List Mgmt. The too early Jackson Edwards 2017 Draft Plan

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Should the AFL allow father sons to be drafted one year earlier in a rookie spot, they aren't allowed to play but they can get involved in the club and of course train and do pre seasons.

Given we are talking about a very very small sample here, I dont see a major problem. I presume a rookie spot is outside the salary cap?

Be interesting to see what type of mid gets priority. Wonder if the SPP reaction will have inside mids with lower grade disposal quality getting rated higher this year.

I am having a little chuckle at all the SPP fanboying I'm seeing.

Has no-one learnt from the D. Rich, O. Wines years? SPP is a good player, but he is at peak now. He scope for development is limited.
W. Hayward on the other hand...

I am having a little chuckle at all the SPP fanboying I'm seeing.

Has no-one learnt from the D. Rich, O. Wines years? SPP is a good player, but he is at peak now. He scope for development is limited.
W. Hayward on the other hand...

I'm a big fan of Galluccis, but I also was a massive fan of SPP. The thing with SPP I think for me is that he was ready to go and actually filled an immediate need, whereas Galluci will likely take two to three years before he's genuinely comfortable at the level.

I'm a big fan of Galluccis, but I also was a massive fan of SPP. The thing with SPP I think for me is that he was ready to go and actually filled an immediate need, whereas Galluci will likely take two to three years before he's genuinely comfortable at the level.
I'd rather a bottle of Penfolds Grange over a cask of Spatlese Lexia.

This is exactly what I was saying a month out from the draft, our Premiership tilt is open right now we needed a mid ready to go, not one to develop over 3 years. I was mighty pissed we didn't pick SPP and absolutely filthy the mob down the road nabbed him.

The keen draft/U18 watchers on this board all preferred SPP, Will Hayward and Jarrod Berry over Gullucci, and all three players will have something in common over Gullucci after this weekend's matches.....all will all have debuted at AFL level before Gullucci with Berry named for Brisbane on the weekend after overcoming minor knee surgery late in the pre-season and impressing last week in Brisbane's win over the Swans in the NEAFL.

The keen draft/U18 watchers on this board all preferred SPP, Will Hayward and Jarrod Berry over Gullucci, and all three players will have something in common over Gullucci after this weekend's matches.....all will all have debuted at AFL level before Gullucci with Berry named for Brisbane on the weekend after overcoming minor knee surgery late in the pre-season and impressing last week in Brisbane's win over the Swans in the NEAFL.

Going to watch Alex Martini for the bays tonight, this years draft pool, he has managed to get a gig for the SANFL team, Jackson hasnt been given a run yet, Martini is good, also getting a run will be Walker and sharendberg from last year, up against Port so will pit themselves hopefully against some AFL listed players

C'mon now mate. Making a debut for Brisbane and for Adelaide are two totally different things. Do you think that Gallucci would not be making a debut for Brisbane if he was on their list?

Sometimes I wonder if people are being genuine or just taking the piss. I am sure Barry will be a very good player for Brisbane but Brisbane and Adelaide are on two completely opposite sides of where each team is at. Adelaide is hoping to contend for a premiership and a top 4 finish at the end of the minor round. Brisbane is about developing young players and getting games into them. Generally players find it tougher to get into top 4 teams than they do in bottom 4 teams. It is just a fact of life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C'mon now mate. Making a debut for Brisbane and for Adelaide are two totally different things. Do you think that Gallucci would not be making a debut for Brisbane if he was on their list?

Sometimes I wonder if people are being genuine or just taking the piss. I am sure Barry will be a very good player for Brisbane but Brisbane and Adelaide are on two completely opposite sides of where each team is at. Adelaide is hoping to contend for a premiership and a top 4 finish at the end of the minor round. Brisbane is about developing young players and getting games into them. Generally players find it tougher to get into top 4 teams than they do in bottom 4 teams. It is just a fact of life.

I agree good teams are very difficult to break into like Burton did with hawthorn last year, But give credit where it is due Berry has obviously impressed to get a gig, galluci is yet to but the SANFL only starts this week so we may see in the coming weeks something that impresses

Yeah, well on the flipside I'd say a midfield of Dayne Beams, Tom Rockliff, Dayne Zorko, Daniel Rich, Mitch Robinson, Ryan Bastinac, Rhys Mathieson etc stacks up pretty well if we're talking midfield.

And one thing I'm absolutely certain of Jarrod Berry>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jake Kelly across half back by that far it's not funny so yes I believe Berry would have played this year for Adelaide.

Lance Picioane debuted rd 1 with the reigning premiers.
Sloane didn't play his first year.

Peter Vardy didn't play for 3 years

Lance Picioane debuted rd 1 with the reigning premiers.
Sloane didn't play his first year.

Peter Vardy didn't play for 3 years
And your point is??

And how many of the named players were 1st round draft picks?

And by the way Sloane did play in his 1st year..

I agree good teams are very difficult to break into like Burton did with hawthorn last year, But give credit where it is due Berry has obviously impressed to get a gig, galluci is yet to but the SANFL only starts this week so we may see in the coming weeks something that impresses
And Hawthorn has struggled for talls for a long time now so they are going to blood anyone that can play.

Nothing against Barry. I like the kid and he will be a very good AFL player but comparing debuts for a clubs aspiring to get a premiership to the one that is at a very different end of the development curve is drawing a very long bow.

Yeah, well on the flipside I'd say a midfield of Dayne Beams, Tom Rockliff, Dayne Zorko, Daniel Rich, Mitch Robinson, Ryan Bastinac, Rhys Mathieson etc stacks up pretty well if we're talking midfield.

And one thing I'm absolutely certain of Jarrod Berry>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jake Kelly across half back by that far it's not funny so yes I believe Berry would have played this year for Adelaide.
Except Berry is going to be playing across half back and not in the midfield.

I agree on your last point but we were clearly after a quick midfielder and did not see Berry as one.

And your point is??

And how many of the named players were 1st round draft picks?

And by the way Sloane did play in his 1st year..
Picioane was.
The point was that when they debut is leds important than their overall career

And Hawthorn has struggled for talls for a long time now so they are going to blood anyone that can play.

Nothing against Barry. I like the kid and he will be a very good AFL player but comparing debuts for a clubs aspiring to get a premiership to the one that is at a very different end of the development curve is drawing a very long bow.

Hawthorn finished 3rd, where did we finish?

Except Berry is going to be playing across half back and not in the midfield.

I agree on your last point but we were clearly after a quick midfielder and did not see Berry as one.
Berry was recruited by Brisbane as a midfielder which their coach Chris Fagan stated immediately after the National Draft...I'll find the link if you want.

Here you go...

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2016/12/17/chris-fagan-we-d-have-picked-mccluggage-at-number-one/

Fagan also touched on the progress of three of the club’s other draftees - Jarrod Berry, Frederick Cox and Alex Witherden.

“Jarrod Berry, he’s running machine, a big-bodied midfielder and with great leadership qualities – he’s impressed already,” the Brisbane coach said.

Berry was recruited by Brisbane as a midfielder which their coach Chris Fagan stated immediately after the National Draft...I'll find the link if you want.

Here you go...

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2016/12/17/chris-fagan-we-d-have-picked-mccluggage-at-number-one/

Fagan also touched on the progress of three of the club’s other draftees - Jarrod Berry, Frederick Cox and Alex Witherden.

“Jarrod Berry, he’s running machine, a big-bodied midfielder and with great leadership qualities – he’s impressed already,” the Brisbane coach said.
Lets see where he plays this year. Shall we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back