Remove this Banner Ad

DELIST- Russell
Bower
O'Keefe (injury prone)
Waite (injury prone)
Thornton
Bray
Carter

TRADE- Warnock (still has some value, stupid that we already re-signed 206)
Davies (still young enough with a few games now under his belt)
Duigan (mature age draftee good first year, one year wonder?)
Garlett ??????(Downhill skier, serious brain fades tries to do too much constantly and stuffs it up)
Ellard,Joseph,Curnow- One must go!

Does anyone think we can win a flag with the above listed players???

Would love to see O'Keefe given one more year to get his body right. Too much upside to give up on him yet imo.

Unfortunately I think it's time to let Bower and Russell go. Probably one of Joseph and Ellard too (Ellard would be my choice to stay). Not sure what all of their contract situations are though.

Would love to see O'Keefe given one more year to get his body right. Too much upside to give up on him yet imo.

Unfortunately I think it's time to let Bower and Russell go. Probably one of Joseph and Ellard too (Ellard would be my choice to stay). Not sure what all of their contract situations are though.
Ellard is my choice too..... Joseph towelled up Ablett at the peak of Abletts powers a few years ago even though the cats smashed us that night thought he would be something but maybe another "one hit wonder?"

Unfortunately we can't afford to hold on to him. You need to turn guys like this over to keep the list going forward and improving. We need to make tough calls. That's footy. He's almost certainly gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People need to have a good look at who our rookies are and the rules for them before suggesting they be delisted. For instance I don't see the urgency in delisting O'Keeffe.
4 years is enough time, surely? People who watch the Northern Blues love him but is he realistically closer to selection than, say, Cachia was?

We'll probably delist Bower, Thornton, White, Davies and Russell this year so maybe a spot on the HBF flank is vacant.:p Still - Bootsma and McInness would be ahead of him.

4 years is enough time, surely? People who watch the Northern Blues love him but is he realistically closer to selection than, say, Cachia was?

We'll probably delist Bower, Thornton, White, Davies and Russell this year so maybe a spot on the HBF flank is vacant.:p Still - Bootsma and McInness would be ahead of him.
He's been on the rookie list one year and only really had a good run without injuries for a little while now. Highly rated youngster and has been impressive this season.

Cachia's delisting shouldn't set a precedent.

As I said, I am pretty certain that we can keep both O'Keeffe and Curnow on the list for another year

Don't rookies get paid s**t money? In which case Curnow would be demanding a fat new contract worth $200K plus a season. If we weren't prepared to elevate him there'd be clubs lining up to part with their second round draft pick (ala Mumford).

Don't rookies get paid s**t money? In which case Curnow would be demanding a fat new contract worth $200K plus a season. If we weren't prepared to elevate him there'd be clubs lining up to part with their second round draft pick (ala Mumford).
they get match bonuses, so he certainly wouldn't be on the base pay of $50k

He's been on the rookie list one year and only really had a good run without injuries for a little while now. Highly rated youngster and has been impressive this season.

I'm just saying a 5th round draftee is a speculative pick (65) to begin with no matter how much of Wayne Hughes special he was rated. Is he rated in the top half dozen HBFers at the club, of which we have a surplus?

I'm just saying a 5th round draftee is a speculative pick (65) to begin with no matter how much of Wayne Hughes special he was rated. Is he rated in the top half dozen HBFers at the club, of which we have a surplus?
He was in the U18 AA squad.

He's one of the few HBFers we have that actually can play the midfield right now. Plays like Scotland.

He's one of the few HBFers we have that actually can play the midfield right now.

So can Gibbs, Carrazzo, Armfield, Joseph, and Yarran.

And as far as pure medium defenders he's behind Duigan, McInness, Bootsma and Tuohy. So even if we delist the 5 I mentioned, he's still a long way back.

LOL.

The club would take a second round pick for Curnow and run.

The rookie list is a good place to keep depth players and possible best 22 players like Bell, Dale, O'Keeffe and Casboult.

Rhys has more skill than Duigan. Has played wing in the VFL, so he shouldn't be pigeon holed as a back flanker.

McLean what can we get for him? I don't think he will play AFL for the Blues again.

3rd round pick..pick 40-50 maybe?

carltonians seem to be split when it comes to ROK..... Why is he worth giving one more year, attributes?? One attribute he has is to not be able to get on the park!

McLean what can we get for him? I don't think he will play AFL for the Blues again.

3rd round pick..pick 40-50 maybe?
R u higher than Ben Cousins???? Get off the crackpipe, just kicked the winning goal last week to keep our finals hopes alive and was one of the best on!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back