List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

One positive to take out of yesterday was the unwillingness of clubs to trade for our 1st Round pick next year, they obviously think we will be screaming back up the ladder ?

Pretend this post is a long, eloquent complaint about how ridiculous it is that the year we finished last, after finishing second last the year before, without trading out any of our picks for this year and having another club's pick, that our second selection is pick 30. That's basically an entire extra round tacked on to the end of the first round purely by the AFL's ridiculous system.
Very eloquently said. A bit long for my liking though.

AFL doing what it does best. Manage the 'look'.

How come there isn't 4 North players in the picture?

None of their round 1 priority picks in the photo?

Anyone surprised? I'm not.

Only the players that were invited/accepted to the draft night are in the photo. Our last 3 picks weren't invited. Hardeman and Goad were in different states, would have been a good effort to make the photo.

But you are keen on George Stevens?

A big mid who lacks pace and isn't flashy, tackles well and is good by foot. Did an ACL already but has recovered.

He sounds like a Hamish Brayshaw mid. Good enough just not quick enough.

I said Simpson, Morris, ZZ, Hall. But happy to give Stevens a go with our last if Hall is gone. It's the lols really because he's a big big boy. I have no idea what the club is going to do tonight tbh. As long as we grab at least one key defender I'm agnostic on what we do with the other picks.

Would compo in terms of Salary Cap concessions work better than picks. Say if X player leaves you receive extra $$$ towards your salary cap spend. It would be more complicated than that but just a general idea

AFL had the perfect tool to protect our 2nd from being pushed so far back in access to collard and refused to use it whilst GCS and NM got given the world.

Do you think any club would disagree with the logic this is the worst club in the league and we’re trying to ensure their second pick falls as close to pick 19 as possible if that was the justification given?

Anyway today I’m gambling that Murphy slides a long way. Take Simpson first then hope ZZ makes our second pick. Then at third either Murphy, Weatherill or one of the HBF options.
We have to come to the realisation that the AFL just don't like us.
They think we are to arrogant by standing on our own two feet, not begging for handouts and keeping our licence out of their hands.
"UP THE COASTERS"

Would compo in terms of Salary Cap concessions work better than picks. Say if X player leaves you receive extra $$$ towards your salary cap spend. It would be more complicated than that but just a general idea
Agreed. Soft caps space or salary cap is prefect. Stop diluting the draft.

NGA the same for all clubs and limitations.

No bidding in the top 10
No more than 2 for the draft inclusive of father sons
No discounting on points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone else think some of celebrations were over top, especially as they knew they'd be drafted

Talking Watson, Caddy and Duursma

Celebrating that they got taken by Melbourne based clubs and wouldn’t have to move?

Is it reasonable to expect something else back trading our F1st for pick 8?

It was our F1 for Curtin in the live trade scenario, the pick number didn't matter. They knew we wanted him, we were never getting more in that scenario, whoever we traded with was always going to hold the upper hand.

And from all reports even a straight swap wasn't enough, so no, expecting more back definitely wasn't reasonable

Only the players that were invited/accepted to the draft night are in the photo. Our last 3 picks weren't invited. Hardeman and Goad were in different states, would have been a good effort to make the photo.
Don’t come in here, not in peace, and throw around logic and reason!! We don’t do that

When Curtin was picked his family commiserated him , it was no celebration . Felt sorry for him . Walters and friends were jubilant . I would say more chance that Curtin comes back to W A in a few years than Walters . Collard will be back soon . Hope we don't sell the farm in years to come.

Are we concerned we missed out on Curtin?

I'm much more confident of pulling a player home out of Adelaide than Melbourne or Sydney.

IN three years time when he's coming out of contract, if he's a star we go hard and offer multiple first rounders. We should be better then and the picks not low picks, and top our next premiership team off with him.

I still think we are a ruckman short on our list, with doubts around Jamieson competing at AFL level, and Barnett yet to prove himself, unless we are going to target English, we should be targeting another Ruck.
What are the knocks on Edwards?

I still think we are a ruckman short on our list, with doubts around Jamieson competing at AFL level, and Barnett yet to prove himself, unless we are going to target English, we should be targeting another Ruck.
What are the knocks on Edwards?

Flynn?

I think we will trade it and get another early 30s pick plus a F2 or another pick in 30s. I hope we get one of ZZ, Murphy or Schoenmaker* but again no idea their plan with bringing Buss, Taylor and Curtin home. Curtin was devastated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back