The time honoured annual 2022 AFL Draft prediction competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Bit easier this year. Only 2 picks to worry about.
Your predictions please -

7 - Jhye Clark

58 - James Van Es

Edit - for those wondering about prizes, sometimes in life it’s better just to enjoy the admiration of your peers for 12 months rather than to have a more materialistic reward.

Edit (2) - changed to Clark. Reckon he will fall to us now.

Last edited:

7 - C.MacKenzie

58 - James Van Es

Edit - for those wondering about prizes, sometimes in life it’s better just to enjoy the admiration of your peers for 12 months rather than to have a more materialistic reward.
I would've made it... Pick 4 players. Get's people really thinking about our plan A and B options.

7 - C.MacKenzie

58 - James Van Es

Having Bigfooty posters described as my peers is both accurate and deeply confronting.

Update.....

It now seems Clark will get thru to us .... and after getting another small with the irishman ... I think if we do not go tall to some degre late then we have really been drinking the yippee juice

So ...

Id say

Clark at P8

Jovan Petric at P50plus

It early ..... ( if its good enough for cal twomey to drop his phantom as the Gill is clearing his throat before calling P1 ... then ..... )

but really where is the fun in that.... so lets rock and roll. Now taking into account most think we should draft a tall..I'm expecting geelong to totally disregard that... and then pull a name from somewhere in the rookie. ( do we have any rookie spots left if we take Chlosey and Riccardi)
I think they go tall next year.. This year I'm predicting we continue on and drown our list with more mid sized power goal kickers.

P8

Bailey Humphrey

The most concerning thing for any picks going into a good list is .how they can seperate themselves from so many other on the list. This kid has that difference

Screen Shot 2022-11-20 at 8.31.37 pm.png

P50 whatever ....

Toby McMullin

Ticks a few boxes and leaves other unticked. Son of an ex player ...geelong like their genetic makers . Tick. Top10 in Running Vertical, Agility and 20M.

Screen Shot 2022-11-20 at 8.26.08 pm.png

Last edited:
Pick 7 - Cam Mackenzie: Said it a few times, just feels so Wells to me.

Smokey: Ed Allan.

Pick 58 - Former lacrosse player from the Brunswick 3rds who will almost certainly then go on to play 200 games.

In all seriousness....Ethan Phillips.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Main Draft
7 - Cam MacKenzie
58 - Jed Adams

Rookie Draft
P1 Jed Hagan (slider)
P2 Oliver Northam
P3 Osca Riccardi

Clohesy to make it through to the cat B rookie list along with Oisin Mullin coming over.

Edit: Changed pick 7 from Humphrey to MacKenzie after some more consideration and the strong GC links.

Last edited:
Pick 7 - Cam Mackenzie: Said it a few times, just feels so Wells to me.

Smokey: Ed Allan.

Pick 58 - Former lacrosse player from the Brunswick 3rds who will almost certainly then go on to play 200 games.

In all seriousness....Ethan Phillips.
I’m with you on McKenzie being a wells pick.
We love players tied to academy’s, this time we could get the player we’re after without them being able to match

Trading out pick 8 gets me the meat tray by the looks of it.
Food Eat GIF by Terra Vegane EU

Remove this Banner Ad

Back