Things That Make You Cringe.

Remove this Banner Ad

He is not female voice. I going to assume Nat Edwards was on it with him and I bet she is a typical star wars nerd. I'd expect Cal Twomey to not be as nerdy. I hope for his sake..
Apology to Nat Edwards. I could not have been more wrong. She called Riley Beveridge a nerd for going to a midnight showing of some Star Wars bullshit and said she hates anything Star Wars. She gone up in my estimation as media performer.

Bloke on sports radio today advocated the return of footy because "imagine the consequences, economically, socially, mental health....if the footy didnt start tonight?".

He intimated that millions would be affected.

I can understand that. I wonder if the big leagues around the world such as the EPL (or soccer in general) and NBA (basketball in general) have sprouted the same thing.

Bloke on sports radio today advocated the return of footy because "imagine the consequences, economically, socially, mental health....if the footy didnt start tonight?".

He intimated that millions would be affected.

I can understand that. I wonder if the big leagues around the world such as the EPL (or soccer in general) and NBA (basketball in general) have sprouted the same thing.

Not here. Hockey is bigger in Canada than football in Australia. Everybody expected it to be cancelled as soon as the NBA was off. People understood. I haven't come across a single person who has complained about it.

Not here. Hockey is bigger in Canada than football in Australia. Everybody expected it to be cancelled as soon as the NBA was off. People understood. I haven't come across a single person who has complained about it.
interesting. i wonder why.

add to that the way of life

#ourwayoflife

I think most people are pretty reasonable both ways.

I for one can see both sides of the argument, having the footy on while most people are social distancing helps people to feel a little normal, not to mention its the only way people employed by the clubs can keep their jobs (albeit likely at a pay cut).

At the same time if they had suspended the season i would have completely understood and not complained about it at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how 21,000 is bigger than 100,000....But O.K. If you say so.

Yes that was my underlying point.
Do you expect them to say this is why we are the third best sport in the world?

Popularity is one thing but what you consider best is subjective, maybe they believe it

Normally multiple games on TV every night. It's literally on the money. It's way more tied to national pride and identity than Australian Rules is.
One of the very few things I know about my maternal grandfather is that he was a decent hockey player. White Africans and French Canadians I've got such redneck kin.

Size of stadiums.
ah ok.

Im not sure which league touches more people (nhl vs afl). Id suspect the economic/social/mental health impact could be more harsh for hockey followers considering it stretches across canada and USA (of course not all cities or states even)

I sort of hope it all blows up in the AFLs face. Greedy campaigners.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes I know the AFL are greedy campaigners but I don't get the attitude of people not wanting the game to go ahead. There's extremely little chance it'll help spread the virus and most of us want to watch football or at least something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back