Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

IBM refused to pay overtime and in a year I built up so much time in lieu that I announced forthwith I'd only be working four days a week and having a three day weekend. Manager couldn't do much about it, and when I got a transfer to a different site a couple of months later they wound up paying it out (illegally, apparently, but I didn't care).

According to an impeccable source on the weekend, digital cameras are making a massive comeback with the younger demographic. Apparently it is mega cool to pull out the 2005-era pocket digital for snaps when in town or at clubs. Phones are passé despite the much higher resolution nowadays.

Do you think I should sell the collection of cameras I've got sculling about in a drawer somewhere?

"Can i touch my phone officer?"
"sure"
"Here you go officer"
"That'll be a $500 fine for touching your phone behind the wheel, punk"

I got done like that a few months ago. The officer asked me what I was watching, and I said "what do you mean?". He pointed out my phone was playing a video (I couldn't see it) and when I answered "oh, a video is playing" they used that as an admission of guilt lol

I got done like that a few months ago. The officer asked me what I was watching, and I said "what do you mean?". He pointed out my phone was playing a video (I couldn't see it) and when I answered "oh, a video is playing" they used that as an admission of guilt lol

My mate got done by a camera, I didn't even know they could do that. He sent through the photos, he was definitely on his phone while driving, not an easy one to argue out of.

According to an impeccable source on the weekend, digital cameras are making a massive comeback with the younger demographic. Apparently it is mega cool to pull out the 2005-era pocket digital for snaps when in town or at clubs. Phones are passé despite the much higher resolution nowadays.

Do you think I should sell the collection of cameras I've got sculling about in a drawer somewhere?
Yes.

At a recent event I attended, Polaroid cameras were placed on tables for the occupants to take happy snaps of each other as a memento.

I still have an Olympus Camedia and a Nikon Coolpix, sadly unused for many years now. But maybe I should - could the pics still be downloaded?

At a recent event I attended, Polaroid cameras were placed on tables for the occupants to take happy snaps of each other as a memento.

I still have an Olympus Camedia and a Nikon Coolpix, sadly unused for many years now. But maybe I should - could the pics still be downloaded?

Over the past couple of years, I've attended a couple of weddings for my cousins & at each one they had a few of Polaroid cameras and a heap of film for the guests to take photos & add to their memory books

Was a really popular thing both times

I've always loved photography & had a collection of cameras over the years - got my first digital camera in 2006 ahead of a one way trip to North America, and when I was going back there over the Xmas/NY period of 2011/2012 I wanted to upgrade and got both an DSLR and a slightly smaller digital camera which was a Canon PowerShot SX230HS

A few years later (2019) I updated the DSLR to a Mirrorless but I haded upgraded my little digital as it was something that was always there but I had started to favour either the "better" option in DSLR/Mirrorless or the convenient option of my phone, and the cameras on phones seemed to always be getting better anyway

When I was in Queenstown earlier this year I went zip lining & we were permitted to take photos with us along the journey but if you drop your phone you're not getting it back. My digital camera is always with me when traveling, but rarely used & because it had the wrist strap I decided to use that because I could strap it to the belt loop to hopefully not lose it - after uploading the photos to my computer & getting a proper look at them, I was genuinely surprised with the clarity & colours in the images of a 13yr old camera and have started using it more often since then. I'm now favouring it to my phone when I've been traveling over recent months

1715654720425.jpeg

1715654827440.jpeg

1715654856777.jpeg

1715654882055.jpeg

Over the past couple of years, I've attended a couple of weddings for my cousins & at each one they had a few of Polaroid cameras and a heap of film for the guests to take photos & add to their memory books

We did this at our wedding. Unfortunately all photos sucked. They were too dark and you could barely see anything. Ended up being a total waste of money :(

This was common at 21sts in my day, well until a bloke I know kept taking them to the dunnies and taking photos of his snag!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mate got done by a camera, I didn't even know they could do that. He sent through the photos, he was definitely on his phone while driving, not an easy one to argue out of.
Not having a go at your mate but i as much as i bemoan the cost of fines for stuff in vic, i dont really have an issue with this being a big ass fine. Its so dangerous.

Not having a go at your mate but i as much as i bemoan the cost of fines for stuff in vic, i dont really have an issue with this being a big ass fine. Its so dangerous.

Oh nah I don't either, I agree with you, there was no argument from me.

The photos were funny though, caught him red handed!

They were trialling it in Sydney when i lived there. So i saw some of the photos they got, its BLATANT when they catch you and from what i understand they err on the cautious side for issuing fines, it has to be really obvious what youre doing.

I went to a wedding a month or two ago where they did this. All the photos turned out fantastic.

I've had family up in Brisbane caught - I haven't seen the photo, but when they saw the photo, it was apparently pretty clear that his phone was open on his lap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back