Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I said earlier we just did the south. So Hobart, Huonville, Geeveston, Cockle Creek, stayed a night on Bruny Island then back around the other way to Port Arthur which is also near the Tassie Devil sanctuary. Port Arthur was fantastic. Stayed in the hotel there that overlooks the grounds. Really beautiful place. Hard to believe it was ever a prison. Can't really comment on the rest of the island as have sadly never made it back there.

I guess it depends what you want to do though. The above is good if you like communing with nature and the landscape and things in it.
That sounds really nice. We're just trying to decide whether a driving trip or a drop by the beach/pool trip would be better for the little one. We have opposite opinions on that at the moment!

for things to do in the norf:

"Tasmazia" in the NW is really good value.
tasmazia-the-village.jpg
Running around in life-sized mazes was a lot more fun that I thought it would be.:thumbsu:

for things to do near Launceston the Gorge in the city centre is great. You can go on the chairlift, admire peacocks, walk through nice paths and tracks in the area and walk on the suspension bridge if you're brave enough...
upload_2018-1-2_18-17-11.jpeg

Grindewald swiss village is also great (not too far from the city centre).
1639830_79_z.jpg
Great mini-golf course, beginner canoeing facilities, childrens equipment including a giant jumping pillow and you can even feed the local ducks.:) Also really nice hotel rooms if you want to stay the night.

That sounds really nice. We're just trying to decide whether a driving trip or a drop by the beach/pool trip would be better for the little one. We have opposite opinions on that at the moment!
Yeah we didn't do a big holiday until the bubba was four, meant we wanted an apartment not a hotel room, with a one year old you're more likely to want a hotel room, more options for places to stay.

Kids club will be less likely, going somewhere near relatives so you can get a baby sitter for a day or night can be good.

I'd find a place you like the look of that you can see yourself at with a kid

Is it possible for data stored on the old floppy disks to be obtained and transferred onto a memory stick in the same way that video content can be transferred onto a CD/DVD?

Is it possible for data stored on the old floppy disks to be obtained and transferred onto a memory stick in the same way that video content can be transferred onto a CD/DVD?

Depends on the format of the data and the quality of the disk.

If you have a a drive capable of reading a 3.5" floppy then you should be able to transfer data from it.

if you've got a disk drive sure

My first of with a hdd, had a 120MB HDD, it had 4MB of ram and a half MB graphics card, it was a beast, took something like 40 floppy discs to install games and i couldn't have that many installed at a time.
Had both 5.25 and 3.5 inch floppy drives

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. Does it cover real crimes etc?

Yep, I'm only half way through it but it's covered a handful of cases already. Goes over crime scenes, motives, psychology and the FBI process in determining a suspect. The guy has input into some fairly big cases like Ed Kemper, Green River, Son of Sam, BTK etc. He coined the term 'serial killer'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back