Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Friend comes to dinner. At the table keeps checking his phone. Not keeping up with the conversation. When asked to put it away, says “I have to be contactable.” Then, “My daughter might be sending a message. She promised to let me know yada yada…”

Another house guest. Her first visit to the area. We took her for a drive to a very nice scenic area down the coast. Didn’t look out the car window, spent the whole time conversing with people via text “Oh I’ve got a message from my nephew!”

On another subject, I’ve thought for a while that youth crime would suddenly reduce if the kids knew their phones would be confiscated. That would be the worst punishment.
Im toying with the idea of telling my kids ill give them $2k each rightnow if they give up their iphones and switch to a dumbphone which can only text and call. Like my first nokia

Thing that shits me

Bus half full but each seat occupied. The next person without fail will sit next to me no matter where I am on the bus. They walk passed 20 available seats to sit next to me!

BF, what can I do to appear a less desirable bus seat partner? I've tried eye contact as they walk, picking my nose, spreading out, bag on seat. Nothing works, almost always the biggest person to get on the bus to so cramming themselves next to someone tall who doesn't fit isn't even comfortable for them. Feel like I'm being filmed, it has to be a prank. Why is Adelaide doing this?

Friend comes to dinner. At the table keeps checking his phone. Not keeping up with the conversation. When asked to put it away, says “I have to be contactable.” Then, “My daughter might be sending a message. She promised to let me know yada yada…”

Another house guest. Her first visit to the area. We took her for a drive to a very nice scenic area down the coast. Didn’t look out the car window, spent the whole time conversing with people via text “Oh I’ve got a message from my nephew!”

On another subject, I’ve thought for a while that youth crime would suddenly reduce if the kids knew their phones would be confiscated. That would be the worst punishment.

I know these are a novelty toys, but I can see how they'd have value at times

I'm pretty sure I've seen restaurants advertiser they have these on their tables with the idea being you're out to dinner, so put your phone away and actually talk face to face with those whom you're apparently enjoying the company of

1710290236456.jpeg

I'm pretty sure I've seen restaurants advertiser they have these on their tables with the idea being you're out to dinner, so put your phone away and actually talk face to face with those whom you're apparently enjoying the company of

View attachment 1926486
I need one of these for my brother, he's disgustingly antisocial and just sits on his phone all the time

I need one of these for my brother, he's disgustingly antisocial and just sits on his phone all the time

At this time of year the best options are eBay, Amazon etc - I know Kmart was selling them as KK gifts at Xmas but but sure if they stock them all year round

The biggest choice to make - do you go the one with a timer, or a lock & key which can be opened after paying a fine

View attachment 1926486
If you go out to dinner - everyone put their phones in the middle of the table. First 3 (say for a group of 8-10) who look at theirs foots the bill for everyone else

Thing that shits me

Bus half full but each seat occupied. The next person without fail will sit next to me no matter where I am on the bus. They walk passed 20 available seats to sit next to me!

BF, what can I do to appear a less desirable bus seat partner? I've tried eye contact as they walk, picking my nose, spreading out, bag on seat. Nothing works, almost always the biggest person to get on the bus to so cramming themselves next to someone tall who doesn't fit isn't even comfortable for them. Feel like I'm being filmed, it has to be a prank. Why is Adelaide doing this?
Lick your shoulder

Thing that shits me

Pretend to be on the phone having a loud, obnoxious conversion?

Thing that shits me

Be a fat campaigner. That stops people sitting next to me unless they have to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Height means my legs are spread over half the seat. It isn't an appealing place to sit when everyone else is shorter/takes up less room. It doesn't stop these people

Guaranteed the same will happen on the way home

Thing that shits me

Tell the driver your burge13 from Big Footy.

That gets the red carpet rolled out when I go to events but bus drivers haven't cared all that much tbh

From my observations, don't think bus drivers care all that much about anything.
Apart from the granny and grandpa taking 9 minutes to disembark.

It's funny you say that, it's how I knew my weightloss attempts were going ok - some arsehole sat next to me on the tram last week :mad:

Thing that shits me

You're welcome.

Thing that shits me

Try awkwardly staring at them with your head tilted and brows accentuated.

If that doesn't work, do the same while eating a banana

Mens bogs at work have three urinals close to each other.

Went in there yesterday afternoon and some campaigner was using the middle one.

Absolutely no sense of etiquette. Probably pulls the wings off flies as well.

My favourite part of contracting/working at home 99% of the time is not having to deal with work toilets. It used to absolutely stun me how many supposedly respectable, professional workers would go to work and just ******* destroy toilets. Disgusting. The last place I worked only had 3 cubicles, and cos I worked on the corporate side of construction projects and worked with a lot of tradies, at least 1-2 of the toilets was always out of order and nasty smelling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back