Preview Today!!! Rd 1v Freo at Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with that, but we do match Freo in the clinches and the likes of Higgins, Dumont, Ahern, Simpkin, Polec and Hall give us a distinct advantage on the outside. Higgins, Ahern & Polec are always dangerous with ball in hand. Bailey will also join that group soon enough.

Our issue v Saints was formulating scoring shots from inside 50, and in my opinion the heat had an impact on our level of run.
Agreed. But Freo has one major advantage - the home ground. Had this been played at Marvel Stadium or even some neutral ground - I'd say we'd be warm favorites, even without Taz. But in Perth Freo are $1.76 and IMO bookmakers generally get the odds right.

Doesn't mean we can't win of course.

Agreed. But Freo has one major advantage - the home ground. Had this been played at Marvel Stadium or even some neutral ground - I'd say we'd be warm favorites, even without Taz. But in Perth Freo are $1.76 and IMO bookmakers generally get the odds right.

Doesn't mean we can't win of course.

It's big and spacious mate. Will suit us more as the game goes on.

Agree with that, but we do match Freo in the clinches and the likes of Higgins, Dumont, Ahern, Simpkin, Polec and Hall give us a distinct advantage on the outside. Higgins, Ahern & Polec are always dangerous with ball in hand. Bailey will also join that group soon enough.

Our issue v Saints was formulating scoring shots from inside 50, and in my opinion the heat had an impact on our level of run.

We don't generate enough scoring opportunities through our small/medium forwards.

Opposition small/mediums destroy us routinely.

We don't generate enough scoring opportunities through our small/medium forwards.

Opposition small/mediums destroy us routinely.

That remains to be seen, considering I expect them to be making position for scoring shots rather than chasing the arses of opposition midfielders.

Meanwhile I actually talked football on the freo board and didn’t bring up anything not related to a north v freo game and got thread banned. Kimbo got thread banned for saying I said nothing wrong. And then accused of being me.
I would have expressed profound indignation at the merest suggestion I was you, were I not thread banned. :cool:

So what did Good Friday have to do with the game?

Gaff? He’s as relevant to the game discussion as freo’s empty trophy cabinet.
Haha the funniest part is the reason i brought up Gaff was in reply to someone mentioning our flags, so youve kinda just done exactly what i did. Quick ban him now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha have you seen freo win a flag?

So how come you can sling s**t at Freo but i can't say anything slightly negative about a North player or the team with stats or data to back up what i'm saying without you nearly crying. You don't have to agree with it and if you want to bring stats to argue against anything i'm saying go for it. But i doubt you have the brain capacity. I mean you can't even work out that right now you are contradicting your whole meltdown earlier. Whether you like it or not it is a fact that Aaron Hall was dropped by the second worst team in the comp last year and then they let him go for nothing. That's not me needlessly slinging s**t towards him, it's just what happened

So how come you can sling s**t at Freo but i can't say anything slightly negative about a North player or the team with stats or data to back up what i'm saying without you nearly crying. You don't have to agree with it and if you want to bring stats to argue against anything i'm saying go for it. But i doubt you have the brain capacity. I mean you can't even work out that right now you are contradicting your whole meltdown earlier. Whether you like it or not it is a fact that Aaron Hall was dropped by the second worst team in the comp last year and then they let him go for nothing. That's not me needlessly slinging s**t towards him, it's just what happened

Soooooooo no, you haven’t seen freo win a flag.

It’s ok. Neither have I.

Soooooooo no, you haven’t seen freo win a flag.

It’s ok. Neither have I.

Haha stop trying to bait me into saying something about North that will get me thread banned. I know you really want me gone and it may shock you but I don't actually have a personal vendetta against North Melbourne. You can say what you want about us but i'm not going to needlessly insult your club back. Im here to talk about the round one game against us, and factors that may influence the end result.

Haha stop trying to bait me into saying something about North that will get me thread banned. I know you really want me gone and it may shock you but I don't actually have a personal vendetta against North Melbourne. You can say what you want about us but i'm not going to needlessly insult your club back. Im here to talk about the round one game against us, and factors that may influence the end result.

Please enjoy the moral high ground then.

Now back to freos history of failure then..... how many flags have you seen?

Well here's some stats.

In 2018 Aaron Hall averaged:

18.5 disposals
2.3 tackles
2.5 i50s
1.5 Clearances

Admittedly not fantastic numbers, however in 2016 & 2017 :

27.8 / 25.6 Disposals
3.7 / 3.6 tackles
5.3 / 5.0 i50s
3.1 / 2.2 Clearances

He only played 6 games last year and as you said got dropped, but he has exposed elite form and we have a good track record of getting the best out of talented but maligned players coming from other clubs (Higgins & Waite)

(Also on Saturday despite playing less than a quarter of footy he still racked up 8 disposals, 2 clearances and a tackle)

Well here's some stats.

In 2018 Aaron Hall averaged:

18.5 disposals
2.3 tackles
2.5 i50s
1.5 Clearances

Admittedly not fantastic numbers, however in 2016 & 2017 :

27.8 / 25.6 Disposals
3.7 / 3.6 tackles
5.3 / 5.0 i50s
3.1 / 2.2 Clearances

He only played 6 games last year and as you said got dropped, but he has exposed elite form and we have a good track record of getting the best out of talented but maligned players coming from other clubs (Higgins & Waite)

(Also on Saturday despite playing less than a quarter of footy he still racked up 8 disposals, 2 clearances and a tackle)

He was definitely a very good player at a point in time but last year by anyone's standards was a very bad year, he just got found out a bit similar to what happened with JJ i think. As soon as teams starting giving him attention he couldn't really handle it. He may overcome it but I think he will struggle. In the years he was good he had Gary Ablett to take the tag off him. Now you could argue that the better mids at North will take the attention off him but I think clubs know now that you just have to give him a little bit of attention and he can't handle it. In my opinion he won't get back to that form of a few years ago but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back