List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

I know longer portions of the interview have been posted but here's a shorter excerpt of Harley specifically discussing going to West Coast (which FYI was basically what he said to me directly two weeks ago and was poo poo'ed at by North supporters on here):

Harley coming out on stage on draft night to accept his wings from Simmo
Wwe Wrestling GIF by USA Network

If we can turn 15 and 18 into 8 (or better), we might do it (along with pick 2). I hope not though.

Then North can do the legwork for that.

Harley coming out on stage on draft night to accept his wings from Simmo
Wwe Wrestling GIF by USA Network

I want him being chaired out by Cuz and Nic to the middle of Subiaco, to rub the dirt of that great ground into his face before being presented with a bound Sam McClure dressed in blue and white, letting out a guttural roar before ritually slaughtering him and tearing off a nondescript tracksuit top to reveal the glorious number 9....

.... or something like that....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it weird that he hasn't spoken to Simpson yet? Or is it something that will happen later this month.

No. It might be unusual in terms of other clubs. But not for West Coast under Simpson.

He’s either very good at delegating with a lot of confidence in those around him, or very distant.

He didn’t meet with Culley until very close to the draft, maybe one or two days before hand.

Apparently he doesn’t even do exit interviews with players, he leaves it to line coaches.

He seems to have faith in those around him to their jobs well and doesn’t helicopter over people or try and rule the roost like a Clarko for example.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he is on holiday somewhere and will come back a week or so before the draft and then have his say.

If we rate Reid higher than Curtin which should be a no brainer then we hold pick 1 until the draft.

Cal Twomey will know who is into Curtin by Melbourne's pick 6 and if he thinks he will still be there and we rate him highly then we make an offer to Melbourne something along the lines of...

Our F1 + 2023 R2 for 6, 11 & F1

Our F1 may be pick 3 and we still can trade pick 1 to North if they blink first and offer us the godfather deal...

No. It might be unusual in terms of other clubs. But not for West Coast under Simpson.

He’s either very good at delegating with a lot of confidence in those around him, or very distant.

He didn’t meet with Culley until very close to the draft, maybe one or two days before hand.

Apparently he doesn’t even do exit interviews with players, he leaves it to line coaches.

He seems to have faith in those around him to their jobs well and doesn’t helicopter over people or try and rule the roost like a Clarko for example.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he is on holiday somewhere and will come back a week or so before the draft and then have his say.
I don't mind it. you shouldn't micro-manage people who work under/beside you this early in the piece. Once/if it's determined we're keeping 1 and taking Reid, then he'll meet with him.

If we rate Reid higher than Curtin which should be a no brainer then we hold pick 1 until the draft.

Cal Twomey will know who is into Curtin by Melbourne's pick 6 and if he thinks he will still be there and we rate him highly then we make an offer to Melbourne something along the lines of...

Our F1 + 2023 R2 for 6, 11 & F1

Our F1 may be pick 3 and we still can trade pick 1 to North if they blink first and offer us the godfather deal...

What the...is that shit.

Our F1 will likely be pick 1 again and the same feeding frenzied Victorian meltdown will happen again when the top 4 picks will all be Victorian. They will come clammering to get up the draft order for a shot at jagar smith, O'Sullivan, Smillie and Moraes.

Pick 1 next year.might be splitable into 2 top 5s, like this year.

You want to give 1 19 for 6 11 18. So effectively giving 1 for 6 11. F that.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't mind it. you shouldn't micro-manage people who work under/beside you this early in the piece. Once/if it's determined we're keeping 1 and taking Reid, then he'll meet with him.
The opposite of Chris Scott. He is the mother of all micromanagers. Rules with totalitarian control across all departments.

What the...is that s**t.

Our F1 will likely be pick 1 again and the same feeding frenzied Victorian meltdown will happen again when the top 4 picks will all be Victorian. They will come clammering to get up the draft order for a shot at jagar smith, O'Sullivan, Smillie and Moraes.

Pick 1 next year.might be splitable into 2 top 5s, like this year.

You want to give 1 19 for 6 11 18. So effectively giving 1 for 6 11. F that.

It depends how high we rate Curtin and if he is the reason we are into trading this pick away for Reid who is the most highly regarded draftee in recent years, plus our F2 will be more like 25 and theirs will be more like 15-16, would rather give up next years potential 1, may be 2 or 3 for this years boom recruit.

Which one of you morons called up Trade Radio asking if Reid was breastfed and that's why he doesn't want to come to Perth?

That was Feathers 🪶 in his cap with a voice over …… he is shi**** himself that we get the marketing golden boy, when every year a best 22 players request out of the Violet Crumbles .

Last edited:
Time for our recruiters to leave trade week to the BSD brigade and focus on interviewing potential draftees

• No WCE players requesting a trade it seems unless they like leaving things to the last minute
• Other than Brockman, there’s no other players we’ve been linked to bringing in

So no trading required other than to tell Hawthorn to give us a call if they come to their senses, otherwise we’ll just walk Brockman to the PSD

As for pick 1, there’s no players involved making it just a pick swap that can be done whenever (or never) so no rush. Melbourne and/or North can take as long as they want to put together a jaw dropping deal whilst we go about the business of interviewing draftees and put together our draft order with or without a trade offer to consider

Waiting also means all player trades are completed and there’s a clearer picture of which clubs have picks when to further get an understanding of where players might go in the draft

Waiting, waiting, waiting……

Expect that North won’t be stupid enough to offer a trade that we’d agree to and go to the draft with -

• Pick 1 : Harley Reid. Have Ben and Nic there to hand him the No.9 jumper - it’s a marketers wet dream. Our two previous #9s who both helped lead us out of the gloom in 2000/01 and 2009/10 respectively handing over the beacon to the next #9
• Picks 22,36,43 : Best available with an eye towards list needs and an open mind to trading up/down on the night if/when an opportunity presents. Whatever picks from 57,62 or our F3 are left from any Brockman trade could be used to facilitate a trade up. F1 and F2 are off the table unless something exceptional pops up
• Last pick : With 4 picks used above we’ll have the choice of using a pick at the dregs of the draft if someone has slipped through (refer Noah Long). Or keep a spot open to add a DFA/train on player over summer
• Rookie Draft : Add a player with pick 1, then decide on Trew or roll the dice with someone new (assuming we don’t sign Trew beforehand). Could be where we add Livingstone and/or Hine-Baston

Now if North do get a serious case of Reid FOMO and come up with pick 2, another top 10 pick and another top 20 pick - 2,6,15 (or 17 or 18) is doable if they involve Melbourne then that is an offer we’d have to consider. Anything less is JTR territory

If that’s accepted then the back end of our draft changes and we definitely use all 5 picks

Last edited:
Now the worry turns to North actually putting 2 and 3 infront of us.

I'm more worried they don't and we take a sub par trade because we are so hell bent on splitting the pick.

Also Bond telling us for the record his preference is Reid makes me nervous. It's like when someone is trying to tell you bad news but want you to know they aren't part of it. "For the record, i had nothing to do with it, so don't blame me" etc etc

Also telling us there is a long way to go has me bracing us for the inevitable bad news coming our way.

Perhaps i'm over analyzing too much but his comments didn't fill me with confidence, not the way some of his previous comments have.:confused:

Last edited:
I'm getting the feeling we're going to bend the knee, and for a real average return too. How often do you get a chance to bring this type of talent into the club?

2, 15, 17 to extrapolate is 3, 19, 22 for the most hyped kid in a long time. Underwhelming, so underwhelming. Even more so that 3 is likely to be spent reaching on local talent.

Time for our recruiters to leave trade week to the BSD brigade and focus on interviewing potential draftees

Now if North do get a serious case of Reid FOMO and come up with pick 2, another top 10 pick and another top 20 pick - 2,6,15 (or 17 or 18) is doable if they involve Melbourne then that is an offer we’d have to consider. Anything less is JTR territory
Pick 2, 6 and 15/17/18 will mean they get Melbourne involved. That will mean they give up 3 to Melbourne for Duursma or Watson and get 6 and 11.

What you propose is:

Norf
In 1 and 11
Out 2 3 and 15

West Coast
In 2 6 15
Out 1

Dees
In 3
Out 6 and 11

So I would hold ground and say to Norf give us 2 6 and 11

BUT WAIT.

The more I think of Harley in number 9, the more I now want something else than 2 and 3 or 2,6 and 11. Maybe it is 2, 6, 11 and Norf's F2!

More interviews with Harley like this mornings and it becomes 2, 6, 11 and 18

Please remember posters, we do not need to be fair. We do not need to be reasonable. We hold the golden ticket and it will take a godfather deal. And 2, 6 11, and 18 is starting to feel Godfather.

Sleep tight Khartoum
1697099617894.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back