Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh im pretty sure you can. range of tickets from $25ish-$500 (courtside).

Check out the website and pick a good game (Play the Sydney Kings who are coached by Andrew Gaze at Hisense on the 12th of November FWIW).

Also for the detractors here, I'm not a huge BBall fan, only really started following the NBA a few years back (after the Halcyon days of Barkley, Kemp, Robinson and Jordan obviously) but its such a good spectacle. Game goes for an Hour and a Half, the quality is surprisingly good (a lot of the import guys from US Colleges aren't starters) and the entertainment value is far, far superior to an AFL game.

I went to my first game on Boxing Day last year and was hooked, bought a gold membership this year and will do so for the foreseeable future.

Give it a whirl, it might not be for you but worst case scenario you drop $30 and an hour and a half on a Saturday or Sunday you likely would have pissed away watching Bachelor re runs anyway.
thanks mate, was gunna head down to hisense to check out melbourne play nz.

We need a handyman thread!

I'm going to make a Busy Board for my nephew's Christmas present. Do you think I could get a piece of wood like this at Bunnings?
il_340x270.991280079_mtee.jpg

It doesn't have to be on a stand.

Also, would I be able to use superglue on wood like that? I'm not very good with tools :oops:

I'm going to make a Busy Board for my nephew's Christmas present. Do you think I could get a piece of wood like this at Bunnings?

Also, would I be able to use superglue on wood like that? I'm not very good with tools :oops:
Dont use regular superglue. They will have something that is suitable for wood though.

Ask Jordan... to get you one.

what the hell is that unholy contraption

That looks a bit dangerous for a toddler.

I'd just be buying them something like this.
A593368.jpg

At least you know with Fisher Price stuff it's safe for kids, I used to play with a lot of Fisher Price stuff when I was a kid and I'm still alive to tell the tale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm looking to get my sister some money for her trip to US.
Unfortunately I have not been out of the country for a while, so I forget how it works.
The closest "major" shopping centre I live near is Galleria, is there a place there I can get under 500 US dollars?
I had a quick peek online and a few sites were saying I'd need to get 500 minimum, which I sort of get but still find strange.
Yeah I know you'd need more than 500 when going away but still.

Any place other than an airport where I can get under 500?
Non WA people can obviously answer if they know an organisation which would let me go in and get the money.

RickSanchez you should be able to get US dollars from any branch of a major bank.

I know with some you can order it in advance online then pick up from the branch. Not sure whether suburban branches keep small reserves on hand but working in the city I just went into the main branch and asked for 1000 Euros over the counter and got it that way.

Alternatively you can just go in and buy a Travelcard and put $500 on it.

Why is it considered necessary for the first word of a newspaper article to be capitalised?
JamesMayAutocar.jpg

This got James May sacked as editor of Autocar. It reads So you think it's really good, yeah? You should try making the bloody thing up. It's a real pain in the arse.

RickSanchez you should be able to get US dollars from any branch of a major bank.

I know with some you can order it in advance online then pick up from the branch. Not sure whether suburban branches keep small reserves on hand but working in the city I just went into the main branch and asked for 1000 Euros over the counter and got it that way.

Alternatively you can just go in and buy a Travelcard and put $500 on it.

You think I could get under 500 though? I'm not looking to get much, it's just gonna be a small gift like 100-200 US.
Might have to contact them somehow.

You think I could get under 500 though? I'm not looking to get much, it's just gonna be a small gift like 100-200 US.
Might have to contact them somehow.

The smaller the better from a bank's perspective. If you want to get 5 or 10k then a suburban branch just won't have it, and depending on the day the central branch may not either.

Generally, the smaller a FOREX transaction the higher the fee as a percentage of the total. From memory the last time I did it my bank offered a fee of 3% of the transaction value. Others charge a flat fee per transaction plus a percentage etc.

A question for people who prefer cats over dogs...

Have you ever had a dog, and just genuinely prefer cats? I'm yet to meet a person who prefers cats but actually owns/has owned a dog.

A question for people who prefer cats over dogs...

Have you ever had a dog, and just genuinely prefer cats? I'm yet to meet a person who prefers cats but actually owns/has owned a dog.

When I was much younger, yes we owned two dogs- a german shepherd and some black mutt. (loved them both) Later on we had 3 cats.

Genuinely prefer cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back