Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump going on about churches being shut down as if Covid19 has solely been an all-out attack on Christianity. Christians are such martyrs for the sake of humanity.

Humanity's obsession with Facebook "photo challenges". One doing the rounds currently is "post a black and white photo of yourself for cancer awareness. Nominate 2 friends to pass it on."

Is there a single person in the Facebook universe who is not aware of cancer? Literally a single person? What does a flattering black and white photo of yourself have to do with said cancer?

Need to cull my circle, I think.
Reminds me of the chain letters

''bad luck will follow if you dont pass it on''

''you are a mean person if you dont go along with the spirit of a fake internet look at me moment that will be forgotten before the next challenge''

From research and personal experience it seems that even if you get a good one you could go and buy another exactly the same get it home and find it a piece of crap.

Charge $300 for a sweet looking toaster that does a s**t job pretty much guarantees not only a refund but a boycott and bad publicity going forward. Why do it? Why not just make a decent toaster in the first place?

Best toaster i ever had was my first one cost $10 from WA Salvage.
had it for 10 years.
then i went all fancy and got ones from myer and good guys and harvey *- wit and they all worked like s**t and cost too much

now i cook toaster over the naked flame gas stovetop with bbq tongs holding the bread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trump going on about churches being shut down as if Covid19 has solely been an all-out attack on Christianity. Christians are such martyrs for the sake of humanity.

The Southern Evangelical nut-bags inform the majority of his base.....So that's him pandering & offering lip-service to them.

Evangelical Christian Supremacists form a majority of his Cabinet, and are big, big donors.
It's just a case of he who pays the piper playing the tune.

Sheldon Adelson is the $$$ behind his Principal PAC, in conjunction with AIPAC....So it's both White Christin fundy Supremacists & Extreme Right-wing Jewish fundy Supremacists (Zionists) together, who inform his base....Both Are deeply racist & hate Arabs & all other people of colour.

His cabinet is Also full of ex Goldman-SAchs people & dual Israeli/U.S citizens.....His son-in-Laws' father, Kushner, is best pals with Netanyahu & both Are involved in the illegal settlements biz....So the criminal destruction of Palestinian homes & illegal annexation of their land, is their forte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back