The race for top 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems wide open now other than the Eagles.

Swans well placed but probably have the toughest draw in the comp over the next 4 weeks. Get through with at least 2 wins and we should be ok for top 4 by the end of the season.

I still can't figure out if we are a genuine threat though. We are not as strong as 2014 to 2016 but 9 wins and 3 losses ( inc a 2 point and 10 point loss) is a good spot to be in obviously.

Yeah, in over 40 years of following, I don't think I can remember a season where it's been so hard to get a read on teams.

I would think the current top 8 plus Hawthorn, GWS and Essendon are the only ones that will make it. Adelaide have too many injuries and the rest not good enough with Freo capable of shaping team's finals prospects here and there.

I have consistently posted that Richmond are still the team to beat despite them only battling along a bit. I think they woke up a bit against Geelong last week.

Port are certainties now.. favorable fixture and no injuries.. they are flying. Looking at their fixture i can only see them maybe only dropping 1 or 2 more games.
Sydney
Richmond
Port
West coast
Collingwood
Geelong
Melbourne
Hawthorn

Port now 9-4 with Carl StK Freo GWS (in Adel) WB and Adel next 6.

Should expect to get 4 from 6 minm, 5 if they are serious, and all 6 if in form. 5 will have them 14-5 and almost a top 4 surely.
Yep.Reckon Port will make top 4.If they don't then something serious has gone wrong.

The Tigers have worst tally for free kicks in the league, in that they don't get many at all. This for me gives them even more of an edge in terms of flag favourites. They don't need free kicks to win games. This gives them a real advantage in the finals series. Depending on where they play.

In saying that, who knows what can happen in the finals.

Just did it. There's a lot of 50 / 50 games left for the rest of the season, I don't think I've ever done a ladder predictor with less certainty.

For what it's worth :

Richmond 18 wins
Eagles 17 wins
North 16 wins
Sydney 16 wins

Port Adelaide 16 wins
Geelong 15 wins
Melbourne 15 wins
Collingwood 15 wins

Jeez Melbourne have had some s**t losses that will come back to bite them on the arse. Probably a sign that they're not quite ready yet.
I like the cut of your jib sir.

The collective amount of humble pie that would need to be eaten will pay off the national debt.

Should I have said 'over the course of one round' so it'd make sense to the simpletons?
Made a mistake myself.Should have put in at least a :D for those who are highly strung supporters with no SOH.;)

Made a mistake myself.Should have put in at least a :D for those who are highly strung supporters with no SOH.;)
Oh, I knew you were joking ... I forgot the ;) deliberately for those who don't respond well to criticisms. :cool:

Cats won’t be top four. They probably can’t drop any more than one game from here on out and yet they still face Sydney away, Adelaide away, Richmond away, Hawthorn away and Melbourne at home.

Tigers away? But they just played the Tiges away at the 'G'.

I'll see myself out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cats won’t be top four. They probably can’t drop any more than one game from here on out and yet they still face Sydney away, Adelaide away, Richmond away, Hawthorn away and Melbourne at home.
I hardly think that's fair ... two away games to the Tigers in one year.

Just did it. There's a lot of 50 / 50 games left for the rest of the season, I don't think I've ever done a ladder predictor with less certainty.

For what it's worth :

Richmond 18 wins
Eagles 17 wins
North 16 wins
Sydney 16 wins

Port Adelaide 16 wins
Geelong 15 wins
Melbourne 15 wins
Collingwood 15 wins

Jeez Melbourne have had some s**t losses that will come back to bite them on the arse. Probably a sign that they're not quite ready yet.

I just did something similar. Percentage will be crucial, could be the difference between second and eighth.

Rich 18
North 16
Coll Geel Mel WC PA 15
Syd 14

With GWS and Haw just missing out with 13

It’s all set up for a tigers kangas grand final...

Id be happy to play the Kangas in a QF.

They'll go out in straight sets.

Good run home though..... they play WB, Ess, Suns (h), Swans (h), Pies, Eagles (h, Tassie), Lions, (a) , WB (again), Adel (h) and StKilda.

Both of the two top eight interstate sides they meet are home games, and one of them in Tassie. The only other top eight side they meet is Collingwood.

Last edited:

Oh, I knew you were joking ... I forgot the ;) deliberately for those who don't respond well to criticisms. :cool:
You give yourself way to much credit(again).I didn't see it as a criticism.:moustache:

I just did something similar. Percentage will be crucial, could be the difference between second and eighth.

Rich 18
North 16
Coll Geel Mel WC PA 15
Syd 14

With GWS and Haw just missing out with 13
I have us on 14 wins which will be enough to make it. The freo game away is the big one. As is the cats game at the g. Think we will lose 3 more from here GWS, Sydney and the Cats. Need to win at least 1 possibly 2 50/50 games in the run home. Can now count the bombers game as a 50/50 also

Remove this Banner Ad

Back