Prediction Throw Your Darts, Closest to the Pin Trade Outcomes

Remove this Banner Ad

As the title suggests, closest to the correct guess wins...
Bragging rights

Carlton
out Picks 6 & F3 in Cerra

Fremantle
Out Cerra in pick 6 & F3
--------------------------------------------
Carlton
out SPS & F4 in Pick 29

Eagles
Out SPS & F4 in SPS
---------------------------------------------
Carlton
out Picks 61 in Young

Western Bulldogs
Out Young in pick 61
----------------------------------------------
Carlton
Out: Pick 6, SPS, F3, F4 & 61
In: Cerra, Young & Pick 29 (FA - Hewett)

Draft: 25, 29 & 5th Round (Rookie Upgrade)
-----------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Carlton
out Picks 6 & 35 in Cerra

Fremantle
Out Cerra in pick 6 & 35
Carlton
out SPS & F3 in Pick 35 & 52

Eagles
Out Pick 35 & 52 in SPS & F3
Carlton
out Picks 61 in Young

WB
Out Young in pick 61

Last edited:

This is probably unrealistic, but at least it's complicated?

SPS, 25, 64 for Eagles 29,35,52, 68 <-- Values SPS at pick 30. I think this is somewhat realistic, but WC could keep 68 if necessary, it doesn't mess any other plans.

29, 35, 52 for Young & 17 <-- Values Young at Pick 42. While this might seem a bit of a stretch as the dogs can probably shop 17 to someone like Richmond, this trade gives them a good value for Young, arguably better than he will get in a straight trade. It also doesn't stop them from splitting a few of these picks down to try pick up some more points, although at this stage they would get them within striking distance of a bid for Darcy if it came after pick 3 (I can't see it coming before...)

This leaves us with 6, 17, 68 and 82. Now to bring in Cerra, we give Freo a challenge.

We give pick 6, our future 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds in exchange for Cerra and their future 2nd, 3rd and 4th round.
Based on both team's positions this year, this values Cerra at basically Pick 5. But, if Freo thinks that they are going to outperform us significantly, then this could elevate his value up a couple of spots. However, if we improve past them, we get to claw back a bit of value. Put this offer on the table and see whether they want to spend the next year worrying about their ladder position, or give them the option of of just our future 4th. Lets make this a bit of fun for everyone.

So in the washup, the results are:

WCE : SPS, 10, 25, 64, 86
Dogs: 29, 35, 52, 75, 93
Freo: 6, 8, 27, 84, Carltons F2, F3, F4.
Carlton: Young, Cerra, 17, 68, 82, Freos F2, F3, F4.

SPS, 25, 64 for Eagles 29,35,52, 68 <-- Values SPS at pick 30. I think this is somewhat realistic, but WC could keep 68 if necessary, it doesn't mess any other plans.

29, 35, 52 for Young & 17 <-- Values Young at Pick 42. While this might seem a bit of a stretch as the dogs can probably shop 17 to someone like Richmond, this trade gives them a good value for Young, arguably better than he will get in a straight trade. It also doesn't stop them from splitting a few of these picks down to try pick up some more points, although at this stage they would get them within striking distance of a bid for Darcy if it came after pick 3 (I can't see it coming before...)

This leaves us with 6, 17, 68 and 82. Now to bring in Cerra, we give Freo a challenge.

We give pick 6, our future 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds in exchange for Cerra and their future 2nd, 3rd and 4th round.
Based on both team's positions this year, this values Cerra at basically Pick 5. But, if Freo thinks that they are going to outperform us significantly, then this could elevate his value up a couple of spots. However, if we improve past them, we get to claw back a bit of value. Put this offer on the table and see whether they want to spend the next year worrying about their ladder position, or give them the option of of just our future 4th. Lets make this a bit of fun for everyone.

Looks good on paper, but Dockers would be concerned that we finish ahead of them next year

I like that SPS trade giving them 25 for 29 + 35 + 65

Cerra + Future 3rd for 6 + 35

Young + future 4th for either our or freo's future 3rd.

Go to the draft with 29 + 61 + 65 and have a bonus 4th round pick next year.

Nice idea. Tigs going to be hard to outbid for #17, and Dogs are in a great position with a number of clubs that will be interested (maybe Adelaide or Hawthorn too). 29, 35 & 52 is 1421 points - a solid offer for 17 (1025). I'm sure Dogs would consider it. But... Tigs will come back with 28, 38, 47 (1458), and still have 26 and 42 up their sleeves, and it wouldn't require Dogs giving up Young.

It's worth pursuing, but I can't see us out-bidding Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bragging rights

Carlton

Fremantle
Out Cerra in pick 6 & F3
Carlton
out SPS & F4 in Pick 29

Eagles
Out SPS & F4 in SPS
Carlton
out Picks 61 in Young

Western Bulldogs
Out Young in pick 61
Carlton

wow - on the knocker for Cerra.

Bragging rights

Carlton

Fremantle
Out Cerra in pick 6 & F3
Carlton
out SPS & F4 in Pick 29

Eagles
Out SPS & F4 in SPS
Carlton
out Picks 61 in Young

Western Bulldogs
Out Young in pick 61
Carlton

So far so good - let's see how the rest pans out, but I'll be happy with all of these remaining trades :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back