Rumour Tippett to the lions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Let me first point out that this is 3rd hand information, so i can't ensure its true

The word on the street is that the trade is done

Tippett to the Lions
Clark to the Eagles
Ebert + first round pick to the Crows

Thremo I didn't add this to the trade thread due to its ststus as a rumour, however feel free to move it if you want to.

Won't happen.

Adelaide have already pulled out of the Ebert race. Ebert will go to Port. Adelaide management have said this, just a few days ago.

However, if Tippett is heading North at the end of 2012, he will go to the Lions. 90% sure.

We don't have the coin for him, and they do. They won't be able to get a trade done for him at the moment since he's in contract, but when he's out of contract and wants to head back home, the Lions is where he will be.

With that said, maybe Tippo will re-sign at the end of next year with the Crows. :D

But yeah, that 3-way won't happen.

Let me first point out that this is 3rd hand information, so i can't ensure its true

The word on the street is that the trade is done

Tippett to the Lions
Clark to the Eagles
Ebert + first round pick to the Crows

Thremo I didn't add this to the trade thread due to its ststus as a rumour, however feel free to move it if you want to.

Rumour is Tippett to GC for a pick. Ebert to Port will almost 100% happen, much the same for Clark to the Eagles. Potentially Ebert goes to Port with a pick, which goes to the Lions, which sees Clark go to the Eagles :confused: ...something like that anyway.

You mean Kurt Tippett right? Thought Joel Tippett is delisted.

From the Australian.

Adelaide reaffirms Kurt Tippert will be playing for Crows next season

Greg Denham From: The Australian October 08, 2011 12:00AM

ON the eve of the annual player-exchange period, Adelaide yesterday sent a timely reminder to rival clubs to stay clear of contracted full-forward Kurt Tippett.
Reiterating what he said last month, Crows chief executive Steven Trigg told The Weekend Australian Tippett would be playing for Adelaide next year, honouring the final year of his existing contract.

"We have no intention to do any deals to trade Kurt and he will play for us in 2012," Trigg said.

Contrary to speculation that the Queenslander has an escape clause in his contract relating to next season, Trigg was emphatic Tippett was staying put. "There is no contract clause exit for him," Trigg said.

Tippett, also a competent back-up ruckman, failed to get going this year due to a series of injuries, but kicked 31 goals in 18 games after kicking 46 and 55 goals in his previous two full seasons.

Gold Coast is optimistic Tippett will join the Suns when his contract expires, while Brisbane's main target over the next nine days is to attract a key forward to replace Mitch Clark, who is relocating to Western Australia.

The Crows, however, will have a few changes of personnel next season with three players _ ruckman Ivan Maric, forward Jack Gunston and half-back Tony Armstrong _ all asking to be traded.

Maric will cross to Richmond for a draft selection, Gunston is being wooed by North Melbourne and front-runners Hawthorn, while Armstrong is expected to be with Sydney for the next few years.

The Crows are also keen to secure little-used St Kilda forward Tom Lynch, who has played just one game for the Saints in each of the past two seasons after being a first-round selection in the 2008 national draft.

From the AFL website, now either my source is spot on or these guys read too much big footy, I guess we will see over the next few days.

A Mitch Clark-Kurt Tippett super trade?
Mitch Clark is the biggest name yet to come out and openly seek a trade. The versatile Brisbane Lions tall wants to return home to Western Australia after six seasons at the Gabba and both WA clubs are interested.

Fremantle has been installed as the favourite to snare Clark, but recent speculation has had West Coast making a late play for the Lion. The Eagles have reportedly floated a trade based on Clark becoming an Eagle, Eagles midfielder Brad Ebert joining the Crows and Crows key forward Kurt Tippett flying home to Queensland and entering the Lions' den.

But the Advertiser's chief football writer Michelangelo Rucci reports that this scenario is unlikely to play out, with the Crows declaring Tippett will not be traded. It had been reported that Tippett had an exit clause in his contract requiring the Crows to trade him to Gold Coast next year for a second or third-round draft pick.

But Crows chief executive Steven Trigg said there was no such clause in Tippett's contract, Rucci reports.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys,

From our board...

Just to put rest some of the speculation surrounding Kurt Tippett, the Club can confirm that it absolutely won't be using BOTH of its first round selections (Picks 8 & 12) to get the big Adelaide forward.

So never fear, the Lions will certainly be active in the first round of the draft. Whether it's with one or two picks is yet to be determined.

Like to see Kurt home at some stage, hopefully one of us land him, whether this year, or the next....

Ahh, interesting. I would think with Clark gone and Browny getting older, Tippett would be good for Brissy. Karnesis & Cornelius aren't massive forwards and KT might be a good fit. He'll be playing in queensland next season, I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back