List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Geelong board:

If he wants the full AFL experience then he will stay in Victoria, this is where he can forge a name for himself, its where AFL is lived and breathed not only by the public but the media, go back to Perth and he will just be another dot in the AFL landscape and will be forgotten about when he retires much like a lot of the past West Coast players, yes he has a family, yes he has children but children are portable and you also have make the most of your career, stay at Geelong champ.

Haha this is how you get when you don’t venture out.

Bolton has won his second Sandover. I am cut of from the WAFL - is he being looked at asa possible draftee?
Bolton has been dominant for the passed 3 years. He supposedly has a bit of figjam to him but from what I hear around Claremont, he has matured. Keys Monocle and I caught up at the EP Claremont game and he stood out against our lads. A class above our WAFL midfielders and this is a sustained body of work, not just a month or so.

Bolton or Schloithe would deliver immediately and well worth a spot as a rookie. Let’s face it, our recent Rookie draftees in Gorter, Burrows and Olango have not been much value! I recall Monocle calling for Bolton very early but I suspect BOND 007 and Co have already firmly made up their mind. Pity as 20 to 25 year olds are still changing and maturing.

Last edited:

Tom Morris said On the Couch last night that the Eagles might be involved in a three way trade for Hannebery where we give up our second rounder to the Saints for Hickey and they ontrade that to Sydney for Hanners. Bloke is wrong 90% of the time and is a dick so who knows.

Kelly has told Geelong he will go home after the two year contract is up . Eagles and Dockers both keen this trade period , Dockers offering more but Kelly would go to the Eagles on less money ....

Really sounds like it's up to Geelong what there preference is .

Kelly is happy to stay the second year at Geelong but will then return home .

Tom Morris said On the Couch last night that the Eagles might be involved in a three way trade for Hannebery where we give up our second rounder to the Saints for Hickey and they ontrade that to Sydney for Hanners. Bloke is wrong 90% of the time and is a dick so who knows.

Nah no way we will be trading our first pick in the draft for an average ruckman...

Bolton has been dominant for the passed 3 years. He supposedly has a bit of figjam to him but from what I hear around Claremont, he has matured. Keys Monocle and I caught up at the EP Claremont game and he stood out against our lads. A class above our WAFL midfielders and this is a sustained body of work, not just a month or so.

Bolton or Schloithe would deliver immediately and well worth a spot as a rookie. Let’s face it, our recent Rookie draftees in Gorter, Burrows and Olango have not been much value! I recall Monocle calling for Bolton very early but I suspect BOND 007 and Co have already firmly made up their mind. Pity as 20 to 25 year olds are still changing and maturing.
Thanks. I will keep an eye on him as we get to the business end of drafting

If you replace hickey with acres then its fine

So we start with picks 20, 35, 69 and 71.

Gaff leaves as FA -> we receive pick #18.
Lycett leaves as FA -> we receive pick #20.

So bearing in mind FA compos will push all the picks back 3-4 spots, so let's say we roughly have picks 22, 24, 25, 35, 69 and 71.

We then offer 2019 R1 + Pick 35 for Tim Kelly.
We then offer #22 for Lobb.

So in effect: we swap Gaff and Lycett for Lobb and Kelly, and have our 2019 first downgraded to a 2018 second, and lose pick 35. But that's the cost of trading losing two uncontracted players for two contracted players. It hurts, but it means we don't lose too much immediate impact going into next year.

Take picks #24, #25, #69 and #71 to the draft.

I haven't bothered researching this years crop but do any of these lads have an outside game? Think Simmo is building midfield around good kicking and great link up work. Our Priddis replacement has a huge tank and has effectively playing Gaff's role atm and our best contested player is also a very good outside player as well.
Are you suggesting Sheed has a huge tank? Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you suggesting Sheed has a huge tank? Lol
Yeah but has an uncontested game and is a decent user of the ball in space. That’s said, he won’t have a long future unless he improves his tank.

So bearing in mind FA compos will push all the picks back 3-4 spots, so let's say we roughly have picks 22, 24, 25, 35, 69 and 71.

So in effect: we swap Gaff and Lycett for Lobb and Kelly, and have our 2019 first downgraded to a 2018 second, and lose pick 35. But that's the cost of trading losing two uncontracted players for two contracted players. It hurts, but it means we don't lose too much immediate impact going into next year.

Obeanie1 hack your account?

Ahaha would be funny to see Freo recruit a bloke who intentionally hit a bloke in the back of the head. Oh the irony.
I agree ross will have to watch out for conca's hits 100m off the ball now
But seriously seeing freo play they are burnt hair and dog s**t ! Conca and lobb will make them better . Maybe not if they lose neale

Well he should be looked at ( would have been a very handy acquisition to our midfield the last two years ) I watched him when Claremont played East Perth and he singlehandedly ripped the EP midfield a new a-hole and made them look second rate little league players.
Picked up from memory 30 something possessions and he was being tagged by Brayshaw.

He messed up by not applying himself and had a poor attitude when he was on Collingwood's list and he still seems to be wearing the stigma of that immaturity.
What kind of player is he? Is he a one-paced accumulator or does he have more tricks than that?

That would be a shitty deal for us, surely.

We'd lose on both of those trades :(

That would be acceptable to us but I doubt Geelong or GWS would like it. Kelly and Lobb are both contracted and clearly best 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back