The Substitution of Humans with Animals

Remove this Banner Ad

He made a pretty good point though Chief.

Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I suspect that is the reason 90% of people have children or pets.

I just ran over some poor womans dog:(

I did that for the first time at the end of last year. It ran on the road and I had no chance to swerve and miss it. I felt so bad, and made the effort to pick the dog up and carry it to the door of the house that it ran out from. Even when I hit wild animals, I feel bad, and at the very least I'll pull them off the road so they don't get hit again. Anyway, this woman answered the door, and although I understand her hysteria, she went ******* at me as if I murdered it on purpose. s**t, I could have just left it out on the road, but I wanted to do the right thing. In the end I think she called the police on me.

I did that for the first time at the end of last year. It ran on the road and I had no chance to swerve and miss it. I felt so bad, and made the effort to pick the dog up and carry it to the door of the house that it ran out from. Even when I hit wild animals, I feel bad, and at the very least I'll pull them off the road so they don't get hit again. Anyway, this woman answered the door, and although I understand her hysteria, she went ******* at me as if I murdered it on purpose. s**t, I could have just left it out on the road, but I wanted to do the right thing. In the end I think she called the police on me.

Jesus, what a nutter.

Luckily the dog I hit was able to get up and hobble away after I reversed my front tyre off its neck. The owner was there watching as it happened but she actually apologized to me for the incident. Her dog had run over the road to harrass a smaller dog being walked by it's owner and she called it back to her just as I was turning the corner. I hope it survived.

Wasn't a very pleasant experience though. I just heard the dog yelping as it went under the front of the car and the woman was screaming hysterically. I thought I'd hit a ****ing child for a minute there.

Well done on doing the right thing & I'm sorry your efforts were abused. :thumbsu: Yes the owner would have been in shock, but when dogs get run over it's 100% the owners fault, for not keeping them safe by allowing them to roam off lead, it makes me angry seeing so many idiot owners walking their dogs off lead, or just letting them out to walk themselves. :mad:

He made a pretty good point though Chief.

Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I suspect that is the reason 90% of people have children or pets.

It isn't. Surveys suggest that about 30% of people have children for future use as spare parts.

Know your facts before posting, Vaders!
;)

So are these peoples nuts? Even a failed relationship is better than a relationship with and animal, why are people moving moving away from actually engaging in one of the main things that helps you grow and develop as an individual?

From my view it is because human contact in gerneral is being lessened.
We don't write a letter, we email.
we don't call, we facebook or myspace or tweet
we don't talk to random people like shopkeepers and if anyone approaches you in the city we believe it is to get money or smokes

In that effect, if people live by themselves or with a partner who works long hours then the only contact we have with other living things is at work and that is only a false relationship anyway as we're all protecting ourselves and watching ourselves around workmates.
However, an animal will sit there and offer pure, unadulterated companionship at all times, if your partner is there or not ( assuming you have one or even live with someone).
Thus, it replaces the contact with living things that a lot of people lack in the ordinary course of their working week at the least.

Outside of my family and other loved ones I place animals higher on the pecking order of life than most humans!! Your dog will be one of the best companions you could ever hope to have in life. They're not gonna lie to you, steal from you, cheat on you or **** your life up in any other way that a human could!!

Even though I would say that I like animals and enjoy the natural world in general; I really cannot understand this type of thinking. Of course; I would exempt the disabled & elderly who rely on their animals for mobility and companionship.

Don't get me wrong; the natural world is to be respected and cared for, but certainly not at the expense of a human life.

My other beef is people who treat animals just like humans. For example; they may dress their pet up like a baby, give them human gifts that are useless to an animal, let their pet sleep in the sack with them and/or let them eat off their own dinner plate. :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back