The pressure on the WA government to relax it's rigid border rules

Do you agree with the rigid border rules or do you agree there is room for flexibility?

• Yes border rules are keeping WA safe

Votes: 45 53.6%
  • No there needs to be flexibility

Votes: 39 46.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

As opposed to voter suppression in the USA?

I'm not interested in comparing to failed systems to justify poor standards here or elsewhere.

We should expect more from our governments rather than justify poor conduct and necessary breaches of civil rights

I'm not interested in comparing to failed systems to justify poor standards here or elsewhere.

We should expect more from our governments rather than justify poor conduct and necessary breaches of civil rights

Are you not the guy who doesn't vote??

Are you not the guy who doesn't vote??

please feel free to elaborate on the relevance of this fact to "We should expect the best standards of government rather than accept low standards or breaches of civil rights or accept lies (and yes all politicians lie through their teeth)"

please feel free to elaborate on the relevance of this fact to "We should expect the best standards of government rather than accept low standards or breaches of civil rights or accept lies (and yes all politicians lie through their teeth)"

I don't get how someone who refuses to participate in the system can lecture anyone.

You opted out. You lost your right to a voice when you made the decision to not participate

The fact that he was able to catch it a second time is a positive …

our drilling team just come out of isolation and the rating out of 1 to 10 being 5 a cold, 10 the flu and 12 worse than the flu...........the highest score post triple vax was a 3.

this is excellent news

I don't get how someone who refuses to participate in the system can lecture anyone.

You opted out. You lost your right to a voice when you made the decision to not participate

I'm not lecturing anyone unless you feel that we should accept poor standards of government or pointing out a Lee Jnr is in charge of Singapore is a lecture

Do you feel we should accept poor standards? Do you feel we should compare ourselves to benevolent dictatorships and or justify that low standard because the US is worse?

Whether I vote or note, I don't actually have a say at the ballot box, as I have always lived in safe liberal or safe labor seats that haven't swung post WW2 or in some cases never.

I dare say this point you raise is just an attempt of distraction just as was Singapore, Lee and the US. It's OK not to be honest with yourself, it is a free world and you are free to do so.

I'm not lecturing anyone unless you feel that we should accept poor standards of government or pointing out a Lee Jnr is in charge of Singapore is a lecture

Do you feel we should accept poor standards? Do you feel we should compare ourselves to benevolent dictatorships and or justify that low standard because the US is worse?

Whether I vote or note, I don't actually have a say at the ballot box, as I have always lived in safe liberal or safe labor seats that haven't swung post WW2 or in some cases never.

I dare say this point you raise is just an attempt of distraction just as was Singapore, Lee and the US. It's OK not to be honest with yourself, it is a free world and you are free to do so.

I'm saying "we" can have that discussion re: Australia, its just you that cannot.

And as for Singapore, it's an issue for them. How colonial is it for you to lecture a people on what form of govt they should be having to make you happy

I'm saying "we" can have that discussion re: Australia, its just you that cannot.

And as for Singapore, it's an issue for them. How colonial is it for you to lecture a people on what form of govt they should be having to make you happy

you get a voice 0.09% more often than I choose. Then divide that by the number of elections in your life multiplied by how many elections the margin was less than 1%.

What % are you left with?

please link where I lectured Singaporeans that they should change their government system

please link where I lectured Singaporeans that they should change their government system

You criticised them for being in your words a dictatorship. And then you mild backtrack was it's a kinda dictatorship

In any case why do you even care?

YOU want to disenfranchise someone .... because they dont vote ..... pot/black?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

YOU want to disenfranchise someone .... because they dont vote ..... pot/black?

How can I disenfranchise someone when they have excluded themselves from the process?

Nice try though, better luck next time

Sadly your thought process is 'muddle headed wombat' like.

How so? If you illegally don't register to vote, you can't bitch the process is not working.

You are just desperate to stick it to me after a tough week defending your various scum that you admire

You criticised them for being in your words a dictatorship. And then you mild backtrack was it's a kinda dictatorship

In any case why do you even care?

please quote where I criticised Singapore for being a dictatorship? and I don't care about Singapore as I like it

I like Singapore

We should simply expect the best government possible and not justify poor policy elsewhere as to why we deserve poor policy or poor governments

please quote where I criticised Singapore for being a dictatorship? and I don't care about Singapore as I like it

We should simply expect the best government possible and not justify poor policy elsewhere as to why we deserve poor policy or poor governments

So you like dictatorships? Well that's a new one.

How so? If you illegally don't register to vote, you can't bitch the process is not working.

You are just desperate to stick it to me after a tough week defending your various scum that you admire

why resort to emotional outburst, distractions or making stuff up in your own head?

why resort to emotional outburst, distractions or making stuff up in your own head?

Its a legal requirement to be registered to vote and to vote in Australia. Fact you have refused to do so is your call, but it means you lose the right to bitch about the process.

like I said......please link my post where you suggest I said something rather than make stuff up in your own head

Okay, enlighten us. Do you like dictatorships?

Its a legal requirement to be registered to vote and to vote in Australia. Fact you have refused to do so is your call, but it means you lose the right to bitch about the process.

please post a link supporting your assertion I did not register to vote and "refused to". Alternatively please confirm you're making s**t up in your own head and presenting it as fact.

FYI - I voted for Labor in the Keating winning election, so I did register to vote

If you illegally don't register to vote

you have claimed I illegally did something.............please provide a link supporting your assertion. Alternatively please confirm you're making s**t up in your own head and presenting it as fact

FYI - I was legally removed from the electoral roll between the Keating victory and the Howard victory

Are you @floorpie or @CM85?

Okay, enlighten us. Do you like dictatorships?

I will happily express my position and that is "we should not accept poor policy or poor government because of other examples of poor policy or poor government. We should expect good governance, good policy and governments that respect civil rights".

I'm not interested whether Singapore is good or bad and certainly not interest in justify poor policy here because of poor policy in the US because it is worse than Singapore.

Unfortunately you've tied yourself in knots and resorted in making stuff up in your head, created distractions and resorted to abuse. Then hoped others will follow you down silly rabbit holes that are not relevant to the debate at hand.

please post a link supporting your assertion I did not register to vote and "refused to". Alternatively please confirm you're making s**t up in your own head and presenting it as fact.

FYI - I voted for Labor in the Keating winning election, so I did register to vote

you have claimed I illegally did something.............please provide a link supporting your assertion. Alternatively please confirm you're making s**t up in your own head and presenting it as fact

FYI - I was legally removed from the electoral roll between the Keating victory and the Howard victory

Are you @floorpie or @CM85?

So you don't care about the form of govt, just as long as it gives you the outcomes you want?

Back