Things that sh*t me the sixteenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon most families. Im at an age where a few friends are starting to lose parents and every single one, without fail has had a massive shitfight with their families over the wills and assets. Seems it doesnt matter how close and well meaning a family is, stuff gets weird or downright combative when it comes to money.

I swear this is going around, 4 people in my office off last week (2 came in with it for a day or two swearing it was just allergies).
Again.. another reason why i am sanitizing about 50 times a day.

when my grandfather died he left 100k cash in a safety deposit box to be split between the 7 siblings of which my dad was executor of the will. some of the siblings owed money but didn't think they had to pay their debt off anymore and expected an equal share, My dad however had his dad's little black book that showed what each owed and in the end they did but it did cause huge arguments.
I think this is the thing, it seems really straightforward and to someone outside said family its simple. Split evenly accounting for any known debts.

It just gets skewed from peoples idea of what they owed verses what they are owed.

I honestly cant think of one example i know of where it went smoothly and people didnt fight over it.

I think this is the thing, it seems really straightforward and to someone outside said family its simple. Split evenly accounting for any known debts.

It just gets skewed from peoples idea of what they owed verses what they are owed.

I honestly cant think of one example i know of where it went smoothly and people didnt fight over it.
I think if you are going to be loaning money and stuff you really need a family trust where the accounting is done by an external party

You can't stop people feeling they are owed or entitled when it comes to wills/family estate

I saw it full on when great-grandma died as my Mum was the only grand-daughter and she'd been left a lot of her personal effects like jewellery, vases, atomizers and clothes and my Mum's Aunts were ***** and there was a mass argument in the kitchen as they squabbled and expected it to be given to them and took some but Mum let it go and only took what she liked to "keep the peace"

Brother has been told (by me, no parent or any official paperwork) that as first born I get everything. Hopefully he understands this when the time comes as I CBF working FT

Yeah I've always liked them a bit, very nostalgic, Hysteria was probably the first album I really listened to, my brother bought it when I was in grade 4.

I used to listen to John Peel on his BBC radio show. He started playing Def Leppard single "Getcha Rocks Off" before they had a record deal. He would tell you how to buy it. This was well before Spotify, electronic money transfers or even cheque books. You had go to the Post Office and hand over cash in exchange for a Postal Order made out to Bludgeon Riffola for £1. Then post it with a handwritten letter to the address Peel had said. Two weeks later it arrived in the mail. I've got the yellow label single which is semi-valuable but not nearly as much as the red label version that Joe Elliott and his Mum cobbled together.

Idk.

All I know is it doesnt transfer over. I got mine paid out at the end of my last school, which was fair enough cause I didnt go straight into another job, it was like a year gap between the two.
i just looked i have 92 days LSL and have accrued 50 days more of my next lot
AL i have around 45 days
personal/sick leave i have 210 days

It was an annoying bogan crowd. The big arena shows are annoying for a lot of reasons, last night was good though, both bands were a lot better than I expected.

Plenty of puppies when Tommy came from his drumming kit..

Yeah ..
Melbourne really has Melbourne park and RL ...
What's Rod Lever hold ? 8 /10 K.

Then it's the bigger places AAmi, Flemington race course ,docklands or MCG ....nothing inbetween.

I can see why some acts don't do RL because they have to do 2 or more nights ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After doing my tax this year and having to pay I get a message from the ATO on a quarterly installment plan. When I looked at it the numbers didn't seem to add up. A closer inspection reveled this wasn't for what was owed this year but for what they believe I will most likely owe next year. So they want me to pay my tax bill in advance and then they will refund the difference.
same

There's a lot of people believe a debt dies with the marker. More than a few deaths in Melbourne's gangland wars based upon the principle.

There's also a bunch of people who seem to think it's anything goes inside the house of the deceased.

Mind you, some wills are pretty s**t too. Leaving a dollar to the family member you didn't like just to embarrass them once more and get that final word, leaving bugger all to the children and the lion-share to the church, cutting certain non-adult children out of the will but not others, and so on.

Hopefully the next family shitfight over a will will be mine

You can't stop people feeling they are owed or entitled when it comes to wills/family estate

I saw it full on when great-grandma died as my Mum was the only grand-daughter and she'd been left a lot of her personal effects like jewellery, vases, atomizers and clothes and my Mum's Aunts were ***** and there was a mass argument in the kitchen as they squabbled and expected it to be given to them and took some but Mum let it go and only took what she liked to "keep the peace"
And they end up on Antiques Roadshow with a $50k item and thank their Grandmother for leaving it to them

You should get a letter about it in MyGov from the ATO and you can opt out of it in certain circumstances and pay annually as detailed in the letter.

If you do your own taxes and don’t use a tax agent, you should be able to opt in to annual as long as you do it before the first installment is due. You then just need to make sure you do your annual tax return before 31 October next year.
It is a opt in but I thought they were being nice and offering a payment plan for me. Instead they are being a much of campaigners that are and trying to get my money long before I have to give it to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back