Tom Liberatore vs Jack Ziebell

Liberatore vs Ziebell

• Liberatore

Votes: 136 68.3%
  • Ziebell

Votes: 63 31.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think you quite understand Ziebell's role. He plays a similar role to your Watson/Kennedy types. Spends the majority of the game in the midfield contests and rests forward a bit.

Then spends large chunks on the bench.

You are banking on him improving his fitness, which he has been, but still needs to improve considerably.

30 is tough to do because players rarely play the full 22.

Just being a goal a game mid this year was a huge effort. The only mids to average more goals were Harvey, Selwood, Ablett and Dangerfield.

30 is tough to do because players rarely play the full 22.

Just being a goal a game mid this year was a huge effort. The only mids to average more goals were Harvey, Selwood, Ablett and Dangerfield.

Pretty good company.

You only need to look at the names to see that goal kicking mids are always rated the highest.

It's one of the reasons why Leigh Matthews is rated the greatest player of all time.

As d
Zeibell's role would need to change considerably to regularly kick 30 goals a season. When was the last time an inside mid kicked 30 goals in a season?

As Dan said, Dangerfield did it this year, and Ziebell is starting to rest forward a lot more than your usual inside mid. He only really started doing it regularly for the second half of the season and kicked 20 from 18 games, 30 is certainly achievable.

As d

As Dan said, Dangerfield did it this year, and Ziebell is starting to rest forward a lot more than your usual inside mid. He only really started doing it regularly for the second half of the season and kicked 20 from 18 games, 30 is certainly achievable.

Its attainable but I can't see him doing it regularly unless he starts spending a lot more time in the forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll hold my judgement on that till we play the dogs next week

Have a feeling you might give us a belting. We're coming back from Perth on a shorter break with 35C forecast for the game. Plus your side will probably be breathing fire after having your pants pulled down this week.

Have a feeling you might give us a belting. We're coming back from Perth on a shorter break with 35C forecast for the game. Plus your side will probably be breathing fire after having your pants pulled down this week.

It's been a long time since all our best players played badly all at the same time. I expect us and especially Jack to come out with a lot to prove.

Then again I thought that this week

Yeah a bit worried too, if they put up anything like what they did last night though we can get them for sure.

That's the difference. When Liberatore is poor he at least still gets the ball.
I agree JZ's 20+ possies are usually really good for us or he has a sub 15 game. Libba seems to get the pill either way. Didn't see the game but he was sitting on about 10 and only really cranked it up numbers wise after the game over. Is that a fair statement?

Ziebell didn't crank anything up at any time on Friday. Hopefully he pull his finger out on Sunday.

I agree JZ's 20+ possies are usually really good for us or he has a sub 15 game. Libba seems to get the pill either way. Didn't see the game but he was sitting on about 10 and only really cranked it up numbers wise after the game over. Is that a fair statement?

I was on the road and being based in regional SA I don't get to see the Dogs play much at all but when I did check the scores online I was surprised at how little he got of the ball. Was a slow start for him so unluckily any good play he did have was in "junk time".

Back