Toast The Renaissance of Ollie Wines

Remove this Banner Ad

Was actually thinking putting few bucks on him for brownlow $81 atm well he was at start of weekend as I read back and see he's down to $41 lol

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Should be getting Brownlow votes.
On the other hand Robbie Gray should have been getting votes in his prime as well. Can see coaches and players awards along with AA selection going his way but umpires are clueless and he plays for Port.

Had two shocking years with injury, self inflicted on one of those I know, but he did get back and injure his ankle that year...

then missed a chunk last year through injury...

im not too surprised at his current form...

Should be getting Brownlow votes.
On the other hand Robbie Gray should have been getting votes in his prime as well. Can see coaches and players awards along with AA selection going his way but umpires are clueless and he plays for Port.
His last two full seasons he finished top 10 and top 20 in the Brownlow.

The talent has always been there but there were (imo) deserved critiques of him especially late in 2019. I don't think the club helped him out at all with the co-captaincy rubbish either. He is playing like the star we knew he could be, and he's doing it on a consistent basis. Deserves all the credit coming his way.

It's a (real) sliding doors thing, if we got rid of Hinkley over the co-captains thing, Ollie would have probably left.

I totally think Hinkley should have been made to march after that * up - along with his serial under-performing. However, you can't doubt that he has played a role in keeping this group together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll finally get a B&F medal. He could take the 2nd half of the year off and he'd still win. He's that far ahead.

Not going to assume anything on this front after Boak got beaten by a back flanker last year lol.

How about the Brownlow? Conservative form guide so far ...

R1 v North - 30d, in our best few ... 1 vote possibly
R2 v Essendon - 38d, BOG or second best to Butters ... 3 votes given umpires favour high disposal counts
R5 v Carlton - 32d ... 3 votes, no other standouts
R6 v St Kilda - 36d, clear BOG ... 3 votes
R7 v Brisbane - 37d, 1 g ... probably no votes given our players rarely poll in big losses
R9 V Bulldogs - 32d, 1 g ... probably gets 1 vote in a smaller loss
R10 v Collingwood - 27d, 1 g ... best midfielder for the team that won but let's give him 2 votes and assume Collingwood get the 3 for reasons
R11 v Freo - 35d, clear BOG ... 3 votes

So I reckon it doesn't take too much exaggeration to have him sitting on 16 votes at the half way mark which would put him in the mix if replicated across the second half of the season.

The thing I love is he looks like he is loving footy. He's growing as a natural leader as well - gets around everyone but isn't afraid of a spray either. Something I didn't think would happen after the co-captain disaster.

Not going to assume anything on this front after Boak got beaten by a back flanker last year lol.

How about the Brownlow? Conservative form guide so far ...

R1 v North - 30d, in our best few ... 1 vote possibly
R2 v Essendon - 38d, BOG or second best to Butters ... 3 votes given umpires favour high disposal counts
R5 v Carlton - 32d ... 3 votes, no other standouts
R6 v St Kilda - 36d, clear BOG ... 3 votes
R7 v Brisbane - 37d, 1 g ... probably no votes given our players rarely poll in big losses
R9 V Bulldogs - 32d, 1 g ... probably gets 1 vote in a smaller loss
R10 v Collingwood - 27d, 1 g ... best midfielder for the team that won but let's give him 2 votes and assume Collingwood get the 3 for reasons
R11 v Freo - 35d, clear BOG ... 3 votes

So I reckon it doesn't take too much exaggeration to have him sitting on 16 votes at the half way mark which would put him in the mix if replicated across the second half of the season.

He wont get votes against the dogs or collingwood.

But he is a known poller and should poll well. Projecting towards 22-25 at the moment if he continues

Him and Boak were huge. God i wish we couldve kept that starting midfield of the 4th on for longer. As soon as we pulled wines and boak and Dixon into the ruck we collapsed.

I’ve been a critic, but his game tonight was huge, he grunt work in the middle was outstanding.

You almost want to make him captain tomorrow but then you remember that barring Primus' first couple of years and Boak's first couple of years, the captaincy is nothing but a curse at this club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back