Training The Thread Formerly Known As The Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

and he can go to a Team Stupid enough to give him that Much
Either that, or stay with a team stupid enough to give him that much.....

We should stop talking about it. No team will value him that high, it's straight out ridiculous.

Firm no for mine for 3 talls. Apart from the fact that it is slow and weak on defensive pressure... they’d cancel each other out and also reduce our ability to isolate de Goey, Stephenson or Elliot in the square. Reducing our xfactor and making us more predictable inside 50.

Mihocek and Cox/Reid is enough... with the marking and prowess of Stephenson, Elliot and De Goey

If one of the talls goes down (hello Reid) if need be rotate then Grundy down there or bring Moore up front and play smaller down back (depending on opponent)

However if missing De Goey and Stephenson... then I think the 3 talls forward line suddenly has more merit

Collingwood
Backs: Jack Crisp, Jordan Roughead, Jeremy Howe
Half-backs: Brayden Maynard, Darcy Moore, John Noble
Centres: Chris Mayne, Scott Pendlebury, Will Hoskin-Elliott
Half-forwards: Steele Sidebottom, Brody Mihocek, Jaidyn Stephenson
Forwards: Jamie Elliott, Mason Cox, Jordan De Goey
Rucks: Brodie Grundy, Taylor Adams, Rupert Wills
Interchange from: Jack Madgen, Josh Daicos, Tom Phillips, Callum Brown, Tyler Brown, Josh Thomas, Mark Keane, Darcy Cameron, Brayden Sier, Jay Rantall, Nathan Murphy, Isaac Quaynor

Looking forward to seeing Sier, Stevo, Murphy and IQ (the brainiac or brains?)

Collingwood
Backs: Jack Crisp, Jordan Roughead, Jeremy Howe
Half-backs: Brayden Maynard, Darcy Moore, John Noble
Centres: Chris Mayne, Scott Pendlebury, Will Hoskin-Elliott
Half-forwards: Steele Sidebottom, Brody Mihocek, Jaidyn Stephenson
Forwards: Jamie Elliott, Mason Cox, Jordan De Goey
Rucks: Brodie Grundy, Taylor Adams, Rupert Wills
Interchange from: Jack Madgen, Josh Daicos, Tom Phillips, Callum Brown, Tyler Brown, Josh Thomas, Mark Keane, Darcy Cameron, Brayden Sier, Jay Rantall, Nathan Murphy, Isaac Quaynor

Looking forward to seeing Sier, Stevo, Murphy and IQ (the brainiac or brains?)
They’ll confirm the team tomorrow night, and I expect them to cut 4 (Murphy, Sier, Quaynor and Rantall) IMO. I could be wrong but that looks most likely

They’ll confirm the team tomorrow night, and I expect them to cut 4 (Murphy, Sier, Quaynor and Rantall) IMO. I could be wrong but that looks most likely
I would have thought Sier, IQ and Murphy needed a run.... drop Thomas, Rantell ( will get VFL time) and Magden (who I rate as a good honest footy player)...

Either that, or stay with a team stupid enough to give him that much.....

We should stop talking about it. No team will value him that high, it's straight out ridiculous.
I don’t really think there is a need to be derogatory about Mason, based on, one posters’ speculation of what Mason might ask for in his next contract. Geez he might ask for a koala as well, let’s deport him.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't worry about the 3 talls thing. Reid will probably get injured before round 1
He has already got the injured before round 1 scenario covered, & it took less than a half of footy in a Marsh series game. Bucks said in his post match presser he was fine, yet he isn’t playing against the saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm no fan of playing 3 talls either. Like I said the ball kept bouncing out of our forward line. Mind you the first 15-20 minutes in that game looked pretty good
As other teams have shown, 3 talls can work. But they make it work because their other forwards get front and centre the vast majority of the time. I personally think we'll be under utilising our strengths and weapons if we turn Elliott, Stephenson and JDG into predominately front and centre forwards, rather than targets that we try to isolate. The thing that'll really improve our forward line is if Elliott, Stephenson, Brown and JDG get better at reading our entries and thus get better at getting to the fall of the ball when we do bomb it to contests involving Cox and Mihocek - or whover plays those roles, but on quick entries, we should be trying to isolate our weapons. It's infuriating to me when we kick it to an isolated Cox and noone gets near the fall of the ball - becasue you know the ball is going to fall the vast majority of the time.

I don’t really think there is a need to be derogatory about Mason, based on, one posters’ speculation of what Mason might ask for in his next contract. Geez he might ask for a koala as well, let’s deport him.:rolleyes:
You might be reading something I didn't write. Maybe go back and have another look.

I’d be surprised if it were 4. It’s a full dress rehearsal ahead of Rd 1 so I can’t see us going with more than 6 on the bench.

I would have thought Sier, IQ and Murphy needed a run.... drop Thomas, Rantell ( will get VFL time) and Magden (who I rate as a good honest footy player)...

VFL practice match tomorrow for those who get cut so they'll get a run either way.

As other teams have shown, 3 talls can work. But they make it work because their other forwards get front and centre the vast majority of the time. I personally think we'll be under utilising our strengths and weapons if we turn Elliott, Stephenson and JDG into predominately front and centre forwards, rather than targets that we try to isolate. The thing that'll really improve our forward line is if Elliott, Stephenson, Brown and JDG get better at reading our entries and thus get better at getting to the fall of the ball when we do bomb it to contests involving Cox and Mihocek - or whover plays those roles, but on quick entries, we should be trying to isolate our weapons. It's infuriating to me when we kick it to an isolated Cox and noone gets near the fall of the ball - becasue you know the ball is going to fall the vast majority of the time.

I think all our forwards need to develop a capacity to do what is required when required. If that's lead up then lead up, if that's get to the fall of the footy then get to the fall of the footy. We saw Elliott play predominantly his normal lead up forward role last week against the Tigas but that he was also able to get front and centre to crumb a Cox palm and kick a goal. I think it's more about chemistry and getting the optimal group on the park together more consistently is the best way to achieve that.

I reckon we can put a big fat line through Ben Reid for round 1. Not training today, must be something really wrong with that ankle.

I reckon we can put a big fat line through Ben Reid for round 1. Not training today, must be something really wrong with that ankle.
Yes unfortunately it found itself attached to Ben Reid.

Elliot, Cox, Degoey
Stevo, Mihocek, Hoskin-Elliot

Bench - Cal Brown, (Thomas/Daicos)

This should be our forward line every game this year. There will be rotations to the wing and on ball for some players.
Thomas and Daicos are the only possibilities for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back