Free Agency Tom Rockliff [signed with Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Lions let him go they would be mad. Unlike the homesick toddlers who have been running to their mummies in recent years from nasty Brisbane to wherever Rockcliff is not actually pressuring them to go. Look at his stats in a team constantly struggling. If he is negotiating for a bit more then good for him, he is the Captain and worth a bit more.

Mate, Maxwell is a Premiership Captain. Best you pick a different target i reckon.

I'd be interested if you went back a few years on Big Footy and checked the masses opinion of Maxwell as a captain. All the more ironic since he now makes a quid in mentoring roles.

Long and the short of it is Rockliff is in the worst possible position. Even Hodge would struggle to get much out of the Lions with Leppa and their disfunctional front office. Easy target for mine.

Edit, here you go...
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/nick-maxwell-courageous-captain-or-pathetic-sniper.579806/

Leppitsch saying there's no one in line (melbourne cup quote) to take over from him. In a pickle then aren't they.

I think Mitch Robinson probably becomes co-captain or sole captain. Either way, I'm confident Rockliff will be at the Lions in 2017. We'll certainly be boosting resources across the board including leadership.

I think Mitch Robinson probably becomes co-captain or sole captain. Either way, I'm confident Rockliff will be at the Lions in 2017. We'll certainly be boosting resources across the board including leadership.

Zorko would become captain Id have thought.

Rockliff would be a great fit at the crows but I hope he stays a Brisbane. But something is telling me hawthorn may make a play here. Would slot strait in to their midfield. And what better club to sort out his perceived attitude problem. No denying that would be thinking about next years free agents

Rockliff would be a great fit at the crows but I hope he stays a Brisbane. But something is telling me hawthorn may make a play here. Would slot strait in to their midfield. And what better club to sort out his perceived attitude problem. No denying that would be thinking about next years free agents
Can't see him at hawthorn at all. Doesn't he want 800k or something?

If Mitch Robinson becomes Captain I will eat my keyboard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see him at hawthorn at all. Doesn't he want 800k or something?
If the figures that we are hearing about for hodge Burgoyne and co are around the 250k mark surely Hawks have some room. Cyril would be underpaid, Lewis and gunston would be around 500 and chip at 700. I'm expecting you guys to add 2 premium midfielders over the next year or 2. As good as your young guys are they are not dynasty building talent that you have had and you don't get those guys at pick 18 anyway

Zorko would become captain Id have thought.

If Mitch Robinson becomes Captain I will eat my keyboard

Sorry, I phrased that wrong. I meant he'd be my preferred choice. He's changed his ways majorly since joining us and leads by example both on the field and off it.

IMO an underrated player by most people.

If the reports of him wanting 800k are true, Tom Rockliff is not one of those people.

Rule 1 of any form of contractual negotiations: Always ask for more/less(circumstances depending) than what you actually want/think is fair and then meet the other party somewhere in the middle.

But yes he is underrated imo.

Sorry, I phrased that wrong. I meant he'd be my preferred choice. He's changed his ways majorly since joining us and leads by example both on the field and off it.

Rule 1 of any form of contractual negotiations: Always ask for more/less(circumstances depending) than what you actually want/think is fair and then meet the other party somewhere in the middle.

But yes he is underrated imo.

By everyone except Tom, was my point.

600K is more than fair, 650k if Bris really want to keep him.

700k + is overs.

Just my view.

700k + is overs.

Just my view.

I think 700k is reasonable given we have to pay a certain amount of the cap and other factors. At his best He's every bit the player Dayne Beams is and he'd be on 800k roughly.

We haven't seen enough of Beams to comment. If we can get him fully fit playing his best footy, I don't think any of us will care about the 800k he takes up.
I think maybe from what I've heard Rocky does care and it may be one of the reasons behind the unrest between some players.

700k + is overs.

Just my view.

How is 700k overs?

He's there best player and would be chased by every other club in the league

The only other players to average 30+ disposals and 1+ goals per game during a season currently playing are Garry Ablett and Nathan Fyfe taking out all 3's injured games.

Rocky is a star and damaging in his own right. And any player averaging 30+ disposals gets cheapies.
Dayne Beams averaged 30 possessions and a goal a game as as 22 year old in 2012

Dayne Beams averaged 30 possessions and a goal a game as as 22 year old in 2012

In a premiership side. That was Beams at his best. Rockliff's averaged 32.7 disposals and a goal a game this year minus the 2 injury games where he spent hardly any time on ground.

I just pray for the day Zorko, Rockliff and Beams are all fit and playing together in the guts. Even better if Hanley can find form with those dodgy hips.

Must be something going on behind the scenes if the club is looking to trade him. Wouldn't be because he is not valued as a player.

I'd be interested if you went back a few years on Big Footy and checked the masses opinion of Maxwell as a captain. All the more ironic since he now makes a quid in mentoring roles.

Long and the short of it is Rockliff is in the worst possible position. Even Hodge would struggle to get much out of the Lions with Leppa and their disfunctional front office. Easy target for mine.

Edit, here you go...
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/nick-maxwell-courageous-captain-or-pathetic-sniper.579806/
That was also prior to being All-Australian and captaining a premiership, which is hardly a trophy cabinet for a pathetic footballer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back