Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're all morons in one way or another and as much as you may hit on your brother for taking up smoking, how many things do you do because everyone else does it? Watch stupid TV shows.....Feel compelled to celebrate things you don't really know why you're celebrating.....Get a tattoo because it's very symbolic piece in our life.....Say things or follow things because they're perceived to be cool at the time?

We're all morons.......don't isolate your brother here, alone.
I used to laugh along with the laugh track because I hadn't developed my own sense of humour yet. I was 15 last time I realised I did it.

This new poll the says about 75% of people aged 18 - 34 in NSW support the lockout laws in Sydney. Maybe I travel in different circles, but I haven't spoken to one single person around my age that supports them.

This new poll the says about 75% of people aged 18 - 34 in NSW support the lockout laws in Sydney. Maybe I travel in different circles, but I haven't spoken to one single person around my age that supports them.

I'm getting old. I would nearly support them. I am happy to get drunk (and would support whoever wanted to do anything else) after hours. But have you been out at 3 am lately. I was a couple of times recently. F wit central.

I don't understand the deal with the chip on the shoulder of the taxi industry.

What is it that excludes them from the rule that we've had in place since the beginning of time, that if someone provides a better product than you, and you can't change and adapt, that your business ceases to exist. What is it that entitles them to be propped up by the government?

If I start a coffee shop down the road, then a year later Johnno opens one up across the street and starts making better coffee for 40% less than what I'm charging, my shop goes under. That's the way the world works, change & adapt or move aside.

What is it that excludes them from the rule that we've had in place since the beginning of time, that if someone provides a better product than you, and you can't change and adapt, that your business ceases to exist. What is it that entitles them to be propped up by the government?

If I start a coffee shop down the road, then a year later Johnno opens one up across the street and starts making better coffee for 40% less than what I'm charging, my shop goes under. That's the way the world works, change & adapt or move aside.
Because taxi licenses were restricted which gave them value and operators paid significant money for them

Uber renders those licenses worthless that's why they're angry

Problem is those restricted licenses have allowed an inefficient model to develop without true competition until a far superior alternative has come in

Essentially it's their own fault but they don't see it that way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because taxi licenses were restricted which gave them value and operators paid significant money for them

Uber renders those licenses worthless that's why they're angry

Problem is those restricted licenses have allowed an inefficient model to develop without true competition until a far superior alternative has come in

Essentially it's their own fault but they don't see it that way

Yeah, so they should be protesting against the racket that is having to pay so much for a license? They're just firing from the hip trying to stop Uber being legalised.

They should also take a look inside at their own terrible customer service, refusing short fares, not showing up for pickups, etc.

Yeah, so they should be protesting against the racket that is having to pay so much for a license? They're just firing from the hip trying to stop Uber being legalised.

They should also take a look inside at their own terrible customer service, refusing short fares, not showing up for pickups, etc.
Not to mention that young women are terrified to get in a cab solo

Was going to post something similar. Too bad **** off am sick of hearing about it.

Why people who don't associate with their gender (male that thinks they're female/females that think they're male) are kicking up a stink about how it's extremely hard to change their birth certificate to reflect their new gender. You were born as 'x' gender, regardless of whether that's not reflective of your current predicament that is what you were born as.
Don't birth certificates show sex rather than gender though?

What sort of diets are we talking here?
w***er diets.
pete-evans.jpg

Why people who don't associate with their gender (male that thinks they're female/females that think they're male) are kicking up a stink about how it's extremely hard to change their birth certificate to reflect their new gender. You were born as 'x' gender, regardless of whether that's not reflective of your current predicament that is what you were born as.
How does it work?

No drama's with people identifying as different genders, having sex changes etc.

But surely you can't just walk into the Births, Deaths and Marriages office and say I now consider myself female/male ?

How does it work?

No drama's with people identifying as different genders, having sex changes etc.

But surely you can't just walk into the Births, Deaths and Marriages office and say I now consider myself female/male ?

I'm not sure, I'm also unsure as to why you would feel aggrieved by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back