The USA Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re-watching The Last Dance and it's still crazy to me that Krause wanted to blow the whole thing up at like every opportunity. Also unbelievable that Reinsdorf let him.

Like if I'm Reinsdorf and Krause comes to me and is like this is gonna be Phil Jacksons last season and the GOAT has said he wont play under another coach. So I'm gonna get rid of the best coach in the league and the best player cos I wanna rebuild even though we are winning and the best team in the world.

I'd be like bro. You're fired.

Such a bizarre thing to have happened and it would never happen in today's NBA.

I know a lot has been said about Krause and he's painted fairly poorly in the documentary and if you see the other side of it, apparently he was a lovely and kind man. Whatever the truth was about any or all of that. His decisions to blow the team up were ******* bizarre.

They probably could’ve squeezed out 1 more championship with that team.
Particularly cos 99 was a lock out year so the old squad would have gotten extra rest. 50 game regular season. The 8th seeded Knicks came out of the East and it was a young Tim Duncan and the Spurs in the West. Jordan and the Bulls easily win another chip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back