Recommitted Toby Nankervis [ Re-Signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

OOC ..its sort of make it difficult to be too recalcitrant .. R2 pick ..probably around the mark. Has he had a contract put to him yet?
Haven't heard anything but there's the obvious reason for that. You'd think there would be a few suitors if he did decide to leave. Gws, cats, lions, essendon and maybe a couple others that'd help bump up the price a bit perhaps.

Haven't heard anything but there's the obvious reason for that. You'd think there would be a few suitors if he did decide to leave. Gws, cats, lions, essendon and maybe a couple others that'd help bump up the price a bit perhaps.

Maybe... these sort of competitions tend to set a reasonable price but really it becomes only the club the player chooses.. unless a deal cant be done. Usually clubs at the top just trust their system.. wish him the best move the player ..and move on. Especially if the Tigers have a young kid chaffing for a chance.

Last edited:

I thought Nank was surplus last year but Soldo has gone backwards this year.

Would have let him go but now I'm having second thoughts...

God he’d be good for the dogs but means English will have to play more FF and I’m just not sure about that... might ruin his development

God he’d be good for the dogs but means English will have to play more FF and I’m just not sure about that... might ruin his development
Dont see anything wrong with that s English looks to be extremely good in the foward line and Nank is also a beast when he does play foward, This could be a pretty good combo and fix the Doggies fwd issue's as well as give English another 2-3 years to develop his crap and save his body rom being smashed all game.

Brisbane would lso be a good option with Big O/Nank Combo with O playing more foward

2 x Premiership Ruckman 26 year old , I would say pick #20-#25 would be roughly his range in a trade

You'd be better off trading for a forward. English might be the best ruck in the comp in a couple of years. Might be getting a bit tired this year but will only be better again next season.

Don't think you need Nankervis. He'd probably go OK at a place like Carlton or North.

You have Naughton, Bruce and the incoming Ugle-Hagan as KPF's. Bruce should be learning to play ruck a bit better to help out English.

I know Bruce is B-grade but he's just there to look after Naughton for a bit. When he's in form he's decent.

Dont see anything wrong with that s English looks to be extremely good in the foward line and Nank is also a beast when he does play foward, This could be a pretty good combo and fix the Doggies fwd issue's as well as give English another 2-3 years to develop his crap and save his body rom being smashed all game.

Brisbane would lso be a good option with Big O/Nank Combo with O playing more foward

2 x Premiership Ruckman 26 year old , I would say pick #20-#25 would be roughly his range in a trade

We (Bris) tried to get Ceglar last year and have been looking for another ruckman for a while. I agree we should be interested - O has done a decent job in the ruck but we lose a lot with him playing less minutes up forward.

So who's leaving, Soldo or Chol or CCJ? Can't see all four being happy to coexist.
I think 4 will be on the list next year, then it’s a battle for spots. CCJ might be enough of a forward to play in the team with Nankervis as number 1 ruck. I’m not sure of the long term future of Soldo and Chol.

So who's leaving, Soldo or Chol or CCJ? Can't see all four being happy to coexist.
My Guess would be its out of Soldo & Nank

CCJ is our future and the player we would hate to lose the most , Chol is a Hybrid fwd/Ruck that is just scratching the surface of what he might become
With another year development into CCJ i think tigers would e OK with losing 1 o Soldo/Nank but wouldnt surprise me to see all remin to be honest

My Guess would be its out of Soldo & Nank

CCJ is our future and the player we would hate to lose the most , Chol is a Hybrid fwd/Ruck that is just scratching the surface of what he might become
With another year development into CCJ i think tigers would e OK with losing 1 o Soldo/Nank but wouldnt surprise me to see all remin to be honest
Can't see a need for both Soldo & Nank to be honest - the future seems to be CCJ with Chol a forward/no 2 ruck. Soldo will play for a couple of years as he's a beast and can protect the two kids as they develop. That leaves Nank on the market as an experienced ruck.
I'd like him at the bulldogs but if he's willing to move back to Sydney he'd be among GWS' most important players very very quickly, seems a good fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see a need for both Soldo & Nank to be honest - the future seems to be CCJ with Chol a forward/no 2 ruck. Soldo will play for a couple of years as he's a beast and can protect the two kids as they develop. That leaves Nank on the market as an experienced ruck.
I'd like him at the bulldogs but if he's willing to move back to Sydney he'd be among GWS' most important players very very quickly, seems a good fit.
Personally i agree with that

Soldo is younger and still developing as well as being a beast, He is also cheaper for Richmond to keep
Nankervis has 2 flags in his pocket and has not been on big dollars at Sydney or Richmond and will most likely be looking to set himself up or his future and would make sense for him to move for dollars but not sure it would be GWS which could offer that but they are the club that would need him the most.

He would suit the doggies perfectly imo with his ability to go foward and kick a goal , English/Nank combo would work well

Personally i agree with that

Soldo is younger and still developing as well as being a beast, He is also cheaper for Richmond to keep
Nankervis has 2 flags in his pocket and has not been on big dollars at Sydney or Richmond and will most likely be looking to set himself up or his future and would make sense for him to move for dollars but not sure it would be GWS which could offer that but they are the club that would need him the most.

He would suit the doggies perfectly imo with his ability to go foward and kick a goal , English/Nank combo would work well

Good points.

Nanks kicking is exceptional for a ruckman. Played as a midfielder when he was younger/smaller so definitely doesn't have the 'awkwardness' that seems to plague a lot of the big rucks.

TOBY NANKERVIS (RICH)

Draft picks:
Early-to-mid second-round pick
Value on open market: $450,000-550,000 per season

The whole situation around Nankervis changed the moment Tigers premiership ruck partner Ivan Soldo ruptured his ACL, ruling him out of the entire 2021 season. Before that point, rivals had believed the 26-year-old Nankervis was gettable with Soldo poised to pass him as the Tigers' No.1 big man. Will still have offers to leave but the Tigers can't afford to lose him. Crossed to the Tigers for pick 46 at the end of 2016 but now has two flags to his name.

Shouldn't GWS just go hard at Nankervis? What's another 1st/2nd round pick going to do for them?

...and leave Richmond with just Chol & Bigoa Nyuon as Ruck options for Round 1 2021?

Can't see Nankervis going anywhere now.

Im a Tiger supporter and would hate to lose Nank specially after Soldo going down but GWS would be mad not to go after a Ruckman that has 2 premierships and can do it on his own or in combination with another Ruck as well as being a competent foward when thrown there.

Real Work horse and has 6 year in him left.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back