Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

Sizzler Morley always packed. My mum wanted to go recently so we went. It was ok. Yummy cheese toast but far out the noise! It was terrible.

Bieber is 23 now and not 15...
Soundgarden predicted it when they released this song 23 years ago today
Soundgarden_-_Fell_On_Black_Days.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very intelligent young guy at work asked me why Cuba was cut off by US for so many years
That led to his asking what Communism was.
He thought it sounded like a good idea and I explained why it did not work out.
People of my age grew up with these concepts as part of life but when you have to explain Cold War to a young person it sounds slightly ridiculous

A very intelligent young guy at work asked me why Cuba was cut off by US for so many years
He thought it sounded like a good idea and I explained why it did not work out.
People of my age grew up with these concepts as part of life but when you have to explain Cold War to a young person it sounds slightly ridiculous
History doesn't seem to be taught at schools anymore.

A few Sizzlers in QLD failed health inspections about 10 years ago didn't they? I'm talking real big faliures here, not minor discrepancies

Lunchtime conversation with younger colleagues, someone (35-40ish!) asked when was World War II, and they all looked at me for the answer :$.
You mistakenly said "younger colleagues" instead of "ignorant morons".

I really hope you work in a primary school and the "intelligent young guy" is in grade 2.

I remember when she was reported as only 17 when her first hit single was released back in 1998.

Alcohol and drugs took there toll with premature ageing

She looks like she’s in a better place these days

Remove this Banner Ad

Back