Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

Played the 1st game of the footy season on Saturday and im still sore :'(. Used to be able to play 2 games in a day (colts and seniors) and be fine.
I'm at the point where Saturday night is a write off, if it's not eating pizza with a 6 pack on a couch and my body covered in frozen peas then it's not happening.

I swear Kmart mums are like a cult or something. There's a new shopping centre being built near my place and in the local Facebook chat group are going nuts hoping there will be a Kmart there, they've even started petitions and said they won't shop at the rest of the shopping centre if one isn't added. :tearsofjoy:

I swear Kmart mums are like a cult or something. There's a new shopping centre being built near my place and in the local Facebook chat group are going nuts hoping there will be a Kmart there, they've even started petitions and said they won't shop at the rest of the shopping centre if one isn't added. :tearsofjoy:

Isn't their leader Brenda?

Being a mature age student at Uni and in particular being the only one in my cohort...
How mature is "mature aged"? I'm back at Uni at the moment at 27 years old and it can be a little weird working with people who weren't even alive when 9/11 happened, but then again I work with other students who are 20+ years older than me so sometimes im the young one as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kmart is cheaaap. You can get a toaster for $20-50 at Target up to maybe $100-150 at Myer or DJs. Kmart will have one for $7. T-shirt $4. Exercise mat $5. Ladel $2. Etc.

I remember going there as a kid and they had decent quality stuff in the sports and camping sections. Now if I wanted a footy or a sleeping bag I wouldn't even bother because they'll just have a cheap s**t $8 version that doesn't last.

How mature is "mature aged"? I'm back at Uni at the moment at 27 years old and it can be a little weird working with people who weren't even alive when 9/11 happened, but then again I work with other students who are 20+ years older than me so sometimes im the young one as well.

40+ compared with mostly school leavers. I get along with them well enough but I'm definitely on the outer in the social side of things (not that I try to include myself in their social groups anyway). It's challenging though because I'm in a music course which by it's nature is much more group oriented than most uni courses.

If all goes well I'll be starting uni proper soon as a mature aged student. Sounds like I'll be stuck in the middle age wise.

Kmart is cheaaap. You can get a toaster for $20-50 at Target up to maybe $100-150 at Myer or DJs. Kmart will have one for $7. T-shirt $4. Exercise mat $5. Ladel $2. Etc.

I remember going there as a kid and they had decent quality stuff in the sports and camping sections. Now if I wanted a footy or a sleeping bag I wouldn't even bother because they'll just have a cheap **** $8 version that doesn't last.
Kmart black tees...$4 fella.

So cheap. So good

Kmart black tees...$4 fella.

So cheap. So good

I bought some exercise clothes from Kmart. Not sure if I'm supposed to call it "activewear" as a dude. They aren't stretchy.

Just a couple of shirts and singlets, sum total about $15. Still going strong a year or two later. Who needs #lornajane and all that rubbish?

I bought some exercise clothes from Kmart. Not sure if I'm supposed to call it "activewear" as a dude. They aren't stretchy.

Just a couple of shirts and singlets, sum total about $15. Still going strong a year or two later. Who needs #lornajane and all that rubbish?
i am looking for some gym stuff. I usually just go to Kmart. Towels, foam rollers, they really have everything cheap.

Gym tees are great. Plain black...just use em and abuse em

i am looking for some gym stuff. I usually just go to Kmart. Towels, foam rollers, they really have everything cheap.

Gym tees are great. Plain black...just use em and abuse em

My only issue with how cheap Kmart is is how people treat their products as disposable. A cotton t-shirt whether it's $5 or $100 still has an impact of being produced, transported etc. and far too many people buy stuff because it's cheap then chuck it away when the next new cheap thing comes along.

My only issue with how cheap Kmart is is how people treat their products as disposable. A cotton t-shirt whether it's $5 or $100 still has an impact of being produced, transported etc. and far too many people buy stuff because it's cheap then chuck it away when the next new cheap thing comes along.

I use that s**t until they become rags.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back