Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, no one I know has had it for ages. I've never had it myself. Maybe there are pockets, or crowded areas. Where do you think you picked it up?

Just rest, let everyone else get meals etc.
Even though I've been off colour for two weeks, I reckon it was a visit to the mall last Thursday night. Going down on Sunday fits the timeframe for the current variants.

I've been incapable of doing any more than mope around. Can't even play games or anything to keep me occupied, I don't have the concentration or patience. Bored as *. Contemplating becoming a mouthbreather and just blob on the couch watching youtube episodes of Maury.

Partner hasn't got it (yet) and we are both wearing masks, not going near each other, sleeping separately, wiping down anything I touch, separate dishes etc. Not easy in a small flat. Be a miracle if she avoids it. :(

Basic precautions aren't a hermetically sealed bubble.

Absolutely. Hand sanitiser, thorough hand washing and mask up in places with lots of people.

Even though I've been off colour for two weeks, I reckon it was a visit to the mall last Thursday night. Going down on Sunday fits the timeframe for the current variants.

I've been incapable of doing any more than mope around. Can't even play games or anything to keep me occupied, I don't have the concentration or patience. Bored as *. Contemplating becoming a mouthbreather and just blob on the couch watching youtube episodes of Maury.

Partner hasn't got it (yet) and we are both wearing masks, not going near each other, sleeping separately, wiping down anything I touch, separate dishes etc. Not easy in a small flat. Be a miracle if she avoids it. :(

Absolutely. Hand sanitiser, thorough hand washing and mask up in places with lots of people.
last time covid was here over christmas I luckily managed to avoid it which meant my surgery didn't have to be postponed so fingers crossed

New guy next to me talks through everything he does, driving me nuts

'control c, control v, put that there, delete. Where'd I put xyz, check this folder' on and on and on

I remain unconvinced Jerry would have allowed this.

I think similar with some of the stuff that gets flogged by Hendrix's family and Dimebag Darrell's as well.

'control c, control v, put that there, delete. Where'd I put xyz, check this folder' on and on and on

Shits me up the wall, that's why I often have headphones on in the office, the campaigner next to me drives me up the wall!

Have someone kinda like that near me but she really whistles her esses. So you hear this high pitched whisper/whistle coupled with her mouse constantly scraping the desk because she refuses to use a mouse pad. 🙄

Have someone kinda like that near me but she really whistles her esses. So you hear this high pitched whisper/whistle coupled with her mouse constantly scraping the desk because she refuses to use a mouse pad. 🙄
We have to hot desk (another thing that shits me) and weren't given mouse pads so wherever I sit, they have the same problem. I'm not buying one lol

I have 2. One doesn't stop tapping his foot all day. The other who happens to be my boss likes to do his web meetings on loud speaker and even occasionally does in person meetings with other staff (about pay raises/pay negotiations etc) in the middle of the office for all to hear.

OK, straight up: I detest the grifting ******* zionist smurf as much as anybody. But sometimes - rarely - he does publish what needs to be seen.

Cops gonna cop but how the guy talked in this video popped into my head again reading this which also shits me

Petrol prices - no not the actual price but the excuses as to why its high

Growing up it used to '' the singapore dollar'' and because the internet hadnt spread we were huh ok - then the Middle East wanted some glory and you think yeah ok

Now if a bee farts in Brazil the price goes up

The reason for my rant is the one I heard tonight

The Ukraine Conflict

Oh Ok the one thats been going 3 years while prices have been up and down? That one?

Why did the price drop 50c ? Was there no fighting?

Stop treating us like children and say '' profits we are hear to make profits''

Oh yeah '' Government costs'' is another one

Growing up it used to '' the singapore dollar'' and because the internet hadnt spread we were huh ok - then the Middle East wanted some glory and you think yeah ok

The Ukraine Conflict

Oh Ok the one thats been going 3 years while prices have been up and down? That one?

I love sin taxes. Twice yearly CPI rises

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Ukraine Conflict

Absolutely, also love when 2 petrol stations belonging to the same company just 1km apart can be nearly 50 cents different in price…

Ukraine must only affect stations on the main highway…

It's a rort and they wonder why so many people now are driving off without paying for their petrol.

I have only done it once and it was unintentional, I just forgot to pay for it and it wasn't until I got back home I realised I didn't pay for it.

I kept waiting for the petrol police to come and arrest me but they didn't come and then I thought I should have filled up with a full tank.

It's a rort and they wonder why so many people now are driving off without paying for their petrol.

I have only done it once and it was unintentional, I just forgot to pay for it and it wasn't until I got back home I realised I didn't pay for it.

I kept waiting for the petrol police to come and arrest me but they didn't come and then I thought I should have filled up with a full tank.
I went to a country servo the other day and saw a sign that said “ leave your keys with us at the counter while you fill up and you will get them back once you’ve paid “

Must get a few drive offs

I went to a country servo the other day and saw a sign that said “ leave your keys with us at the counter while you fill up and you will get them back once you’ve paid “

Must get a few drive offs
Good idea. But it would slow things up unless there was a big sign at the entrance. Those that didn’t want to cooperate could then PO.

Same principle being applied by building companies that signed up all the first home buyers during COVID

Lay the pad to meet the criteria for funds and then leave it for six months before doing the next step - there were whole streets where there was just the pad for months and months

All the greedy builders went bust because of this. Locked in a heap of fixed price contracts with the government flooding the market with customers, materials went up because of supply shortage due to COVID, materials went up again because of inflation because of all the stimulus packages the governments did during COVID, the fixed price contracts they signed no longer met the builders costs. Great example of a government scheme ******* with the environment and ending up a complete disaster.

Id take a 2 percent rise in GST to 12% for permanent removal of all fuel taxes and excise. Particularly diesel would benefit assisting freight transport costs
There's a heap of claims to be made on diesel though - something like $5bn pa is handed back in diesel fuel excise returns (a fair chunk of that to the mining sector).

There's a heap of claims to be made on diesel though - something like $5bn pa is handed back in diesel fuel excise returns (a fair chunk of that to the mining sector).
GST is $90b all up so $9b per percentage point.
Petrol excise is about $7b. Diesel about twice that from memory. So say $21b. Just over 2% GST should cover it. Round to 3% and cop the $1-$2b annual hit to surplus.

Consumption taxes (GST) work to disadvantage lower income earners and beneficiaries.
So does petrol tax. Choose the knife or the dagger. They’re identical. But you dont see price swings and places 100m away from eachother with that divergence in prices as you do with petrol. Thats the key here

So does petrol tax. Choose the knife or the dagger. They’re identical. But you dont see price swings and places 100m away from eachother with that divergence in prices as you do with petrol. Thats the key here
not everyone has a car but everyone is going to end up paying GST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back