Game Day The Prelims 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood players desperate for a free kick in the last 30 seconds. Dropping their knees at every opportunity. Disgraceful.

Suffer in ya jocks. Couldn't have happened to a nicer group of supporters.

Truly disgusting and reminded me of Portugal in the final minutes of the 2006 World Cup semi final trying to coax a penalty out of the ref in the final minutes.

Its also not surprising given Buckley and McRae both condoned Ginnivans shitful behaviour over the last 2 years and makes them losing by a point all the more sweet.

Last edited:
You may not have watched football for the last couple of years? But, if you can find a single example of a player marking on the last line and not being brought back to the goal square, let us know. One single example in the past few years.
Need ears cleaned out if someone watching footy in last few years not heard the umpires teach players about the 9 metre requirement numerous times.

If any of those 0.6 were a goal. We win. It was that easy. Yet, forever etched in history as shat the bed.
2022 will probably go down in history as a case study in shitting the bed.

Professor in 2038: "Today we will study mental fragility. Please open Carlton R22 and R23 from the year 2022 and take notes."

The big criticism of Teague was no "Plan B".

Collingwood is exactly the same, just "Plan A", no "Plan B".

They just have a more experienced list and have had a lot of luck.

The Teague and Mcrae "Plan A" are very similar, it worked for coaches like Hardwick because he had three time Norm Smith Medallist Dustin Martin.

You need other ways to coach if you do not have a Dusty.

IMO there is nothing similar at all about Teague’s and McRae’s game plan.

Teague relied on winning clearances whilst McRae relies on rebounding from D50 after losing the clearance.

Thank god they’re out.

Their luck run out.

They think they’re good.

Essendoom, 38 points up, then 20 points down in last, a 58 point turnaround.. Lucky to win.

Us a 43pt turnaround and lucky to win.

Cats was I think 50pts turnaround.

Norf was up by 5 goals.

Got pumped today when the heat was on, credit to them for coming back but good sides don’t get into that position in a final in the first place.

Only beat 2 teams in the 8… it’s unsustainable footy and they’ll be found out next year…and their best player will be 35 by then.

Thank god they’re out.

Their luck run out.

They think they’re good.

Essendoom, 38 points up, then 20 points down in last, a 58 point turnaround.. Lucky to win.

Us a 43pt turnaround and lucky to win.

Cats was I think 50pts turnaround.

Norf was up by 5 goals.

Got pumped today when the heat was on, credit to them for coming back but good sides don’t get into that position in a final in the first place.

Only beat 2 teams in the 8… it’s unsustainable footy and they’ll be found out next year…and their best player will be 35 by then.
I just checked and they had the lowest % (by quite a margin) of any team finishing in the Top 4 since the year 2000.

Totally unsustainable.

Could quite easily fall out of the 8 next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just checked and they had the lowest % (by quite a margin) of any team finishing in the Top 4 since the year 2000.

Totally unsustainable.

Could quite easily fall out of the 8 next year.

Going to get a harder draw next year too,.

Probably good enough to still make the 8, but certainly not top 4.

Paying McStay 3 million for 5 years too.
Don't these clowns ever learn ? 😀😀😀

I would lol very hard if the Swannies get up next week, that would be a choke of monumental proportions for the cats.

Go Swannies

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes. Noticed all year how Collingwood milk free kicks. Nick Daicos is a master of it. He’s also very good at waving his arms furiously to influence the umps into paying holding the ball to his teammates. Has worked very well for them this year.

1 point! Parley push in the back not paid, then he drops the mark…which is paid, then nailed the match winning goal. Doesn’t get any better than that..

Pendles will go down as one of the games best but he does like to milk a free and sook to the umpires.

The big criticism of Teague was no "Plan B".

Collingwood is exactly the same, just "Plan A", no "Plan B".

They just have a more experienced list and have had a lot of luck.

The Teague and Mcrae "Plan A" are very similar, it worked for coaches like Hardwick because he had three time Norm Smith Medallist Dustin Martin.

You need other ways to coach if you do not have a Dusty.

I struggled to "believe" in the pies the second half of the season.

I am putting it down to bias but I was never convinced. I felt they were beneficiary of too many soft frees in front of goal and that kept them in games they otherwise wouldn't have been. Would love to know if frees i50 was a tracked statistic.

With that said, I think they are a very very good football side. 11 wins in a row won largely, in my opinion, by their positive mental attitude amd adrenalin. They also managed to keep guys like Howe and Elliot on the park who often miss large chunks of the season.

I wonder if they'll repeat their success next year, especially with Pendles, Howe, amd sidebottom nearing their 40s?

Think Easendon would be impressed by how 'Brave' the Filth were ...

So many levels of Bravery ...
I made an FB post that included them referred to as "Filth" and no one got it. I have always known that Coll, Carl and Ess supporters refer to each other colloquially as either "The Filth" or "The Scum". Personally, Coll = The Filth and Ess = The Scum (as in Essenscum). Did I miss the memo where this is no longer appropriate?

I made an FB post that included them referred to as "Filth" and no one got it. I have always known that Coll, Carl and Ess supporters refer to each other colloquially as either "The Filth" or "The Scum". Personally, Coll = The Filth and Ess = The Scum (as in Essenscum). Did I miss the memo where this is no longer appropriate?
Yes they are always known as the Filth

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back