Time to do away with the health and safety protocol?

Remove this Banner Ad

baz77

Debutant
Feb 12, 2002
North Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Time for the AFL to review it’s “health and safety protocol” as it’s moved beyond past it’s use by date? We don’t see players being forced to side line for other illness such as the flu. I’d hate to be the player or players who miss out playing in the finals or grand final just because they caught Covid despite being fit without symptoms.

Time for the AFL to review it’s “health and safety protocol” as it’s moved beyond past it’s use by date? We don’t see players being forced to side line for other illness such as the flu. I’d hate to be the player or players who miss out playing in the finals or grand final just because they caught Covid despite being fit without symptoms.
what team would want someone with covid hanging out in close proximity to the rest of their list?

sure, they may not have symptoms or be impacted, but do you wanna take the chance that the other 40 players on your list are also as lucky?

The afl sends players off with a slight cut to prevent the impossible transmission of blood borne diseases like aids. i dont think its unreasonable for the afl to have players sit out a game when theyre at risk of spreading the most contagious and deadly disease we've seen in 100 years or so.

lets not forget that covid has killed 7-8000 people in australia this year already, despite all the vaccines and safety measures, which has it well on track to be the leading cause of death for all of australia. In the flu's worst year it killed about 900. We dont need to arbitrarily live in isolation to prevent the spread anymore, but we still need to be sensible when and isolate when people have been exposed. missing a game of footy seems a very minor price to pay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back