The Syrian War

Remove this Banner Ad

US imperialism and genocides = bad :thumbsdown:
Russian imperialism and genocides = good :thumbsu:

Name a country Russia has destroyed since the break up of the old Soviet Bloc.

That's right....Your analogy is just silly & has zero grounds in reality.

Do you even know what Imperialism means?

In Syria though, Russia happened to save The people of the major cities pretty much from genocidal massacre by jihadist forces that the USA was knowingly supporting. The SAA was losing until Russian intervention, A religiously cleansed terror state would be there now.

The most hilarious thing is when one bloke doesnt approve US state sponsored then but then approves Russian state sponsored propaganda. I am totally fine with anyone saying US MSM is crap but gee, how about apply the same principles on other state sponsored media. Do you expect Xinhua to write about the truth of ethnic cleansing of Tibetans or you expect RT write about the genocidal spying thief that Putin is? US might invade another country cause they can, if Russia had a reserve currency and the financial strength of the US they would too. Why have Russian companies contributed millions to the Clinton foundation knowing very well that she is sponsoring terrorism? why is that US despite sanctions towards Russia have sold 20 percent of their uranium to Russia? This is all drama! If people deliberately decide to be ignorant then its their choice. Make RUB the reserve currency and see what justice the Russkis bring to the world.

In Syria though, Russia happened to save The people of the major cities pretty much from genocidal massacre by jihadist forces that the USA was knowingly supporting. The SAA was losing until Russian intervention, A religiously cleansed terror state would be there now.

Only cause Syria is a Russian ally. They are acting out of self-interest nothing more.The US is doing what any major superpower would do to protect their empire, if USD loses their status they are gone, finished! Russia has a long history of meddling with foreign elections as well.

Name a country Russia has destroyed since the break up of the old Soviet Bloc.

That's right....Your analogy is just silly & has zero grounds in reality.

Do you even know what Imperialism means?

I can, but you do have those bizarre CT about almost anything snooky. Which of the ex-Soviet countries trust Russia really? they have a long history of meddling with the elections in CIS countries.

Also Russia simply does not have the capability to set up 30 military bases or have a budget of close to a trillion dollars like US defense. The Russian military budget is only a fraction that of the Pentagon. So why have Russian companies contributed heavily to the Clinton Foundation?

I can, but you do have those bizarre CT about almost anything snooky. Which of the ex-Soviet countries trust Russia really? they have a long history of meddling with the elections in CIS countries.

Also Russia simply does not have the capability to set up 30 military bases or have a budget of close to a trillion dollars like US defense. The Russian military budget is only a fraction that of the Pentagon. So why have Russian companies contributed heavily to the Clinton Foundation?
How is putin genocidal? Paranoid maybe but genocidal? Not really. Chechen rebels were wahabbi terrorists supported by the Saudis and USA. They were same bunch fighting now in Syria, it's a big part of why the Syrian intervention is so important to Russia. He has in Georgia and Ukraine been reactive to military assaults by savage pro western forces, in both cases a certain mr Saakashvili being involved. He was against NATO intervention in Libya, which would have been wise, and is now saying peaceful solutions are the only ones that won't lead to very bloody war in NK, also wise. Putin himself was not begging for war with the west from the start of his rule, it was thrust upon him by the USAs aggressive actions. If the us keeps trying to subvert the government powers around the world it in fact leads these nation to be more paranoid and harsh towards dissent. It's pure destructive aggression to encourage revolution. Not saying putin is a saint but he is not particularly violent, but he is particularly clever, and therefore dangerous to the usas plans for full spectrum dominance.

How is putin genocidal? Paranoid maybe but genocidal? Not really. Chechen rebels were wahabbi terrorists supported by the Saudis and USA. They were same bunch fighting now in Syria, it's a big part of why the Syrian intervention is so important to Russia. He has in Georgia and Ukraine been reactive to military assaults by savage pro western forces, in both cases a certain mr Saakashvili being involved. He was against NATO intervention in Libya, which would have been wise, and is now saying peaceful solutions are the only ones that won't lead to very bloody war in NK, also wise. Putin himself was not begging for war with the west from the start of his rule, it was thrust upon him by the USAs aggressive actions. If the us keeps trying to subvert the government powers around the world it in fact leads these nation to be more paranoid and harsh towards dissent. It's pure destructive aggression to encourage revolution. Not saying putin is a saint but he is not particularly violent, but he is particularly clever, and therefore dangerous to the usas plans for full spectrum dominance.

Maybe because RT not reporting the civilian deaths cause by Russian bombings in Syria? Any report from western media is automatically classified as fake yet people expect a report from RT saying Russian bombings have killed hundreds of civilians?

Secondly, its a country's sovereign RIGHT to allow US/UK or any other nation to set up base IF they want to. How would you feel if North Korea nukes South Korea cause US has a base there? That does NOT give a country the right to nuke/invade a nation, its WRONG. Or do you believe if Georgia wants to join NATO it would need Putins approval first? the situation with Crimea was an understandable reaction of Putin (not saying its right) to the idea not only that Ukraine would become a member of the EU and NATO, but that Crimea would become a NATO base, which, once Georgia joined NATO, would close off Russia's southern exit.

I agree Putin was NOT begging for a war with the west cause its against Russian interests. The falling value of RUB and the sanctions have paralysed Russia, Russia simply cannot afford a war at the moment.

Last edited:
Maybe because RT not reporting the civilian deaths cause by Russian bombings in Syria? Any report from western media is automatically classified as fake yet people expect a report from RT saying Russian bombings have killed hundreds of civilians?

Secondly, its a country's sovereign RIGHT to allow US/UK or any other nation to set up base IF they want to. How would you feel if North Korea nukes South Korea cause US has a base there? That does NOT give a country the right to nuke/invade a nation, its WRONG. Or do you believe if Georgia wants to join NATO it would need Putins approval first? the situation with Crimea was an understandable reaction of Putin (not saying its right) to the idea not only that Ukraine would become a member of the EU and NATO, but that Crimea would become a NATO base, which, once Georgia joined NATO, would close off Russia's southern exit.

I agree Putin was NOT begging for a war with the west cause its against Russian interests. The falling value of RUB and the sanctions have paralysed Russia, Russia simply cannot afford a war at the moment.
Ever heard of collateral damage, it's not good but not genocide. And as I stated earlier, Russian role in Syria is defensive. USA could have ended Isis before they started, but deliberately chose not to, thanks Wikileaks.

While the USA can put bases all over the place, it doesn't have to. It's a choice it's making to escalate to a new Cold War. Gorbachev made a huge step toward the west for peace, but the USA shat all over it.

In Georgia, revolutionary Saakashvili assaulted Abkhazia and South Ossetia and in Ukraine donbass was hit by massive air strikes until planes began falling.

Falling value of Ruble actually benefits Russia in some ways, not least because it means oil can still be profitable, and sanctions have forced Russian diversification of economic growth.

Also just say Russia splits up, how would the world cope with nuclear Chechnya with ramzan in charge? It'd be North Korea on steroids!

Ever heard of collateral damage, it's not good but not genocide. And as I stated earlier, Russian role in Syria is defensive. USA could have ended Isis before they started, but deliberately chose not to, thanks Wikileaks.

While the USA can put bases all over the place, it doesn't have to. It's a choice it's making to escalate to a new Cold War. Gorbachev made a huge step toward the west for peace, but the USA shat all over it.

In Georgia, revolutionary Saakashvili assaulted Abkhazia and South Ossetia and in Ukraine donbass was hit by massive air strikes until planes began falling.

Falling value of Ruble actually benefits Russia in some ways, not least because it means oil can still be profitable, and sanctions have forced Russian diversification of economic growth.

Also just say Russia splits up, how would the world cope with nuclear Chechnya with ramzan in charge? It'd be North Korea on steroids!

what collateral damage? are you aware of the fact that Assad is also bombing his own people? the rebels don't own helicopters and Assad and his FSA been bombing his own people for a long time now. I have read this in a newspaper and i have met people from Syria who told me that too. So its not propaganda. Russia is also supporting genocide. Why not let Syria have a clear election and let the Syrians decide whom they want instead of the faux election that takes place every 6 years so?

How about this?

The Violations Documentation Center, a Syrian civil monitoring organization, documented that the bombing campaign killed more than 440 civilians, including more than 90 children. Airstrikes often appeared to be recklessly indiscriminate, deliberately targeted at least one medical facility, and included the use of indiscriminate weapons such as cluster munitions and incendiary weapons. Satellite imagery that Human Rights Watch analyzed shows more than 950 new distinct impact sites consistent with the detonation of large high explosive bombs across the area during the month.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2016/12/01/russia/syria-war-crimes-month-bombing-aleppo

But but but it hasn't been reported on RT, Fake news right?

Putins war-crimes are well documented. Shame it never gets the coverage it deserves cause RT is so authentic according to so many here.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2000/mar/05/russia.chechnya

This is not collateral damage, this is genocide. Deliberately killing innocents is genocide.

"The village of Katyr Yurt, 'safe' in the Russian-occupied zone, far from the war's front line, and jam-packed with refugees, was untouched on the morning of 4 February when Russian aircraft, helicopters, fuel-air bombs and Grad missiles pulverised the village. They paused in the bombing at 3pm, shipped buses in, and allowed a white-flag convoy to leave - and then they bombed that as well, killing Taisa's family and many others"

There are many others but what's the point, you have made up your mind about west bad, russia good.

The point i was making about RUB was fully missed. Nation building is expensive, you can only afford to be US and get away with 100T worth deficit, you cannot get away being Russia. The Russian economy does not have the resources to do it. The Russians should have learned their lesson in Afghanistan.

You are a better poster than this, but i think p35 is getting to you :D

Last edited:
First I will say I don't enjoy defending brutality, but you must understand the situation. Those rebels in Aleppo were mostly al-Qaeda terrorists, who didn't allow civilians to flee, faked scenes for the media etc. same photographer who photographed fake dusty boy, was also taking selfies with child decapitating rebels. You say Assad bombed heavily in al-Qaeda occupied territories, not nice but he is desperately trying to win, against a very determined and brutal enemy. Have you not seen the videos of the rebels blasting propane cylinders full of explodes into government controlled suburbs, they don't give a damn either, and how can u take the UNHCR seriously when the Saudis who are really starving and bombing civilians in Yemen are the head. Lol. Hmm ? How about the attack where the moderate rebels lured the children out of buses that were being evacuated with snack foods then blew up approx 80 children and 30 adults. (Killed)This happened shortly after khan sheikoun, but received a fraction of the attention.
If the Australian jihadist don't get killed in Syria they will come back to either do more attacks here or spread the ideology.
War is nasty nasty s**t, so why add fuel to the fire by funding crazies? What I don't get is why these people are stupid to be geopolitical pawns for USA ... it brings disaster upon themselves.
You are right that Russia can't afford it, but really who can? It's super messed up how many resources go into war, that could go into transforming our society for the better, for example improving energy production, cleaning up the oceans, space travel, ending poverty etc.

I wasnt talking about Assad bombing Al Queda, he was deliberately bombing his own people. Barrel bombs have no guidance at all. They are just barrels filled with volatile materials and shrapnel. They spin randomly as they drop and are unlikely to be used to score a direct hit on anything in particular. Properly designed bombs, even those used for seemingly indiscriminate carpet bombings and the like, will usually have tailfins or some other type of rudimentary guidance/scatter mitigation ability, decreasing the chance of them going so far off target. Barrel bombs are used against densely populated areas as weapons of terror, not to perform surgical strikes on isolated military installations or unmarked rebel buildings.

There is an Aljazeera video where Assads bloke (not forged, as Assad didnt deny, this time like usual) was dropping barrel bombs. It was NOT rebel targets. If it was rebel targets why would Assad continually deny using barrel bombs?

I agree its super messed but the only country who can afford to nation build is the US cause they CAN run massive deficits and get away with it, the only country in the world. Do you think Russia can run trillions of dollars worth deficit without collapsing their currency. Even China can't. I agree, its not really "nation building" you know it, i know, but all about self interest. But honestly if China and Russia did it, it would be the same as US if not worse.

Russian invasion of Crimea is not really a genocide but they did target civilians on several occassions. I find it a bit rich that the US get blamed for deliberately targeting civilians in Iraq and Syria but when the shoe is the other foot its collateral damage? deliberately target innocents is wrong. I was simply reply why i called Putin genocidal. You cannot deny the influence Russia has through proxies in the CIS region. It might not be direct influence, but proxies are bad enough.

Last edited:
I wasnt talking about Assad bombing Al Queda, he was deliberately bombing his own people. Barrel bombs have no guidance at all. They are just barrels filled with volatile materials and shrapnel. They spin randomly as they drop and are unlikely to be used to score a direct hit on anything in particular. Properly designed bombs, even those used for seemingly indiscriminate carpet bombings and the like, will usually have tailfins or some other type of rudimentary guidance/scatter mitigation ability, decreasing the chance of them going so far off target. Barrel bombs are used against densely populated areas as weapons of terror, not to perform surgical strikes on isolated military installations or unmarked rebel buildings.

There is an Aljazeera video where FSA bloke (not forged, as Assad didnt deny, this time like usual) was dropping barrel bombs. It was NOT rebel targets. If it was rebel targets why would Assad continually deny using barrel bombs?

I agree its super messed but the only country who can afford to nation build is the US cause they CAN run massive deficits and get away with it, the only country in the world. Do you think Russia can run trillions of dollars worth deficit without collapsing their currency. Even China can't. I agree, its not really "nation building" you know it, i know, but all about self interest. But honestly if China and Russia did it, it would be the same as US if not worse.

Russian invasion of Crimea is not really a genocide but they did target civilians on several occassions. I find it a bit rich that the US get blamed for deliberately targeting civilians in Iraq and Syria but when the shoe is the other foot its collateral damage? deliberately target innocents is wrong. I was simply reply why i called Putin genocidal. You cannot deny the influence Russia has through proxies in the CIS region. It might not be direct influence, but proxies are bad enough.
You don't even know who the actors are in the war. FSA barrel bombing? Lol what an expert. Crimea was lost by Ukraine the same way it came to them - without a shot fired.
Assad only used barrel bombs cos not enough money, not for terror! The SAA is made up mostly of Sunni Muslims who would be terrorising thier own families, the they are trying to defeat fanatics using human shields... you will no doubt be happy to know that Russian genuine bombs are being used on these bastards now... with precision. 850 killed in 24 hours a couple of days ago in Hama province as al Qaeda forces broke the ceasefire and tried to capture 30 Russian military police from Chechnya and ingushetia who were monitoring de-escalation in idlib. Local tribesmen committed to the de-escalation came to the Russian soldiers aid, along with SOF and ruaf who pounded them to hell. Thier may have been civilians and us military advisors killed.

You don't even know who the actors are in the war. FSA barrel bombing? Lol what an expert. Crimea was lost by Ukraine the same way it came to them - without a shot fired.
Assad only used barrel bombs cos not enough money, not for terror! The SAA is made up mostly of Sunni Muslims who would be terrorising thier own families, the they are trying to defeat fanatics using human shields... you will no doubt be happy to know that Russian genuine bombs are being used on these bastards now... with precision. 850 killed in 24 hours a couple of days ago in Hama province as al Qaeda forces broke the ceasefire and tried to capture 30 Russian military police from Chechnya and ingushetia who were monitoring de-escalation in idlib. Local tribesmen committed to the de-escalation came to the Russian soldiers aid, along with SOF and ruaf who pounded them to hell. Thier may have been civilians and us military advisors killed.
Assad used barrel bombs because not enough cash? For some reason, I don't think you'd allow such a weak justification for gross violations of human rights if it was the US.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assad only used barrel bombs cos not enough money, not for terror!

Right! cause barrel bombs are dropped on residents to give them pleasure? you are starting to sound like an Assad apologist now. If Assad is not using the bombs for terror why is he denying it? they have dropped over 13,000 barrel bombs on his own people. Please dont support brutality, you condemn US for doing the same but Assad has dropped over 10k bombs majority have targeted civilian areas, according to Syrian human rights watch (yes fake news right?)

https://www.pri.org/stories/2014-02-04/what-are-barrel-bombs-and-why-syrian-military-using-them

“Government forces have really been wreaking disaster on Aleppo in the last month, killing men, women, and children alike,” said Ole Solvang, senior emergencies researcher at Human Rights Watch. “The Syrian Air Force is either criminally incompetent, doesn’t care whether it kills scores of civilians — or deliberately targets civilian areas.”

On occasion, Syrian rebels have managed to bring down government aircraft with shoulder-fired anti-aircraft missiles. That has prompted Syrian helicopters to drop their explosive barrels from altitudes of near 7,000 feet, according to Richard Lloyd, who's written a detailed post about Syrian barrel bombs at the Brown Moses Blog. From that height, the weapon becomes an arbitrary killer, especially when dropped on cities with a civilian population.

"The main objective of the Syrian barrel bomb program is to provide cheap and lethal damage on urban areas in Syria," Lloyd explained in the post.

First Assad denied dropping barrel bombs, then admitted he did but denied he is targeting residents! come on, he is a sick bastard! you can clearly see through him

You have the reality so p35, why dont you answer: why did Assad deny he was barrel bombing, despite his own deputy admitting in Geneva he was barrel bombing but not the civilians? there are videos available online about his helicopters droping scores of barrel bombs on civilian targets. Barrel bombs are not used for military targets educate yourself. Its a deliberate ploy to terrorise citizens to turn them against rebels.

We are often told by Assad apologis that these "barrel bombs" are merely for rebels and not for civilians. However, as the bodies of civilians continue to add up, with no apparent decrease, it is compulsory for them to start reflecting. Even if we were to grant validity to the notion that the extreme collateral damage produced by the terrorist regime of Assad and its allies as mere "errors" we can no longer justify that such a reason is sound. A moral person inherently desires good for all mankind, but if one's intentions systematically gives barbaric outcome, then they must draw to a close the impotence of their barbaric practice and doubt the authenticity of their own integrity.

Right! cause barrel bombs are dropped on residents to give them pleasure? you are starting to sound like an Assad apologist now. If Assad is not using the bombs for terror why is he denying it? they have dropped over 13,000 barrel bombs on his own people. Please dont support brutality, you condemn US for doing the same but Assad has dropped over 10k bombs majority have targeted civilian areas, according to Syrian human rights watch (yes fake news right?)

https://www.pri.org/stories/2014-02-04/what-are-barrel-bombs-and-why-syrian-military-using-them

“Government forces have really been wreaking disaster on Aleppo in the last month, killing men, women, and children alike,” said Ole Solvang, senior emergencies researcher at Human Rights Watch. “The Syrian Air Force is either criminally incompetent, doesn’t care whether it kills scores of civilians — or deliberately targets civilian areas.”

On occasion, Syrian rebels have managed to bring down government aircraft with shoulder-fired anti-aircraft missiles. That has prompted Syrian helicopters to drop their explosive barrels from altitudes of near 7,000 feet, according to Richard Lloyd, who's written a detailed post about Syrian barrel bombs at the Brown Moses Blog. From that height, the weapon becomes an arbitrary killer, especially when dropped on cities with a civilian population.

"The main objective of the Syrian barrel bomb program is to provide cheap and lethal damage on urban areas in Syria," Lloyd explained in the post.

First Assad denied dropping barrel bombs, then admitted he did but denied he is targeting residents! come on, he is a sick bastard! you can clearly see through him
Like I said, as noted, in that propaganda
Assad used barrel bombs because not enough cash? For some reason, I don't think you'd allow such a weak justification for gross violations of human rights if it was the US.
Do you think Assad gets off on the thought of dead kids? I hope not.
It was cheap, not for fun, should he have given up ? If he had lost things would have been much bloodier than they already were/are, especially for minorities. Like I said, Russian bombs are much more accurate. They publish lots of thier actions.
The us punished Fallujah by using depleted uranium munitions on it, something that will have effects for generations. In a game of whataboutery the USA has always done more, they nuked whole cities ffs!

Anyhow it's up to us to understand and resolve our own mistakes and for them to understand theirs. Intervention like world police or funding revolution or aiding crackdowns depending what suits balance of power is not compatible with morals
We are often told by Assad apologis that these "barrel bombs" are merely for rebels and not for civilians. However, as the bodies of civilians continue to add up, with no apparent decrease, it is compulsory for them to start reflecting. Even if we were to grant validity to the notion that the extreme collateral damage produced by the terrorist regime of Assad and its allies as mere "errors" we can no longer justify that such a reason is sound. A moral person inherently desires good for all mankind, but if one's intentions systematically gives barbaric outcome, then they must draw to a close the impotence of their barbaric practice and doubt the authenticity of their own integrity.
All this defence of the USA, and the wahabbi jihadists and mercenaries is insane! Syria as a nation has the right to defend itself against invasion by hostile neighbours! If you view the maps of war, it's easy to see the terrorists came through Turkey and Jordan, and have stronghold on the border with Israel. They were being pumped up with billions of dollars worth of advanced arms and aid from western nations and allies. If the USA was funding Indonesia to send terrorists into Australia to take large swathes of territory , loot assets and bring them back to Indonesia, stealing and destroying ancient historical artifactskilling hundreds in major cities by car bombs and tunnel bombs. Kidnapping and holding many hostages, beheading children and broadcasting it, if this was happening to us if barrel bombs were all we had we would use them too. This is what we have done and allowed to be done to the Syrian people. It'll take ww3 in defence of terrorist wahabbi to stop Russian Iran and Syrian victory now. Either way your darling suicide bomb crew is kaput.

Actually....What makes me laugh from these past 15 years of 'Terrorist' propaganda. Is how not one single 'terrorist' has attacked Israel in all those years....The avowed single common enemy of nearly all Arab States.

More than this....It's well known that many of the injured 'terrorists' from ISIS, ISIL, Al Qaeda & Al Nusra, have all been getting first class medical treatment & hospital treatment in Israel itself.

Nuff said.

Like I said, as noted, in that propaganda

Do you think Assad gets off on the thought of dead kids? I hope not.
It was cheap, not for fun, should he have given up ? If he had lost things would have been much bloodier than they already were/are, especially for minorities. Like I said, Russian bombs are much more accurate. They publish lots of thier actions.
The us punished Fallujah by using depleted uranium munitions on it, something that will have effects for generations. In a game of whataboutery the USA has always done more, they nuked whole cities ffs!

Anyhow it's up to us to understand and resolve our own mistakes and for them to understand theirs. Intervention like world police or funding revolution or aiding crackdowns depending what suits balance of power is not compatible with morals

All this defence of the USA, and the wahabbi jihadists and mercenaries is insane! Syria as a nation has the right to defend itself against invasion by hostile neighbours! If you view the maps of war, it's easy to see the terrorists came through Turkey and Jordan, and have stronghold on the border with Israel. They were being pumped up with billions of dollars worth of advanced arms and aid from western nations and allies. If the USA was funding Indonesia to send terrorists into Australia to take large swathes of territory , loot assets and bring them back to Indonesia, stealing and destroying ancient historical artifactskilling hundreds in major cities by car bombs and tunnel bombs. Kidnapping and holding many hostages, beheading children and broadcasting it, if this was happening to us if barrel bombs were all we had we would use them too. This is what we have done and allowed to be done to the Syrian people. It'll take ww3 in defence of terrorist wahabbi to stop Russian Iran and Syrian victory now. Either way your darling suicide bomb crew is kaput.
No one is defending the US's shitty behaviour; you, however, are defending Syria's shitty behaviour.

No one is defending the US's shitty behaviour; you, however, are defending Syria's shitty behaviour.
But without USA shitty behaviour, none of these things even happen or at least much much less, USA is leading nation of the world right? Well then should have decent ethics, to justify position of leadership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back