Theories you and your mates have developed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you can't work out how to fix something, soon as you ask someone else to help, you then work out how to fix it.

Or if you lose something, you find it in a really obvious place seconds after asking for help.

8.38 is my time. McGrath's best figures, the number I wore in my best year of footy, and my Mum's lucky number (and mine, too).

8.38 is the number you wore for football? Quite rare I would imagine.

You know how they say women date jerks and leave nice guys in the friend zone, well my belief is that they do this because they're more shallow than we are and have kinky, sexually submissive fantasies that are reinforced by the cocky, loud, arrogant, insensitive nature of the arsehole, but the sensitive, gentlemanly, empathetic, sexual innuendo restricted nature of the nice guy leaves the woman to believe that they would be a lame root, but in actual fact they might not be, so they just keep them as friends. This is hardly an original theory, though.

This one is bordering between a theory and a proven fact.

You know how they say women date jerks and leave nice guys in the friend zone, well my belief is that they do this because they're more shallow than we are and have kinky, sexually submissive fantasies that are reinforced by the cocky, loud, arrogant, insensitive nature of the arsehole, but the sensitive, gentlemanly, empathetic, sexual innuendo restricted nature of the nice guy leaves the woman to believe that they would be a lame root, but in actual fact they might not be, so they just keep them as friends. This is hardly an original theory, though.

there is something insanely sexy about a cocky arrogant man, as there is with bad boys, though these traits do tend to coincide rather nicely...

there is something insanely sexy about a cocky arrogant man, as there is with bad boys, though these traits do tend to coincide rather nicely...

I think it has something to do with women being fake.

Too many companies/organisations are trying way too hard to promote themselves ethnically diverse or inclusive in their advertisements and literature. Have you looked at a University enrollment brochure lately? A white guy, an Asian girl, a Black guy and an indian girl all having a nice friendly chat over a coffee and on the next page a muslim girl and a fairly gay looking guy looking at a laptop (possibly at gay pr0n).

How about in your store catalogues. A family of white people playing Guess Who with a random black guy. You are just trying way to hard. Not everyone thinks your store is racist if you don't have at least one non white person on every page. Give it a rest.

When there's 2 or 3 programmes on at the same time but different channels that you wanna watch, there will always be ad breaks on the other channels when you decide to flick over on the ad break of the programme you're watching.

When there's 2 or 3 programmes on at the same time but different channels that you wanna watch, there will always be ad breaks on the other channels when you decide to flick over on the ad break of the programme you're watching.

That is not a theory. It is an absolute fact. TV stations cannot co-ordinate much between themselves but they definitely make sure that ad breaks are simultaneous.

Too many companies/organisations are trying way too hard to promote themselves ethnically diverse or inclusive in their advertisements and literature. Have you looked at a University enrollment brochure lately? A white guy, an Asian girl, a Black guy and an indian girl all having a nice friendly chat over a coffee and on the next page a muslim girl and a fairly gay looking guy looking at a laptop (possibly at gay pr0n).

How about in your store catalogues. A family of white people playing Guess Who with a random black guy. You are just trying way to hard. Not everyone thinks your store is racist if you don't have at least one non white person on every page. Give it a rest.

Haha this is very true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more important getting somewhere on time is....the more likely you will have a power-outage overnight - or your phone will run out of battery - and no alarm will wake you up.

I haven't read through the 30+ pages, but this is mine

The future generations of wealthy families will all be attractive (and the occasional ugly one will be hidden in the mansion's basement).

8.38 is my time. McGrath's best figures, the number I wore in my best year of footy, and my Mum's lucky number (and mine, too).

Glenn McGrath's best bowling is 8/24 vs Pakistan at Perth 04/05...he took the first 8 wickets before kaspa spoiled the party!

haha, well, i've always counted mcgrath's 8/38 vs the poms at lords in 1997, because i recall reading it in the cricket sticker album circa 97/98, and it's stuck in my mind ever since.

looks perfect on a digital clock.

Excellent thread :thumbsu:

Whenever you turn the t.v on to watch something it's always on the wrong channel.

I have another 'theory' from personal experience....

Whenever you move to a new place (like city/town/state/country), the first few days/weeks are filled with great experiences----girls have an eye for you, strangers are nice to you, job offers come flying in, you make 'friends' so easy at social gatherings, so many windows and opportunities just fall in your lap every hour/day, etc.

But at some point not long after this, maybe 2-3 months later, everything ends up reversing----girls no longer notice you, strangers are cold, job offers dont come, windows and opportunities dry up, etc.

So you end up moving more and more.

I have another 'theory' from personal experience....

Whenever you move to a new place (like city/town/state/country), the first few days/weeks are filled with great experiences----girls have an eye for you, strangers are nice to you, job offers come flying in, you make 'friends' so easy at social gatherings, so many windows and opportunities just fall in your lap every hour/day, etc.

But at some point not long after this, maybe 2-3 months later, everything ends up reversing----girls no longer notice you, strangers are cold, job offers dont come, windows and opportunities dry up, etc.

So you end up moving more and more.

Maybe you're just a real prick and it takes that long for everyone to figure it out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back