Sinclair
Ramsay
Wills
Sier
Crocker
Smith
Schade
Mackie

That's 16 players I am confident no other AFL club would have any interest in.
Agreed but I'd argue that's a result of poor development - every player apart from Dunn and Blair (they're at the end of their careers) has potential to improve in varying degrees

I'd also argue that Kirby, Wills, Ramsay, Sinclair, Schade, Mackie, Crocker, Phillips would attract varying degrees of interest from opposition clubs.

I'd also add Wells to your list purely because of his age and injury problems, yet when on the park is priceless - but no one would want him for obvious reasons.

Every club has players of the list you've made - we have more than others, why? Because of shitty development! I challenge you to prove beyond doubt that these players cannot improve to afl level as you say

Agreed but I'd argue that's a result of poor development - every player apart from Dunn and Blair (they're at the end of their careers) has potential to improve in varying degrees

I'd also argue that Kirby, Wills, Ramsay, Sinclair, Schade, Mackie, Crocker, Phillips would attract varying degrees of interest from opposition clubs.

I'd also add Wells to your list purely because of his age and injury problems, yet when on the park is priceless - but no one would want him for obvious reasons.

Every club has players of the list you've made - we have more than others, why? Because of shitty development! I challenge you to prove beyond doubt that these players cannot improve to afl level as you say
I think greenwood, Thomas and Smith would make a list on another club, weather on main or rookie

Greenwood has trade currency. I would think GC would love a tough, hard inside mid to help support Swallow and their young midfield.

True that forgot to add those guys in
I don't get that list that was put up. No one has a list of 40 elite players.
Or even a whole team. You need 30-35 players that can play afl but not all of them A grade quality, there are always role players

Actually gws, a team of champions but not a champion team
And that's their problem, they rarely play as a team, but a collection of very talented players, that relies on that talent.
But if they ever get a hard edge to themselves and play as one, goodness help the comp.

And that's their problem, they rarely play as a team, but a collection of very talented players, that relies on that talent.
But if they ever get a hard edge to themselves and play as one, goodness help the comp.
And that's why I wouldn't mind if they won it, it's moot and as much as admitted so by HQ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting interview on fox from the MVP tonight. Facial expression and comments from goldy and lynch ...again interesting. I'd suggest Lynch wants out, or is seriously considering his future at GCS. Perhaps he is waiting for the new coach to be appointed? I can dream and certainly a tad delusional, but there were moments that appeared like we might be a show here!

As the AFL own GCS I dont think they will allow Tom Lynch to leave as that will be an admision that the GCS is a fail in their expansion plans. If they let him go elsewhere that would be a full stop on the plan to create a club on the Gold Coast. If that happens then the following year or two they will be either looking to move the club or merging it.

As the AFL own GCS I dont think they will allow Tom Lynch to leave as that will be an admision that the GCS is a fail in their expansion plans. If they let him go elsewhere that would be a full stop on the plan to create a club on the Gold Coast. If that happens then the following year or two they will be either looking to move the club or merging it.
If he truely wants out, they will let him go, but l am not convinced yet that he does yet.

Pick 6 + Sidebottom or Pendlebury + fringe youth will be required for Lynch.
It's the fringe youth player that is most worrisome, as the announced 22 under 22 highlights what youth we have we need to keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back