List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What kind of player is he? Is he a one-paced accumulator or does he have more tricks than that?

Inside / outside midfielder .
Damaging on the inside and has a kick to hand pass ratio of 2:1.
But also finds the ball in space on the outside. Massive tank on him.
Averages 30 possessions per game and kick a goal every second game.
Good tackler but given his inside dominance in the WAFL he is usually the one being tackled as he gets first use of the ball.
Decent enough pace with out being a speedster.

Playing style ( not ability ) similar to Sydney’s Josh Kennedy.

He is 187 cm and 84 kg.
That’s Jackson Nelson’s size.

Bolton is plug in ready to got at AFL , in fact he has already played AFL for Collingwood .
He is hard at the contest and plays a physical game , does well in the hard ball gets category.
Also a very consistent performer.

Hope that helps.

We'd lose on both of those trades :(

I think Kelly/Lobb is a slight downgrade on Gaff/Lycett sure but they are like for like and it allows us to go into next year not too worse off.

That would be acceptable to us but I doubt Geelong or GWS would like it. Kelly and Lobb are both contracted and clearly best 22.

Yeah, both seem like slight unders. Kelly might cost 2019R1 + 25 this year (so effectively 15 and 25) which is a pretty good offer.

I'm not sure what the Giants will want for Lobb. I actually think he may end up at Fremantle anyway.

Inside / outside midfielder .
Damaging on the inside and has a kick to hand pass ratio of 2:1.
But also finds the ball in space on the outside. Massive tank on him.
Averages 30 possessions per game and kick a goal every second game.
Good tackler but given his inside dominance in the WAFL he is usually the one being tackled as he gets first use of the ball.
Decent enough pace with out being a speedster.

Playing style ( not ability ) similar to Sydney’s Josh Kennedy.

He is 187 cm and 84 kg.
That’s Jackson Nelson’s size.

Bolton is plug in ready to got at AFL , in fact he has already played AFL for Collingwood .
He is hard at the contest and plays a physical game , does well in the hard ball gets category.
Also a very consistent performer.

Hope that helps.
Would you consider him an upgrade on Hutchings?

Would you consider him an upgrade on Hutchings?

As a general midfielder, yes I would and by a long margin. He has a much more complete skill set and much crisper disposal by both foot and hand.
Bolton’s a smart player who thinks his way through contests and situations.
Bolton would be an upgrade on all of Partington, Ainsworth and Brayshaw.

That said Hutchings has morphed into a wonderful shut down player and while he continues to successfully play that role , he is a keeper.

Yeah, both seem like slight unders. Kelly might cost 2019R1 + 25 this year (so effectively 15 and 25) which is a pretty good offer.

I disagree that Kelly is worth that much. 2019 1st should be more than enough. We got Redden and Wellingham for late first rounders and they had more AFL runs on the board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then we wait a year.
Match Gaff and trade him next year not this year.

There are other options than overpaying.

Freo should be in the box seat to do a deal with Geelong if Neale leaves. Kelly and first round pick swap.

If Kelly entered the draft again where do you think he would go?

I agree it is obviously overs but we obviously need to do more than just a 2019 first to convince the Cats to hand him over a year early. It comes down to whether you would also offer pick 25/35 in order to get him early to help offset the loss of Gaff. We are pushing the end of our window and so having a team good enough to go around again next year is possibly worth the risk.

I'm not even saying I disagree with what you're saying, but where do you think we would finish next year if we don't replace Gaff and Lycett? I'd go ahead and say probably outside the top four.

Kelly is looking more likely by the day. Personally, I think even with a potential gaff compo pick which could be as high as 25 or so, it won't get it done. If we have to throw in our 2nd rounder too (and perhaps they give us a later 2nd round pick), I say we go for it. He's a ready made gun who is still young. Lets just forfeit this draft and go all in.

Kelly is looking more likely by the day. Personally, I think even with a potential gaff compo pick which could be as high as 25 or so, it won't get it done. If we have to throw in our 2nd rounder too (and perhaps they give us a later 2nd round pick), I say we go for it. He's a ready made gun who is still young. Lets just forfeit this draft and go all in.

This years 2nd rounders are worthless due to Geelongs FS situation.

Thats why next years first is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back