Trade/Delistings/List Management 2010 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Travis Boak -> Essendon?

The one that says Boak has much of a higher trade value than Monfries? I agreed from the outset. I don't agree with the Reimers, Melksham and Zaharakis comments but that's opinion as already discussed.

That was fairly clear and there's no need for brownie points.
You don't think that 3 fairly good youngsters are more valuable than 1 better one. We know. We just think that's wrong. And your poll is showing that too.

You don't think that 3 fairly good youngsters are more valuable than 1 better one. We know. We just think that's wrong. And your poll is showing that too.
Are you really that stupid to think I don't agree that three youngsters with potential combined are better than 1 blossoming A grade midfielder?

I think you need to go back through this thread and learn to read.

News flash - Articles about Essendon Football Club end up on the Essendon board.

My guess is, you just read the thread title and not the thread. You will note if you had of read the thread that no one is taking the possibility of Boak leaving PAFC seriously, much less coming to Essendon.

What it has done is led to a discussion on what we as Essendon supporters would give up for Boak. I know a discussion is an interesting think to take place on a discussion board, you'll have to excuse us for that.

We as Essendon supporters, have emotional attachments to our players, some good, some bad, just like you do as a PAFC supporter. Chances are that leads to us overstating the value of our players. Not because we think someone like Angus Monfries is a superstar, but because we've seen him grow and we kinda like the kid.

The article, which I'm also tipping you didn't read, didn't just mention Essendon, so there is no coincedence, other than the fact that an Essendon supporter saw we were mentioned put it up for discussion. Again, strange concept on a discussion board, I know.

It's fantasy, not to be taken seriously. I don't expect to see Buddy, Brown and Pavlich run out in the same forward line, but I have them in my Dream Team.

There's some Port people here (on our board) taking things just a little too seriously.
pwned. ****ing pwned.

to the port fools coming on to not even listen to this guy and make yourselves look stupid, stfu. you're embarrassing your board and yourselves.

I know its only early but i thinK that Hartlett may end up a better player than Boak.

So do I. I also think that Hurley will end up a better player than Pears. That doesn't mean that Pears has any less trade value than he would if Hurley wasn't better than him (not to Port because we already have enough young KPD's, but to someone who needs KPD's)

Absolutely fantastic player, gun.

1st round WILL NOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO CUTTING IT.

You would imagine it would be something like

1st + mid/higher tier player

i wouldn't even swap zaharakis for boak, let alone chuck reimers and a pick in.

zaharakis is going to be a gun, and wouldn't be suprised at all if he has a better career than boak

Ok I apologise for my earlier post being slightly off topic.... I have been home sick all week anyway.

I'm just saying that articles have come out in the past on the eve of big/important games that unsettle other teams, it happens all the time.

Port have been a club that hasnt shyed away from taking interstate youngsters like our Adelaide counterpart. Thankfully....

As such after a big game, Gray gets best on ground, Boak (suddenly very crucial to us) steps it up another gear and they get found out to be 1, Victorian and 2, out of contract this year.... then sure enough an article comes out suggesting teams (inc Essendon) are interested. Obviously teams are interested in out of contract quality players. They wouldnt be doing their job if they didnt atleast inquire.

I'm not saying no one rated these blokes before hand, however all of a sudden their names are gonna be put in the limelight and made out to be superstars, rightly or wrongly.

Both are important to Port Adelaide, I believe Gray could be our best player in the near future too.

And more importantly, I hope it's a great game tomorrow, both clubs do try to play a nice brand of football, both sides have guys with freakish talent, and I'm sure it will be a good spectical.

Re: Essendon signs two players under NSW scholarship program

James Webster, a scholarship holder with us i believe, has been doing very well at tac cup level this year

We should make a play for Boak, we could really do with him in our midfield. He's only 22 now, and he is on track to become a star when he hits his peak

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Essendon signs two players under NSW scholarship program

Quick headsup - Cole was someone we really wanted, but the AFL backflip cost us our last couple of spots. Will be a good get if you can get him confident in looking beyond 30m. Finds the ball like few others, but at this stage is a "first option = best" player. Not suprising if he's only had a year or two of footy, but something to keep an eye on.

So do I. I also think that Hurley will end up a better player than Pears. That doesn't mean that Pears has any less trade value than he would if Hurley wasn't better than him (not to Port because we already have enough young KPD's, but to someone who needs KPD's)

Wasn't referring to trade value but quality of player.

First Rounder + Zahkarkis + Reimers, the last two have to be on the table in my view.
Do you secretly barrack for Port Adelaide or another opposition club that just want to screw Essendon over? We are not trying to deal a deal for James Hird/Chris Judd/Nick Riewoldt rooled into one. FFS, that is the worst suggested trade ever in the history of this board and that is saying something.

First Rounder + Zahkarkis + Reimers, the last two have to be on the table in my view.

Do you secretly barrack for Port Adelaide or another opposition club that just want to screw Essendon over? We are not trying to deal a deal for James Hird/Chris Judd/Nick Riewoldt rooled into one. FFS, that is the worst suggested trade ever in the history of this board and that is saying something.

i agree with you haha. terriblee (Y)

I would love Boak, but it ain't gonna happen unfortunately. I would offer:

Reimers + DD + first rounder for Boak + second rounder

Who's DD? I doubt we'd take that by the way, unless DD is someone quality. Reimers and a first rounder would probably be about our asking price for Boak IF he wanted out (and if not it would be more), so unless 'DD' is worth a second rounder we would't take it.

Who's DD? I doubt we'd take that by the way, unless DD is someone quality. Reimers and a first rounder would probably be about our asking price for Boak IF he wanted out (and if not it would be more), so unless 'DD' is worth a second rounder we would't take it.
Darcy Daniher

Try and be realistic with your suggestions.

If Gray went to GC for $$$.

Boak for Monfries could be win-win for both teams.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to get rid of Monfries but you have to give to get. We seem to have an abundance of forward pocket/half forward flankers.

There goes that realistic suggestion

Honestly, would you trade a young gun midfielder for a forward pocket?

Not even in Pepperland mate

I hope todays game opened your eyes up a bit.

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Shame it takes an Carlton supporter to point out the obvious. We Dons supporters have the predictable habit of over rating our own players and savagly under rating other teams..

Boak is a gun.. star.. absolute gem.

He won't leave PA and if he did we would have to throw everything and the kitchen sink to get him.

Also name 1 big name recruit who has actually wanted to come to Essendon in the last 10 years.. we haven't had a big signing for a long long time. Mentioned it before and will mention it again. There is no love for the bombers for most guys looking for new homes.

Had family in Torquay that watched this guy, along with Dangerfield, rip it up.. was hoping EFC would draft them.. but wasn't to be...

No chance, and yes he probably is worth 3 of our young blokes..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back