Things You Don't Give a s**t About

Remove this Banner Ad

The comedy festival. I get some mates that go every year, I've never paid it any attention at all and to be honest comedy as a whole is something I don't give a s**t about.

I do have a sense of humour and enjoy a laugh, but I've never been one to watch stand up.

I did too. Not sure they warrant a '20th anniversary' tour though. Surely that is for iconic albums or legendary bands (or both). Killing Heidi are doing a 20th anniversary tour of that one album of theirs that had moderate success.

Maybe I'm missing something but Grinspoon were huge when I was at high school back in the day. Plenty of my high school friends very keen to go to the reunion shows.

Personally I'm waiting for a Matchbox 20 or Goo Goo Dolls reunion show. :straining:

Aborigines? I think that's a bit 1950s.

Anyway, the people that push 'Invasion Day' the strongest are the whitest shade of white.

I don't believe that's true. What are you basing this on?

The comedy festival. I get some mates that go every year, I've never paid it any attention at all and to be honest comedy as a whole is something I don't give a s**t about.

I do have a sense of humour and enjoy a laugh, but I've never been one to watch stand up.
I don't understand not 'liking' stand-up; I mean, it's people telling funny jokes or stories, what's not to like. I can understand not finding the right kind of stand-up for one's sense of humour. But good stand-up is phenomenal.

I don't understand not 'liking' stand-up; I mean, it's people telling funny jokes or stories, what's not to like. I can understand not finding the right kind of stand-up for one's sense of humour. But good stand-up is phenomenal.
It's not that I don't like it, more that I just have never cared for it.

Maybe I'm missing something but Grinspoon were huge when I was at high school back in the day. Plenty of my high school friends very keen to go to the reunion shows.

Personally I'm waiting for a Matchbox 20 or Goo Goo Dolls reunion show. :straining:
Matchbox 20 are great.

Goo Goo Dolls knew how to write a good tune too.

I kind of agree with him. There are a few that I really like (e.g. Bill Burr, Nick Di Paolo) but mostly I find it difficult to engage with stand up routines as the performance aspect of it makes it hard for me to find someone funny if that makes sense?

There are a lot of comedians who I enjoy listening to/watching on podcasts, panels etc where they are just being themselves, naturally dropping jokes and telling funny stories but when I see them performing a routine in front of a crowd I just can't get into it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There aren't many stand ups that I could sit through an hour plus long show of theirs, even some of the funniest ones can get tiresome after a while.

That's why those festival shows where each stand up only does 5 minutes are popular, if someone sucks at least they'll get replaced by someone else soon.

I kind of agree with him. There are a few that I really like (e.g. Bill Burr, Nick Di Paolo) but mostly I find it difficult to engage with stand up routines as the performance aspect of it makes it hard for me to find someone funny if that makes sense?

There are a lot of comedians who I enjoy listening to/watching on podcasts, panels etc where they are just being themselves, naturally dropping jokes and telling funny stories but when I see them performing a routine in front of a crowd I just can't get into it.
Fair enough, personally I find great stand-up more enjoyable than a great movie. To find that comedian that can have you pissing yourself laughing for half an hour to an hour is amazing. But some of the best stand-up I have seen recently is not from famous comedians, it's from relative unknowns on ABC2's Comedy Next Gen.

Words cannot express how little I give a s**t about social media... I've started seeing someone who has them all, literally every single one including several I've never heard of which she uses constantly. I on the other hand don't even have a facebook account which is almost unheard of for someone my age (early 30s)

She is having a difficult time wrapping her head around how this is possible

Words cannot express how little I give a s**t about social media... I've started seeing someone who has them all, literally every single one including several I've never heard of which she uses constantly. I on the other hand don't even have a facebook account which is almost unheard of for someone my age (early 30s)

She is having a difficult time wrapping her head around how this is possible
I prefer forums as my social media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back