Mega Thread Things that s**t me the Thirteenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
his true self came out when he lost his s**t at that ball girl a few years ago. funnily enough the video of the incident is nowhere to be found.
Oh yeah, his marketing team are insane. I've heard many stories from those who've worked the Aus Open that he isn't welcoming when a camera isn't around.

Receipt of many texts from english friends about the cricket. Same ones who said no one cares about cricket in england when we belted them in many an ashes series.
I've just finished reading Emma John's tale of being a teenaged English cricket tragic in the 90s. She seemed to deal with it like Richmond fans of that era and developed a very dark sense of humour.

Tennis crowds. Does any sport have a more annoying and entitled bunch of fans than tennis does?

The most vocal are either the 50-year-old boomers who squeal like little girls whenever there's a rally that goes longer than 10 shots and boo any player that shows any hint of emotion, or 20-year-old fools who want to be the last one to yell before the player serves.

They pick their favourites and hate anyone who doesn't fall in line. Novak talks to the umpires to clarify a decision in one of the most important games of his life: boooo. Naomi Osaka wins her first grand slam, spoiled crowd booo during the ceremony because Serena didn't get her way for once.

I don't know. Tennis crowds have always felt so weird to me.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tennis crowds. Does any sport have a more annoying and entitled bunch of fans than tennis does?

The most vocal are either the 50-year-old boomers who squeal like little girls whenever there's a rally that goes longer than 10 shots and boo any player that shows any hint of emotion, or 20-year-old fools who want to be the last one to yell before the player serves.

They pick their favourites and hate anyone who doesn't fall in line. Novak talks to the umpires to clarify a decision in one of the most important games of his life: boooo. Naomi Osaka wins her first grand slam, spoiled crowd booo during the ceremony because Serena didn't get her way for once.

Nick Kygrios doesn't try hard enough :'(:'(:'(:'(

Lol cricket "world" cup -- a dozen countries is hardly representative of the world.

Just you wait until September. Then you have a World Cup comprising the private school elite of roughly the same dozen countries.

Cricket is massively two-tiered in England now. Toffs watch it and their Asian (sic) (Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan) community watch it. It passes most other people by. Here you either like it or you don't. Don't need to be Lord Ponsomely III or Ranjeet the Uber driver to play a bit of second XI on the weekend.

Nick Kygrios doesn't try hard enough :'(:'(:'(:'(
Yeah, that's another thing... WHO CARES. Why do people honestly care about Nick half-assing it as if he's their own son?

He's made it pretty clear that he hates tennis and only plays it because he's good at it. It's nothing more than a job to him. If he wants to screw around while getting paid I don't see why it's anyone else's business. He might look back on his life in 20 years and regret it, but that's his decision to make. If you don't like it then don't go and support him. He doesn't owe anyone anything.

At least he's entertaining unlike a lot of the other uptight dweebs on tour.

Lol cricket "world" cup -- a dozen countries is hardly representative of the world.

There were more nationalities in the England squad, than the whole rest of the comp

Definitely w***er crowds at tennis. Clapping to point reviews...

HUmans are passionate beings. Tennis seems to be a sport that attracts certain persons. Or maybe the same persons attend other sports but are absorbed into the crowd.

Yeah, that's another thing... WHO CARES. Why do people honestly care about Nick half-assing it as if he's their own son?

He's made it pretty clear that he hates tennis and only plays it because he's good at it. It's nothing more than a job to him. If he wants to screw around while getting paid I don't see why it's anyone else's business. He might look back on his life in 20 years and regret it, but that's his decision to make. If you don't like it then don't go and support him. He doesn't owe anyone anything.

At least he's entertaining unlike a lot of the other uptight dweebs on tour.

You are very passionate :D

im the same, if someone who plays an individual sport doesnt want to try, that's on them.

Definitely w***er crowds at tennis. Clapping to point reviews...

That's a curious one. The slow clap that hastens and reaches a crescendo culminating in a "wooooahhhhh AHHHHHH" as the ball lands.

To be fair, any competition that includes India is well on the way to being a world cup (15-18% of world population)

Federer at 37 still being near the top is an indictment on the younger players. They should have torn him down by now.

The fact he's still matching it with Nadal and Djokovic means it's a credit to him imo.

It's not like he's fallen off their pace but still miles ahead of the rest of the pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back