Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct!
And each time there is a bathroom and Vincent moment, bad things happen.

Goes to toilet with Mia, she over doses,
Goes to toilet during breakfast, robbery happens in diner.
Goes to toilet in butch's house, he gets killed.

In godfather when you see an orange or oranges, peril is upon us
I guess that for many BF posters, Blair = oranges?

I guess that for many BF posters, Blair = oranges?
Perhaps so.

Or did you notice the orange balloon that's bouncing down the road before they do Mr Oranges back story in reservoir dogs?

I did not - that is two movies I have to re-watch yet again. Nice avatar. I think he would back the current coach.
He probably would.
And his advice would be worth listening too

:)

He probably would.
And his advice would be worth listening too

:)
I understand he was very philosophical when it came to close results - primarily because the uneven bounce of a footy made for so many uncertainties in any given game, so that every close game could have gone the other way. Thus need to look at a bigger story than one or two close results to get an idea of a team's progress/regress.

Sounds like todays coaches about focusing on the "process".

I've never had that
But I can confirm that Coriander is putrid.
Always replace with continental Parsley.
Don
I use oyster sauce on Asian greens, but you need to read the labels to find a brand without MSG and other sites in it.

Re 'dim sim' I always thought these were a bastardisation of the classic Chinese 'dim sum', I.e. a form of dumpling (pork, cabbage and spices encased in a skin made from flour and water, and steamed or fried). So, dim sims are of Asian origin but we Melburnians (?) made them our own.
Exactly right VP. I have been to Chına quite a few times and the dim sim is definitely a rip off of the Chinese dumpling.
Some things which I noticed in China.
You never see bread. I have been to a million restaurants in China and never saw what we call Chinese rice. Maybe it is a regional thing but in the places I went I never saw it.
Chinese people are awesome. Especially in the cities where they do not see too many foreigners.

Don

Exactly right VP. I have been to Chına quite a few times and the dim sim is definitely a rip off of the Chinese dumpling.
Some things which I noticed in China.
You never see bread. I have been to a million restaurants in China and never saw what we call Chinese rice. Maybe it is a regional thing but in the places I went I never saw it.
Chinese people are awesome. Especially in the cities where they do not see too many foreigners.

I've been to Chine a few times too. Can even speak a little bit of Mandarin. What were you doing in China? Which cities did you go? Awesome country to travel and live in. The most common dishes there isn't your sweet and sour pork here, although the food that is served now in resterants here has become more authentic. 15 years ago there were only two Northern Chinese resterants in Melbourne. That has changed drastically since.

It's very exciting eating traditional Chinese in China. Favourites are
gang bao ji ding - kung Pao Chicken.
Di Xian san, =Three Route Vegetables Potato, Eggplant, Capsicum. North Chinese
New Her - Beef Noodles - South Chinese
Peking Duck. - And just Duck in general. Having half a plate of Duck, Geese etc on one's plate is something special.
The best breakfast food is in the North - in Beijing Jiand Bing - Egg Pancakes. I always double up and get two eggs. That s**t is just too good. There's now the bastardized version here - Bing Boy but that has nothing on what you get in some parts of China, you have to go north for it. You get it off the street vendors in Beijing.

Lastly, speaking of Duck and resterants, best resterant experience I had was an all you can eat Braziallian resterant in Guangzhou, a city in the somewhat more cosmopolitan - by comparison to the rest of China - which is in the South. They served all you can eat - with cuts of different meats. I pretty much went the Duck, it cost less than $20 on special. Ridiculous. Or is that redicorous... :D

Best Chinese I have had here is at my uni, Chicken, Eggplant and Garlic on Rice. Mostly Asians eat there, so it is somewhat similar to the food they get back home. Man for just over $10 they serve enough for two meals. It's exaxtly how I like and dream I could cook it.

Last edited:
I've been to Chine a few times too. Can even speak a little bit of Mandarin. What were you doing in China? Which cities did you go? Awesome country to travel and live in. The most common dishes there isn't your sweet and sour pork here, although the food that is served now in resterants here has become more authentic. 15 years ago there were only two Northern Chinese resterants in Melbourne. That has changed drastically since.

It's very exciting eating traditional Chinese in China. Favourites are
gang bao ji ding - kung Pao Chicken.
Di Xian san, =Three Route Vegetables Potato, Eggplant, Capsicum. North Chinese
New Her - Beef Noodles - South Chinese
Peking Duck. - And just Duck in general. Having half a plate of Duck, Geese etc on one's plate is something special.
The best breakfast food is in the North - in Beijing Jiand Bing - Egg Pancakes. I always double up and get two eggs. That s**t is just too good. There's now the bastardized version here - Bing Boy but that has nothing on what you get in some parts of China, you have to go north for it. You get it off the street vendors in Beijing.

Lastly, speaking of Duck and resterants, best resterant experience I had was an all you can eat Braziallian resterant in Guangzhou, a city in the somewhat more cosmopolitan - by comparison to the rest of China - which is in the South. They served all you can eat - with cuts of different meats. I pretty much went the Duck, it cost less than $20 on special. Ridiculous.

Best Chinese I have had here is at my uni, Chicken, Eggplant and Garlic on Rice. Mostly Asians eat there, so it is somewhat similar to the food they get back home. Man for just over $10 they serve enough for two meals. It's exaxtly how I like and dream I could cook it.
Love the food as well. So much variety.
I normally go to Changchun in Jilin province. In winter the temp drops to about -30 degrees. Who would have thought a persons eye balls could feel cold. My trips are business trips but I always stay a week or so extra just to let my hair down.
Have been to many cities including Shanghai, Dalina, Yantai, Beijing, Jinan, Urumqi and many more. Generally visiting factories but I always allow for a few extra days at the places I go to for leisure.
I think I have been to every nightclub in Changchun and in total I have probably spent 50 dollars. The locals just love foreigners, I buy one drink and before I know it the locals have introduced themselves and it becomes "my friend my friend" and they shout for the rest of the night.
Typical conversation becomes "my friend my friend" "gan bei gan bei"

until they fall
Horses can't recover from a broken leg like humans can. A break shatters their bone which can't heal probably. They are put down for same reasons you put your dog down, to stop them having a miserable life, not because they are no longer useful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

until they fall
Or the dog gets run over....

Ultimately the real question is, are humans on the higher order than animals.
If so, animals are used by humans for all sorts of purposes.
We then need rules and laws to ensure a fairness good treatment etc.

If animals are equal to humans in the pecking Oder then without their permission there should in turn be no animal foods, no shoes, clothing, milk (to get cows to milk is a process in ofitself to get them to lactate etc)
Animals can be no longer pets or for sport.
Insects should not be harmed, ants not stepped upon etc etc etc

But most people will "go" animals to their level of comfort or hypocracy (take your pick which one)

If animals are equal to humans in the pecking Oder then without their permission there should in turn be no animal foods, no shoes, clothing, milk (to get cows to milk is a process in ofitself to get them to lactate etc)

But most people will "go" animals to their level of comfort or hypocracy (take your pick which one)

Why is Melbourne Cup Day a public holiday.. do we hold a public holiday to celebrate the exploitation of animals?
The dressage is an Olympic Sport.. are we exploiting animals again?
Are we exploiting animals every time we get the saddle out?

Why is Melbourne Cup Day a public holiday.. do we hold a public holiday to celebrate the exploitation of animals?
Are we exploiting animals by using one as our team mascot? Should we check our collective privileges? In order to stop this collective cultural appropriation of animals? Tune in at 6pm to find out.

I'm vegan

It's really simple, I just say

Bring out the Gimp

One thing I can definitely attest is that my horse believes that he is higher in the pecking order than me.

It's really simple, I just say

Bring out the Gimp

I dont think it's exploitation to be honest.m when it gives animal activists the opportunity to down a few at the local.. isn't that exploitation of animals?

Isn't it exploitation when animal activists put an application in for annual leave to enjoy a long weekend away to coincide with Melbourne Cup Day?

Respect!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back