Social Science Things that please me - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's taken me until the age of 42 but I own property. Wife and I signed off on an appartement in Nice today. We didnt even get bloody keys as its a rental(tenant in place) where we will double our money in 7 years so Im pretty happy.

Bonus is the place is furnished and we emptied our safe as the previous owner sold the furnishings to us in cash, emptying our growing stack of cash which is hard to use here in large amounts.

Melbourne weather atm.
Nothing more therapeutic than a stormy day indoors with a good book and tea, or getting soaked when I go for a run. This craps all over sticky summer days

Please send post rain photos in running gear

kthxbye

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The double in 7 years bit. Is that your estimate or...?

Ah I see. There is a tenant who will pay 58,000 euros over 7 years, whereas we will pay 50,000 then the loan will be payed off (1.1% interest). It's a small loft apartment and seeing as we live rent, electricity, petrol, gas free it was a better way to use our money than leaving it in a bank.

Ah I see. There is a tenant who will pay 58,000 euros over 7 years, whereas we will pay 50,000 then the loan will be payed off (1.1% interest). It's a small loft apartment and seeing as we live rent, electricity, petrol, gas free it was a better way to use our money than leaving it in a bank.

Wait, what? Someone is paying over 8k p.a. for a place that costs 50k?

Wait, what? Someone is paying over 8k p.a. for a place that costs 50k?

Place costs 107k. It's also smack bang in the middle of Nice in one of the nicer areas. France has the most visits from tourist in the whole world, Nice is the second most visited city in France, after Paris. Nice airport is the 2nd busiest airport in France. It's an expensive city(and region) to live in. Therefore we thought it's a good investment with very low risk to us. We still manage to save around 40,000 euros a year together so will be looking at other investment options too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back