Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Been off colour ever since coming back from Radelaide's sprawl, no energy, brain fog, have to sit down and rest if I do something strenuous like climb a flight of stairs or pull four or five weeds.

Took a couple of days off work last week, popped in on Friday afternoon to get my laptop so I could WFH over the weekend to do stuff I didn't get done two weeks ago.

Spent Saturday flaked out in bed, Sunday my world came crashing down. Chest, throat, sinuses, all-over body aches. Got about an hours sleep last night, turning over like a rotisserie chook to try to keep at least one sinus clear.

Even worse this morning, did a RAT, I've never seen it come up so quick and with such a thick bar. Yep, struck down with the latest ******* variant of covid.

Not happy Jan.

Been off colour ever since coming back from Radelaide's sprawl, no energy, brain fog, have to sit down and rest if I do something strenuous like climb a flight of stairs or pull four or five weeds.

Took a couple of days off work last week, popped in on Friday afternoon to get my laptop so I could WFH over the weekend to do stuff I didn't get done two weeks ago.

Spent Saturday flaked out in bed, Sunday my world came crashing down. Chest, throat, sinuses, all-over body aches. Got about an hours sleep last night, turning over like a rotisserie chook to try to keep at least one sinus clear.

Even worse this morning, did a RAT, I've never seen it come up so quick and with such a thick bar. Yep, struck down with the latest ******* variant of covid.

Not happy Jan.
Can you get antivirals?

People that don’t look after their animals. Fourth time I’ve visited this property and their chickens had no food or water and over 40 eggs in their nesting box 😡.

Are you able to seize the animals?

Are you allowed to just do that, though? I would have thought you would have to alert the authorities first.
I am the authority, these animals are part of program I run, we have the public look after them and I take blood from them to test for viruses. So yeah my big bosses have said to seize them.

It's occurred to me that we've just finished the longest period of daylight savings possible under the current rules. The first Sunday in October fell on 1 October, the first Sunday in April fell on 7 April, and there was a leap day in February. I wonder how often it falls that way.

I used to be against daylight savings, but now I think the extra light in the evening is valuable enough to keep it. However, I'm against the transition - it throws me off enough to be bothersome.

I think the best solution is a compromise - permanent half-daylight savings. For Adelaide that would mean sunrise at 8 and sunset at 5.30 on the shortest day, and sunrise at 5.30 and sunset at 8 on the longest day. I would even be willing to do permanent full daylight savings to get rid of these stupid transitions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of us stands around while ours eat, protecting them from pigeons.

If you know of a better way to keep the flying rats away I'm all ears.
Well we used a meerkat statue in the coop and the crows won’t go in there to steal the eggs now. You could try putting up fake owls, they will often scare other birds away.

It's occurred to me that we've just finished the longest period of daylight savings possible under the current rules. The first Sunday in October fell on 1 October, the first Sunday in April fell on 7 April, and there was a leap day in February. I wonder how often it falls that way.
emuboy

Vertigo
I can’t believe how sick I feel
That's horrible. I had it for 2 whole days a couple of years ago. Could be labyrinthitis - if so it will go away soon :(

Sister in law had dizziness for 5 weeks after an exercise class! Her doctor didn't know what to do. She ended up going to a Dizzy Clinic and the doc fixed it on the spot.

This is the third (? or fourth ?) time I've had covid and this one has laid me flat.

Carried three bags of groceries from the car inside yesterday and almost fainted.

Zero-warning coughing fits - not even a tickle, straight into full-on doubled-over attacks.

Throat so sore last night I could barely swallow, kept me awake until after 3.

Time to drag out the 2020 precautions again people, you don't want it. Complacency is a killer.

This is the third (? or fourth ?) time I've had covid and this one has laid me flat.

Carried three bags of groceries from the car inside yesterday and almost fainted.

Zero-warning coughing fits - not even a tickle, straight into full-on doubled-over attacks.

Time to drag out the 2020 precautions again people, you don't want it. Complacency is a killer.

Don’t know if you are taking anything but if you can get hold of some Armaforce Cold Relief, I found it really helped reduce my daughters symptoms

Wow, no one I know has had it for ages. I've never had it myself. Maybe there are pockets, or crowded areas. Where do you think you picked it up?

Just rest, let everyone else get meals etc.

Still never had it, or more likely have had it multiple times and not known. The worrying about where you got it doesn't help.

If you live a normal life you'll catch buses, go to shops etc, you can't avoid these things. Short of living like bubble boy in Seinfeld what benefit is there in that worry...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back