Things that please me - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's funny how criticism of Gillard was always gendered yet Thatcher seems to be fair game for comments like this. It's almost like gender is less important than policies and performance in the role.
Do you actually know what Section 28 was? If you did I think you might understand my enmity towards her.

Do you actually know what Section 28 was? If you did I think you might understand my enmity towards her.

No I don't, but it's not important. Like I said, I watched a whole special about Gillard bemoaning some of the language (like bitch) she copped when in power and how it's not appropriate no matter what she did/didn't do.

For the record politics is a dirty game and I don't really care what you call Thatcher, just feel like its worth pointing out the hypocrisy.

No I don't, but it's not important. Like I said, I watched a whole special about Gillard bemoaning some of the language (like bitch) she copped when in power and how it's not appropriate no matter what she did/didn't do.

For the record politics is a dirty game and I don't really care what you call Thatcher, just feel like its worth pointing out the hypocrisy.
I can assure you my hatred of Thatcher, unlike a lot of people's feelings toward Gillard aren't based on her gender. Google S28 and you'll understand why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can assure you my hatred of Thatcher, unlike a lot of people's feelings toward Gillard aren't based on her gender. Google S28 and you'll understand why.

That's fine and I'll accept that no problems. It's a shame more Labor supporters didn't see criticism of Gillard the same way.

I just googled it and fair cop, I understand why you hate her.

That's fine and I'll accept that no problems. It's a shame more Labor supporters didn't see criticism of Gillard the same way.

I just googled it and fair cop, I understand why you hate her.
So Gillard copped it because she wanted to make disabled people's lives a bit better through the NDIS or she tried to make mining companies pay their share of tax? What a monster!

Gillard was a left wing PM that was against the human right for gay people being allowed to get married when she was in power. Doesn't get much more embarrassing for the cheerleaders.

Like i said before, it appears policies and political leanings are more important than gender in my opinion.
Which of Gillard's policies caused the visceral hatred that some Australians felt towards her? I could name you a dozen of Thatcher's off the top of my head that made her so divisive.

Which of Gillard's policies caused the visceral hatred that some Australians felt towards her? I could name you a dozen of Thatcher's off the top of my head that made her so divisive.

I hated this female politician and thats ok
I didnt hate this other female politician but others did and thats not ok

It's the use of bitch that the_interloper is talking about not whether Thatcher deserves to be hated

It's the use of bitch that the_interloper is talking about not whether Thatcher deserves to be hated
Even my friend in Canberra admits that the sexism towards Gillard got out of hand but also that it "did the job" yet still we have people trying to pretend like it never existed or exercising ridiculous false equivalency.

Even my friend in Canberra admits that the sexism towards Gillard got out of hand but also that it "did the job" yet still we have people trying to pretend like it never existed or exercising ridiculous false equivalency.
Gendered insults are always gendered insults whether you think the person you are directing them at deserves them or not is a different question

If you don't want someone calling Gillard a witch or bitch but are fine to use it on Thatcher then your issue isn't with misogyny its with who its directed at

Thatcher was an evil campaigner a truly terrible human who's politics has been a blight on the world, but that doesn't change the above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back