Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why homeless people write essays on their bit of cardboard. People have time to read about one short sentence as they pass. Nobody actually stops and reads their essays, that I've seen anyway.

Bloke I saw this morning had two cardboard pieces crammed with writing.

Where do they get the textas from? Cardboard is easy, plenty in dumpsters but the textas are a mystery to me. You wouldn't be able to use any weak arse one either, you'd need a Posca type I reckon.

Where do they get the textas from? Cardboard is easy, plenty in dumpsters but the textas are a mystery to me. You wouldn't be able to use any weak arse one either, you'd need a Posca type I reckon.
Excellent point.

And they're usually decked out in nice shoes.

Saw one bloke sitting out front of Parliament last week on a ******* dining room chair!

Furthermore, another homeless man (different one to the one I saw this morning) at the station on my way home this morning had his sign (it was fairly brief), asked for $19 for a room for the night or something. As he was rolling up his cigarette.

Why it was/still is considered cool to wear school bags as low as the straps allow in high school

Reminded me of another one - Why was/is it ever considered cool or fashionable for males to have their underwear visible above the top of their pants or jeans?

Reminded me of another one - Why was/is it ever considered cool or fashionable for males to have their underwear visible above the top of their pants or jeans?
Rappers wanted to adopt that whole bad ass prison persona to sell records. In prison they didnt have belts so inmates couldnt hang themselves or more likely use as weapons to choke other prisoners. Hence their pants sagged a bit. That's what i heard anyway

I don't understand how we've reached a point in society where saying something like 'Yeah I don't like them there gays' is a hangable offence but saying that 'gays will go to hell' is OK because faith. I know that logic doesn't work on religious people (otherwise there wouldn't be any) but why do the rest of us go along with it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rappers wanted to adopt that whole bad ass prison persona to sell records. In prison they didnt have belts so inmates couldnt hang themselves or more likely use as weapons to choke other prisoners. Hence their pants sagged a bit. That's what i heard anyway

Marky Mark was a rapper?

I don't understand how we've reached a point in society where saying something like 'Yeah I don't like them there gays' is a hangable offence but saying that 'gays will go to hell' is OK because faith. I know that logic doesn't work on religious people (otherwise there wouldn't be any) but why do the rest of us go along with it?

Because "the rest of us" are generally tolerant of or indifferent to other people's beliefs, whether we agree with them or not, or at the very least don't feel the need to bleat about it.

A lot of religious people are intollerant hypocrites, and feel the need to tell you how you're wrong and they're right.

it's not ok I put both groups in the campaigner basket, gays will go to hell is just another way of saying I don't like gays

Why it was/still is considered cool to wear school bags as low as the straps allow in high school

like fidget spinners, planking and ice water challenge, it was a fad. Everyone did it at school in the 90s. I did too (not too low as it would be on the ground). But not strapped tight to back. Then teacher told me if i continued it will result in back problems. Started strapping it tight to back then (not too tight).

Furthermore, another homeless man (different one to the one I saw this morning) at the station on my way home this morning had his sign (it was fairly brief), asked for $19 for a room for the night or something. As he was rolling up his cigarette.

saw bloke in hong kong with sign that said lose money, need to pay for flight back home.

Not all homeless people have absolutely nothing. I find it weird that people are judgey towards the homeless if they're not dirty and fleabitten and begging for change in the hope of making a few cents a day.

Not all homeless people have absolutely nothing. I find it weird that people are judgey towards the homeless if they're not dirty and fleabitten and begging for change in the hope of making a few cents a day.
Wifey has told me several times about this old woman in a wheelchair that always used to be up the west end of the CBD somewhere begging. She actually saw her being dropped off from a private vehicle one morning.. like it's a job or something.

The sign really means I need $19 for drugs.

Sorry for assuming so.

But if they're homeless what do they actually have and where do they store their possessions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back