* Montagna said it the best.

Effort was good, contest work was good, matched at the stoppages etc

Our gameplan is the issue, defensively and offensively. And that’s on one bloke.

Ead noblels - put the campaigner and us out of our misery this week Sonja

And then next week we can watch Simpkin rack up double digit clangers and turnovers under a new coach as our future captain 😍

Please, Noble is clueless but * that's a reach to say effort and contest work was good etc. Beaten 1 on 1 time and time again, 3/4 of our players can't kick and that's NOT a structural issue, it's just they genuinely have no skill to pierce a zone hence the chip kicks.

Confident and with direction? Probably a few. Zac Guthrie still gets a game for Geelong. It’s hardly a super team.

Guthrie is actually a decent role player these days. He doesn't make many mistakes because he plays within his means. We would love to have a few Zach Guthrie's that we know will go out there and at worst achieve a draw in their position. This isn't 2017 now in regards to Guthrie.

Hardly surprising unfortunately. Was clear after a few games it wasn't going to get better, and it hasn't for 13 weeks. These insipid 3 months - with players going backwards and the lack of competitiveness - are on Noble, no matter what the apologists say.

However, a 111 point loss at Geelong against that mature side with 2 down early was probably no better or worse than we've dished up for months. That's how bad we've been going.

Some of the best signs I've seen from Lazzaro so far in his career, his running and space making was a lot better.

Powell and Spicer do not have AFL level bodies yet. That's why they can't compete. Don't play them. They are not men yet.

Mahony and Atu can surely have a line drawn through them. Atu didn't do anything particularly bad tonight but there's just nothing to his game. Mahony is a witches hat, again.

Suspect LDU would comfortably slot into the cats team.

You have some good points though, look at the top 10 possession getters for the cats, basically all 100+ game players. Our issue is inexperience in general, no team should have to rely on consistency from players with less than 50 games.

List management and injuries to senior players is our biggest hurdle right now.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Disagree
Development is diabolical, has been for years

As others have said, Umpire #13 is possibly the most incompetent umpire I’ve ever seen in my life. You cannot possibly umpire that bad unless you’ve never played a game in your life and never been brought up in and around football and he is consistently this bad………anyway, onto the positives lol. Thought we looked better once Turner went off. LDU great and effort was fine across the board.
Whether it was our youthfulness or lack of physical conditioning or a combination of both, our tackling is diabolical. Pin the arms for gods sake. How we can get the ball to half back or even centre and not kick it into our forward line is unforgivable. I’ve been
Ok with Noble but this game really showed a coaching ineptitude. Spicer and Curtis up forward is at least something to look forward to in future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back