Mega Thread Things that s**t me part XII - The Twelfth One!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had a platter at a Indian restaurant, i was sweating bullets, my eyes were watering, my face was red the owner saw me and came over and asked if it was too hot, he tried some and even he thought it was too hot, he then went and berated the cook, i dont mind spice but not at the sake of not enjoying the meal
I was at the Jasmin last month and they did a tandoori mushroom which was amazing.

Yeah I don't get why people would want to eat super spicy food that feels like your mouth is on fire and makes you sweat like a pig with your eyes watering.

The spiciest curry I would eat is a Madras which is still pretty bloody spicy but not so much that it overtakes the flavour and makes you uncomfortable.

There's no way I would touch a Vindaloo or a Phal.
Vindaloo can be great. I had one at Jasmin (Gough) and, while it had a lot of kick to it, it still has the right balance of flavour to make it really enjoyable. However, I also had one at Beyond India which was nothing but intense spice with no flavour. I stopped eating after a few mouthfuls because it just wasn't a pleasant experience at all.

Vindaloo can be great. I had one at Jasmin (Gough) and, while it had a lot of kick to it, it still has the right balance of flavour to make it really enjoyable. However, I also had one at Beyond India which was nothing but intense spice with no flavour. I stopped eating after a few mouthfuls because it just wasn't a pleasant experience at all.

Beyond india always makes it too hot, even the "mild" meals there can be warm

In fairness, I don't think actually they should increase their spiciness at all- considering their product and market.

Besides they've got their Extra Bloody hot sauce available.:)

Exactly, if it's not hot enough just add fresh chilli or hot sauce. You can make s**t hotter but can't do much if it's too hot.

I like my food very spicy to be honest, have a shitload of chili plants going at home at the moment, it's the way to do it, v expensive to buy chillis at the supermarket, especially the really hot ones.

Spicy food is an acquired taste the more you have it the more you’ll want. You can’t just try the spiciest curry and think you’ll like it if you barely eat spicy food. Gotta start real mild and get used to that, then move to something hotter etc etc.

I know a lot who used to hate the mildest of spice yet now cant stand food without kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly, if it's not hot enough just add fresh chilli or hot sauce. You can make s**t hotter but can't do much if it's too hot.

I like my food very spicy to be honest, have a shitload of chili plants going at home at the moment, it's the way to do it, v expensive to buy chillis at the supermarket, especially the really hot ones.

Sounds like life is good.

I have a rack of super hot sauces at home. Loved that Araleun Chilli Festival two months ago.

Pity the two chilli plants I have at home have just been growing leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back