Mega Thread Things that s**t me part XII - The Twelfth One!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did it have glaze or no glaze?

8120546728_2a8e9cae31.jpg
They look tasty.

I agree, but do those ones ever actually get funded? The frustrating thing for me is that this probably will

Im sure the "influencers" who just happen to be hot fake titted blondes who only ever wear bikinis would get some cash.

My daughter was telling me they are real and important and you cant use fake followers to inflate your popularity.

Teenagers are stupid.

This whole Craig McLachlan thing. He's complaining about his life being a 'horror show' (did lol at this description), maybe he should have thought about the consequences before he allegedly touched women. While I agree innocent until proven guilty is fair game, there can't be this many claims without any shade of truth behind it. I posted something similar on FB last night and someone ripped out the innocent until proven guilty thing, but they couldn't give me an answer when I asked how would you feel if you were one of the victims, or if someone you know was. I suspect because this would have deconstructed their whole argument. And essentially, innocent until proven guilty is accusing all these women of lying.

You make your bed, you lie in it. I have 0 sympathy for the filthy pig.

Problem with the retic at a place. They send out some flog who charged $170 to go out there and have a look and then reckoned we needed all this pipe replaced, all solenoids replaced, maybe some wiring and there's apparently no master valve so he needs to get his plumber in and the control box is on it's way out and probably needs replacing too. Quote comes in at well over $1000. I know for a fact the control box was replaced 2 years ago. Send someone else out there and he says I don't know what this other guy is on about, there's one dodgy solenoid that needs replacing. $200 inc labour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wat?

They’re ******* awesome. Make great pets too.
They're in plague proportions in Perth these days along with pink and greys and rainbow lorikeets - none of which are native to Perth. No government has done anything about it for about 20 years now so they just keep breeding, keep taking all the nesting hollows, keep eating all the food. Meanwhile the more placid and native Carnaby's and Baudin's cockatoos are slowly being pushed out and will most probably all be extinct in the not too distant future.

They're in plague proportions in Perth these days along with pink and greys and rainbow lorikeets - none of which are native to Perth. No government has done anything about it for about 20 years now so they just keep breeding, keep taking all the nesting hollows, keep eating all the food. Meanwhile the more placid and native Carnaby's and Baudin's cockatoos are slowly being pushed out and will most probably all be extinct in the not too distant future.
Stop building houses in their nesting grounds and they wont look further afield

Nailed it. Love seeing Carnabys and red tails, but those White Corellas are a menace. Not just in Perth either, but through a lot of WA. Culling animals is never nice, but needs to be done with them.

Nailed it. Love seeing Carnabys and red tails, but those White Corellas are a menace. Not just in Perth either, but through a lot of WA. Culling animals is never nice, but needs to be done with them.
Yep and state and local governments keep handballing it to each other saying it's the others responsibility because neither wants to pay for it.

Meanwhile..

No you're completely wrong.
http://birdlife.org.au/bird-profile/little-corella

Habitat
Little Corellas often form large flocks, especially along watercourses and where seeding grasses are found.

ie parks and school and footy ovals.

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/lc_resource_doc.pdf

1. Introduction Most Australians value and enjoy native wildlife. Native birds are an intrinsic and colourful part of our lives. However, with changing land use, urban forestation and environmental and agricultural management practices, the balance of many species has altered. Some native species that were abundant are now threatened and conversely, some species with naturally low population numbers have become abundant. Many Australian native birds have the potential to be labelled as pests. Given the modification and urbanisation of many natural areas, birds in both urban and rural areas are more prone to be at conflict with humans as they compete for food, water and refuge. In many parts of Australia people experience some problems related to native birds. The nature and scale of the problem differ according to the species present, type of land use (e.g. industrial, horticultural, agricultural or residential), natural biodiversity features of a region and the population dynamics of the native species concerned. The pest potential of native birds is linked to the behaviour of species, their local distribution and abundance and the nature of the habitat modification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back