Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a friend whose child (grade 3) was being bullied by another kid which eventually ended up with the bully threatening to bring a gun to school and shoot her.

They explained the situation (admittedly a bit more extreme than yours) to their preferred school that was well out of their zone and were accepted.

So it is doable I guess. Might be worth trying to book a meeting with your preferred school explain the concerns and you might get lucky. As they say you miss every shot you don't take.

Every school has problems though.

A lot of families want to come to the school I work at because their kid gets bullied at their current school. We have bullying too, there are fights, there are s**t kids etc.

Yours does sound a little extreme; have you considered meeting with any of the leadership team?
The problems are not all the same though.

Some schools are legitimately bad

It's almost like you can't tax your way out of an addiction
And like any other addiction it flourishes across society.

Unfortunately, our zone hasn't changed. I will genuinely move suburbs before I send my kids to that school lol

My respect is reserved for institutions that don't house, protect and re-locate child abusers as a matter of policy.

Religious institutions deserve no respect. Religious theology? Maybe.

There is absolutely nothing about any of these values that are "Christian." They are values of being a decent person, they are values of every religion.

In what universe does Christianity get to own respect, fairness, patience and kindness to others? That's ridiculous. As is the notion that religious identities should get any say on "what is expected of children" when they've spent years telling children to keep their sinful mouths shut about abuse or they'll go to hell.
Where did you get the idea that these values make a decent person? Hint: not all societies share them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People (family members, careers, friends etc) who drive someone that has an accessible parking permit, they parking in one of those bays but the person whom the pass belongs to stays in the car - which to me negates the need to park in one of those bays

It frustrates me that people utilise those bays when they have someone with them who has the pass but knowing the other person isn’t getting out of the car because, “I just need to run into the shop to get something quickly” - in that case, park in a regular parking bay just as if you were on your own, because that’s essentially how you’re shopping anyway

It just frustrates me as you often then see someone who genuinely needs one of those parks but doesn’t have access to it

Yeah but I think keeping the car close without having to leave someone in the car for longer - who might not be able to get out quickly or without help - is the way to go.

Rarely are they keeping the car close though - it's just being lazy

The one today was at a local shopping strip - the disabled bay is at one end and after the driver got out, she went halfway down the row of shops to where she could have easily parked directly out of the front of the desired shop

I've seen the same thing at bigger shopping centres where they utilise the park while they run into the bottle shop, supermarket or even leaving then for an extended period while they go shopping because they can use an "ideal park", especially during busier times

Even better is when someone has a parking pass for work purposes and then utilises those parks when they aren't driving someone and try to BS by saying, "but I'm working by picking item X up for Y"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back